First Product Details for September's 'V-UNION Box!'

Porigon

Aspiring Trainer
Would be cool if the jumbo card was the same size as the 4 cards combined to use it in the field when a V-Union is in play but probably not gonna happen.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Would be cool if the jumbo card was the same size as the 4 cards combined to use it in the field when a V-Union is in play but probably not gonna happen.
Jumbo cards were made smaller so they could fit into Ultra PRO 4-pocket portfolios. So the jumbo should be roughly the same size as the four individual cards.

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
This is a good way to distribute these cards: give them altogether

Macke

Master of deckbuilding
Good that (at least some) V-Unions come in boxes. Just imagine them coming in sets and clunking up the ultra-rare spots...

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
So there's still hope we won't be pulling Greninja Chud from packs. The jumbos are definitely way more handy when it comes to actually playing these cards - even if it's not officially endorsed, I expect them to be used often.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Jumbo cards were made smaller so they could fit into Ultra PRO 4-pocket portfolios. So the jumbo should be roughly the same size as the four individual cards.
Wait a minute. I know that the old box topper cards were OVERSIZED, but were there ever Jumbo cards larger than the modern ones?

Nice, now we just need jumbo size sleeves
Don’t know about sleeves (although I’m sure they exist), but I know that the 25th Anniversary Jumbo Card portfolio would work well. I’m pretty sure it also has extra space after you put in all 25 promos.

So there's still hope we won't be pulling Greninja Chud from packs. The jumbos are definitely way more handy when it comes to actually playing these cards - even if it's not officially endorsed, I expect them to be used often.
But then EVERYONE would know you were using a V-Union... EXCEPT... if EVERYONE brought random Jumbo cards to tournaments? Or else you just hide it until you use it, but even then someone from another table saw you putting a Jumbo card on the table... but you’re right, it would be great for convenience.

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
To all those guys who were simply freaking out saying they'd have to collect these from packs and all that stuff.
TPCi knows what they're doing ok?

Carpey

Deck Experimenter
I imagine because the main issue with v unions is the unwieldy size on the field, people will overlap the 4 pieces or even just stack them, especially when it gets moved to the bench. I couldn't see myself using the jumbo as a token when I could instead just print out a standard sized image of the full set and slip that into my deck case. It is uniquely practical as a collectable card though. It might have been nice to have one for the old Legend halves.

Sjin

Aspiring Trainer
To all those guys who were simply freaking out saying they'd have to collect these from packs and all that stuff.
TPCi knows what they're doing ok?

S8 Fusion Arts is pretty much confirmed to be a V-Union focused set. V-Union cards will be printed in booster sets, and it'll probably be a nightmare for both players and collectors alike to get all the pieces they want. It's just a matter of time, unfortunately. Hopefully they continue to make some of them accessible through promo boxes like these, but there will definitely be some which are booster exclusive.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think we will have a set for V-Union due to how difficult to get all 4 of them. LEGENDs were difficult to get in the past, we don't want this to happen again.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I don't think we will have a set for V-Union due to how difficult to get all 4 of them. LEGENDs were difficult to get in the past, we don't want this to happen again.

even if they were the same rarity slot, which they aren't, but even if they were, they'd still be half as rare as these.

Seeing people defend this or even saying TPCi knows what they are doing is always so funny to me. While the mechanic itself seems fine, the distribution, power creep, and overall lack of balance of swsh era sets indicates the opposite to me. This will be looked back on as growing pains imo.

S8 Fusion Arts is pretty much confirmed to be a V-Union focused set. V-Union cards will be printed in booster sets, and it'll probably be a nightmare for both players and collectors alike to get all the pieces they want. It's just a matter of time, unfortunately. Hopefully they continue to make some of them accessible through promo boxes like these, but there will definitely be some which are booster exclusive.
Actually, Fusion is a new type of Battle Style, which will be featured on Mew VMAX and other cards.
Also, remember that nothing has actually HAPPENED yet. We don’t know WHAT TPCIs plan for these is yet (besides making money, obviously, but hey, it’s not as if capitalism isn’t a thing). Discussion is great, but even if TPCI may not be doing everything exactly what many of us would want, they are capable of making smart marketing decisions. Also, whenever one party gets what it wants, another party misses out. For instance, what is good for collectors may not be ideal for players, and what is good for scalpers is probably not good for investors (yes, there’s a difference. Scalping is to day-trading as long-term investing in sealed product is to long-term stock market investments).

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
even if they were the same rarity slot, which they aren't, but even if they were, they'd still be half as rare as these.

Seeing people defend this or even saying TPCi knows what they are doing is always so funny to me. While the mechanic itself seems fine, the distribution, power creep, and overall lack of balance of swsh era sets indicates the opposite to me. This will be looked back on as growing pains imo.
That's the reason why I never watch pack openings on YouTube, except to early release of sets like weeks before the actual pre-release because it's so cringe to see people's reactions pulling chase cards, It's worse if it is V-Union.

That's the reason why I never watch pack openings on YouTube, except to early release of sets like weeks before the actual pre-release because it's so cringe to see people's reactions pulling chase cards, It's worse if it is V-Union.
I get excited every time I pull something rare from a pack, but I can’t imagine getting excited about pulling any single card if you open hundreds or even thousands of booster packs each year. Not to mention the thumbnail photos just looked staged.
I can’t ever see myself having an opening channel, but I HAVE recorded myself opening packs just for the memories.