First competitive team (don't know tier)

Aburame Yuki

Nothing to say...
This is a team i have right now and will play at smaller (unofficial) tournaments. hope i did a good job >.> I will write how i EV trained but i'm not sure they are completely correct. And my team don't really have much synergy but they work together.

The lead

Zoroark @ Focus sash
Timid (+ spe - atk)
Illusion
EV 252 spA 252 spe
Flamethrower
Night daze
Focus blast
Nasty plot

Just a sweeper. Using illusion to (mostly) taking the shape of Shawk so he might be targeted by psychic type attacks that he is immune to. Nasty plot once and you can sweep if nothing to trouble some is in your way. I know most will notice it's not a sawk when i nasty plot but then it's already to late and i can start sweeping (took out 6 pokemon singlehanded). Mostly Zoroark fails when the opponent has some prior move (extreme speed >.> ). And can survive the first attack from Zoroark. Focus sash is so i can get a nasty plot and survive the first attack if i get attacked.

Garchomp @ Yache berry
Jolly (+ spe - spA)
Sand veil
EV 252 spe 252 atk
Swords dance
outrage
stone edge
earthquake

Just a great and powerful attacker. Can outrage directly if i face something i think i can 1 hit. If i think i can survive an attack i'll swords dance first, and then sweep. Yache berry used so none stabbed ice attacks won't 1 hit him(i think?). Jolly nature for extra speed and possible outrun other garchomp(s) i might encounter. Outrage is a powerful move that gets stab, so is earthquake. Stone edge is an overall good move that can hit on ice type pokemon for weakness if i only have garchomp left. Should i run Choice scarf for added speed and just use Outrage (if not earthquake is more suitable)?

Starmie @ life orb
Modest (+spA - atk)
Natural cure
EV 252 spA 252 spe
Ice beam
Surf
Thunderbolt/ Psychic
Rapid spin

Mostly on the team for rapid spin since sawk will get killed otherwise, by entry hazards. But is a great attacker as well. Surf for stab and ice beam and Thunderbolt for type coverage. Ice beam hits dragon, flying and grass while Thunderbolt hits flying and water( while psychic would hit on fighting and poison). Natural cure makes it possible to rapid spin on toxic spikes and retreat to prevent much damage from poison. Nothing that threatens starmie that others on this team can't handle. Life orb is simply for more damage.

Ferrathorn @ leftovers
Careful (+spD -spA )
Iron barbs
EV 252 atk 252 spD
Curse
Gyro ball
Leech seed
Power whip

An offensive tank. With more spD than def but using cure they are both high enough. If facing bigger guys then leech seed and start using cures. If anything i can hit for weakness on then i'll attack directly. The only threats are stabbed fire attacks or really hard hitting fighting. Curse also makes ferrothorn slower which boosts gyro balls power making ferrathorn an capable pokemon to stop fast sweepers. Power whip for stab and to hit water pokemon since none other on my team dose it(now starmie dose it too). Can be used as a "substitute" if i know my opponent is going to attack with something that would k.o my active.

Archeaops @ Flying gem
Hasty (+spe - def)
Defeatis
EV 252 atk 252 spe
Dragon claw
stone edge
U-turn
Acrobatics

Another strong pokemon and can scout with U-turn and switch into ferrathorn to tank. The only one on this team with flying type move. High atk and being the fastest on this team makes it possible to sweep some more with this bird before it get's low hp, were it's ability makes i't useless. Dragon claw is to hit hard on dragons since most people will have some kind of dragon it's good to have more than 1 who can attack them hard. Stone edge gets stab and is an overall good powerful move. No real threats out there but it get's k.o ed often by pokemon who can survive (sturdy/ focus sash).

Sawk @ Lum berry
Adamant (+ atk - spA)
Sturdy
EV 252 atk 252 spe
Stone edge
earthquake
counter
reversal

Sawk is usually thrown out on something that can k.o it but thanks to sturdy it will survive and can counter/reversal or attack with other. Since i'll mostly use sawk as last pokemon and Zoroark will use illusion on sawk. I can also run sawk in the lead to mind-game a bit. Lum berry is used mostly so that confusion or poison (and such) won't kill me when i'm left with 1 hp. Stone edge is for flying since most will be 1 hit-ed before sawk even takes damage. And earthquake is just a good overall move that can 1 hit even without stab.

Thats my team right now. Any tips on moves and/or items then comment. If you have tips on different pokemon then write why.

Change Sawk's item to a Salac Berry. If you're gonna get him to that range, you need the Speed Boost, as he is very slow. Also, sweeping leads don't work that well, the only one that I've ever seen be successful would be Blaziken lead. The INSTANT you Nasty Plot, they'll know you're a Zoroark. Also, if you're going to be Gyro Balling on Ferrothorn, give it a Brave Nature if you still want the attack boost, since that lowers your speed for more Gyro Ball destruction.

@Hatman: I know. But were do i get Salac berry? If you tell me i'll use it ^^ Also i actually swept through a 6 pokemon team with only Zoroark after only 1 nasty plot. He did notice it wasn't sawk but he was too busy trying to sett spikes to do anything on him. So i used flamethrower on his foretress (sturdy) and he set toxic spikes, then i knocked it. And everything else he threw at me. He did have a suicune that i didn't 1 hit but he used some status thing (don't remember which) and it missed. He didn't even undo the illusion Zoroark had ^^

On ferrathorn i got bored of breeding and used this calm one and it's working for me. I'd rather not start breeding for a new one for a small stat change (ok it's 10% >.> ). But at this time changing nature is to troublesome...

With zoroark, I would replace flamethrower with counter, seeing as it is your lead. That would also allow you to get more from illusion.

^Well i already have a fighting type attack (focus blast). And counter makes me hit last therefor taking damage. And flamethrower is the only move i can win over skarmory with(which my friend plays).

Back