First 3 English 'Flashfire' Cards Revealed [3/26]

ECHOxLegend said:
Eron said:
Then holo rares would be worth almost the same as a simple reverse foil. Even less.

I for one have no problem bringing the value of cards down, however, its not about the worth, its about the precious shinyness. for $4 i want every rare to have some redeeming value.

The issue with that is that some players don't like using holos. So making them holo would make me (and others) kinda upset that there is literally no alternative.

ECHOxLegend said:
Eron said:
Then holo rares would be worth almost the same as a simple reverse foil. Even less.

I for one have no problem bringing the value of cards down, however, its not about the worth, its about the precious shinyness. for $4 i want every rare to have some redeeming value.

Apart from what ATA said, I neither like to use holos. I prefer reverse foil ones. It's hard to see the Holo pattern.

Well, if all packs included a Holo, then holos would be worth nothing (literally). Think about that, you are just contradicting your own statement.

Eron said:
ECHOxLegend said:

Apart from what ATA said, I neither like to use holos. I prefer reverse foil ones. It's hard to see the Holo pattern.

Well, if all packs included a Holo, then holos would be worth nothing (literally). Think about that, you are just contradicting your own statement.

How are they contradicting their own statement? The "redeeming value" is that the rare is holo, the $4 is the pack, the price of the holos has nothing to do with it.

Scorched Feathers said:
Eron said:

How are they contradicting their own statement? The "redeeming value" is that the rare is holo, the $4 is the pack, the price of the holos has nothing to do with it.

Yeah, but if each pack had one holo, then holos would be worth less than now.

Who cares if holos are worthless? Stuck-up collectors who prize the value of their cards? If holos are worthless, then surely it's a good thing that they are, since they'll be easier to obtain.

Scorched Feathers said:
Who cares if holos are worthless? Stuck-up collectors who prize the value of their cards? If holos are worthless, then surely it's a good thing that they are, since they'll be easier to obtain.

People that sell them, trade them, buy them. Not necessarily "Stuck-Up" collectors.

Good for the people that like holos, which is not my case.

That's the point, I don't see any reason to continue arguing. It would be considerable to let people get a holo in each pack.

KarpyKarp said:
Crimson Dive? What a let down.

Set is boring already. Bring on some Rising Fist

I would like to disagree with you, but that's just my opinion against yours.

I for one am excited for M Charizard Y, and plan toying around with it in my Emboar deck, possibly even taking out Rayquaza EX to be able to squeeze it in. Slap a Protect Cube on it, and it receives no recoil damage.

I also love Pyroar's ability, and would like to use it in a deck as well.

Furret's Uncommon IMO. Torkoal might barely make it to Rare. Scrafty's quite possibly Uncommon too. I could see Miltank as Rare, too. Furfrou might be Common.

Sceptevoir said:
Yes! Pyroar's ability hasn't changed! I was thinking that TPCI was going to pull some sort of trick with the English card, so it wouldn't be overpowered. Does anyone else think that M Charizard X EX is TERRIBLE?
In every way, yes, it takes 5 turns to attack and negatives like crazy. All my decks could set up and win against this even if it got an extra 2 turns or 3 for that matter. :p

IwuzHere6452 said:
Sceptevoir said:
Yes! Pyroar's ability hasn't changed! I was thinking that TPCI was going to pull some sort of trick with the English card, so it wouldn't be overpowered. Does anyone else think that M Charizard X EX is TERRIBLE?
In every way, yes, it takes 5 turns to attack and negatives like crazy. All my decks could set up and win against this even if it got an extra 2 turns or 3 for that matter. :p

Well, there's Emboar, and attachments, but it still takes around 3-4 turns to get it going. Charizard Y is all-round better :p
I really hope we get those non-5ban XY Promos in this set!

Quite possibly. It's the second one to be an arrangement of the letters X and Y, and less visually different than the McDonald's sets, which did kind of the same thing.

Man these cards look cool. I hope I can get a hold of these 3 cards but when I can get more cards I will look for them.:)

From a Collectors standpoint: I keep leaning more towards Japanese cards now. To me spending alot more money here in the US for English cards seems like a waste. I buy alot of Blister packs from places like Walmart and Target. For the price of one English Booster box, I can get 3 Japanese Booster boxes. In 3 Japanese Booster Boxes, I am guaranteed 9 "Ultra Rare" cards and 21 other holo's for a total of 30. An English Booster Box I get 12 Holos which include anywhere between 1-5 Ultra Rares in that box. The value on the English boxes has gone down for me bigtime. It makes me almost not want to collect English cards anymore. Code cards are virtually useless now. I try selling them for $0.50 each and nobody wants them. Will I buy packs of FlashFire? Yes, because of the Charizards, obviously. Because I will likely have a better chance of pulling them, than I do buying singles. Atleast for the first couple weeks when the set comes out. Still, Japanese cards are alot nicer in my opinion. The condition of the cards, the glossyness, they are 1st edition when a set first comes out, and the quality in general. It makes collecting cards better. I'm thinking about Pre-Ordering a case of Japanese Rising Fist Boxes and a case of the Halucha decks... Any input?

Back