First “Paldean Fates” English Cards Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has released a video revealing the first English cards from Paldean Fates! The set will start to release on January 26th.

Pikachu-Paldean-Fates-141x200.jpg

Mimikyu-Paldean-Fates-152x200.jpg

Scyther-Paldean-Fates-155x200.jpg

Baxcalibur-Paldean-Fates-155x200.jpg

You can watch the video here:

First “Paldean Fates” English Cards Officially Revealed!
See them on PokeBeach:
➡️https://t.co/ZNYyJZOKYY pic.twitter.com/DTDXlxBpYd
— PokeBeach.com? (@pokebeach) November...

[url="https://www.pokebeach.com/2023/11/first-paldean-fates-english-cards-revealed"]Continue reading...

I don't like how they just do this every year now. Of course it must be a big success everytime, so they'll obviously keep doing it, but I would much prefer if they used this slot for different stuff. Make reprint sets of WotC era sets or something cool like that. Unfortunately the consumer keeps sending them signals that this is the way, so they'll keep doing safe stuff that is just a sure hit, instead of risking doing other cool things that they could risk not being as successful.

(PS: on full disclosure, I'm also biased for not really caring for shinys, never did, to me they're almost all just ugly and distasteful as heck)

So it doesn’t look like the holo is textured like it was in the past?

Edit: ok nevermind I see the circular effect on them in the video.

Make reprint sets of WotC era sets or something cool like that.
Did you forget Base Set 2, Legendary Collection, XY Evolutions, Celebrations, and even partially Celestial Storm sets? Not to mention the upcoming crazy expensive Classic Box Set decks with new and reprinted cards. Plus, @Yaginku also remade/rebalanced the first 3 sets too! How many more WotC reprints do you want?
And I think being biased doesn't help solve problems.

Did you forget Base Set 2, Legendary Collection, XY Evolutions, Celebrations, and even partially Celestial Storm sets? Not to mention the upcoming crazy expensive Classic Box Set decks with new and reprinted cards. Plus, @Yaginku also remade/rebalanced the first 3 sets too! How many more WotC reprints do you want?

I meant the neo sets, gym heroes/challenge, rocket, etc. But it could be anything, anything would be better than "the same shiny set every year". Plus I think listing some sets from 20 years ago hardly helps your point. Nor does the fact that Evolutions did the "it's a reprint but not really" switcheroo thing, Celebrations had just a small subset of cards spread throughout the tcg's history, and even bringing what Celestial Storm did is a stretch, not only because of how softly it tapped into that idea, but because of how poorly implemented it was (most cards are just worse art versions of the originals, with questionable graphics and/or wierd new angles and zoom-ins of the original artworks). Also, you do realise that disclosing that bias there is precisely to let it be clear that although that's the case for me, that is not the reason why I'm against doing the same shiny set every year. The problem is not the "shiny" part, it's the "same every year" part. Maybe do a set focused on all evil teams throughout the games' history, with cool alt arts of the mons with those teams' trainers. Maybe continue what 151 started and do complete dex focused sets, etc, whatever, I'm sure many people could have brilliant ideas for special sets, just quit making the same set every year, that's the main point that flew over your head.

I meant the neo sets, gym heroes/challenge, rocket, etc. But it could be anything, anything would be better than "the same shiny set every year". Plus I think listing some sets from 20 years ago hardly helps your point. Nor does the fact that Evolutions did the "it's a reprint but not really" switcheroo thing, Celebrations had just a small subset of cards spread throughout the tcg's history, and even bringing what Celestial Storm did is a stretch, not only because of how softly it tapped into that idea, but because of how poorly implemented it was (most cards are just worse art versions of the originals, with questionable graphics and/or wierd new angles and zoom-ins of the original artworks). Also, you do realise that disclosing that bias there is precisely to let it be clear that although that's the case for me, that is not the reason why I'm against doing the same shiny set every year. The problem is not the "shiny" part, it's the "same every year" part. Maybe do a set focused on all evil teams throughout the games' history, with cool alt arts of the mons with those teams' trainers. Maybe continue what 151 started and do complete dex focused sets, etc, whatever, I'm sure many people could have brilliant ideas for special sets, just quit making the same set every year, that's the main point that flew over your head.
What do you mean with every year? We get 1 Shiny set per generation, so round about every three years. Hidden fates 2019, shining fates 2021, paldean fates 2024 and the gen10 shiny set 2027 - 2028.

What do you mean with every year? We get 1 Shiny set per generation, so round about every three years. Hidden fates 2019, shining fates 2021, paldean fates 2024 and the gen10 shiny set 2027 - 2028.

Damn, that's right, goes to show how repetitive it feels that I thought we just had the last one last year.

Damn, that's right, goes to show how repetitive it feels that I thought we just had the last one last year.
I wouldn't say that. There are 16 (!!) Sets between shining fates and paldean fates. E.g. Chilling Reign, Evolving Skies, Celebrations, Brilliant Stars, GO, Lost Origin, Crown Zenith, Scarlet&Violet, Obsidian Flames, 151. What did you do the last three years, man? ?
And repetitive? We'll get for the first time shiny alt arts (SIR & IR) and six cards with a new "raised foil". We won't even have sv numbers. The only repetitive is the existence from baby shinys and fullart shinys and the similar distribution between them like shining fates. When you don't like shiny sets, it's okay, everyones choice. But your "arguments" are crap tbh.

I think what he's asking for is a kind of reprint set that includes cards from the old eras. Ones that don't have a regulation Mark so it can't be used in tournaments but you could still collect them which honestly lets me real is a pretty big part of the game

Last edited:
Even though I'm roughly in the same boat as you – kind of tired of these – I am glad they'll continue to do it. To every now and then have sets that don't capture your interest at all is not a bad thing, since you can skip it outright.

For my part my interest in this set is tempered by the fact that, like you'd expect for a Gen 9 TCG set, there are a lot of Gen 9 Pokémon I have absolutely no interest in. If this had been "151, but everyone's shiny!" it'd have been a different story for me, but when it's a mishmash of cards I do want – alt. color Pikachu! alt. color Mimikyu!! the leaked Mew ex is neat! – with a bunch I don't – I can't even name examples because I haven't committed many of their names to memory, but basically none of the Gen 8 or Gen 9 monsters capture my interest whatsoever – it's an easy skip.

I like your suggestion of focusing on older sets because it'd be an opportunity to buy packs I'm interested in, but at the same time – I'm not too bothered. I liked 151 and just bought two more Korean boxes of the set, and if there's just one set a year that captures my interest, I'm absolutely fine with that.
Kiiinda off-topic but genuine curiosity here; I find it hard to believe there's not at least a single Gen 8 or 9 Pokémon that captures your interest - yeah SWSH wasn't the greatest group design-wise but I think SV was much stronger and has some of the best designs they've ever done

Back