First “Crimson Haze” Cards Revealed, Including Bloodmoon Ursaluna ex!

Moonlit Hill exists and can do better for Gardie

View attachment 18882
It's better in that it heals more but we no longer care about the amount of energy post rotation, just the amount of damage counters, Moonlit Hill is harder to pull off as it requires an energy to be discarded which might be hard to find late game than a supporter.

I mentioned it on Twitter, but the Bear is perfect for forretress. An even better match than Forretress/wo-chien.
310 hp with charm, 360 with cape. Access to penny. And you can still play Wo-chien and shaymin, and iron leaves as a pivot/tech.

Deck doesn't seem bad at all.
Cheren's Care can even get some love here too.
Well, the Enhanced Hammer reprint could be bad news for Lugia, Arc piles and any other deck that relies on DTE (sorry Meowscarada), it might even affect Bloodmoon Ursaluna if can be a deck using DTE but too soon to guess.
There's literally no reason to debuff Ursaluna with DTE when Forretress exists.
Then, you remember that the format is highly centric around a 330 HP behemoth. This is unfortunately where it falls short.
Toedscruel-ex says hello. An Ability to shut down Roaring Moon and a decent attack that can be prepared with Forretress against Charizard.

Toedscruel-ex says hello. An Ability to shut down Roaring Moon and a decent attack that can be prepared with Forretress against Charizard.
Unless you put Hero's Cape on your first Toedscruel and it doesn't get blown off by Lost Vacuum, you are losing that prize trade after you pop Forretress. If you don't have the Hero's cape and the Charizard player knows what they are doing, you are rolling dice of if the Charizard player has Maximum Belt ready. This is also before considering that Radiant Charizard can make a 4-prize comeback even if you had 2 prizes left to take. And this is for a matchup you claim should be in your favor; wait until you factor using Forretress pop against stuff like Chien Pao, Gholdengo, Lugia/Cino, and even Dino Box. You're starting at a 2-prize handicap against decks that were designed to deal with a bigger, stronger attacker.

Your whole strategy hinges on Hero's Cape by the sound of it.

Roaring Moon ex is also falling out of popularity as a focused deck, in favor of variations of the Roaring Moon from Temporal Forces leading the charge and Roaring Moon ex sometimes being a coverage attacker.

Not sure how I feel about Perrin. It's a double Pokemon Communication, which is neat, but it's gimped by the fact that it's a supporter, as always.

I doubt we'll be getting Hydrapple in Crimson Haze, but that makes me wonder if we're getting a second set of Applin+Dipplin cards when Hydrapple does end up making its TCG debut (Stellar Miracle maybe?)

imagine they pull a Blueberry Pokedex and just have Hydrapple in the set without any of its evolutionary relatives

Not sure how I feel about Perrin. It's a double Pokemon Communication, which is neat, but it's gimped by the fact that it's a supporter, as always.
Honestly supporter pokemon search has never found its footing since Ultra Ball was first printed, I think a supporter that just blank searches 2 pokemon of any kind with no cost would maybe see play but even then I'm not usre

Find it interresting how you can see the canvas texture in Phiones fullart. I somehow forgot that traditional media gets used too.

I doubt we'll be getting Hydrapple in Crimson Haze, but that makes me wonder if we're getting a second set of Applin+Dipplin cards when Hydrapple does end up making its TCG debut (Stellar Miracle maybe?)

imagine they pull a Blueberry Pokedex and just have Hydrapple in the set without any of its evolutionary relatives
There is a hydrapple in the art of the pack so it should be in the set.

Honestly supporter pokemon search has never found its footing since Ultra Ball was first printed, I think a supporter that just blank searches 2 pokemon of any kind with no cost would maybe see play but even then I'm not usre
If there's a card like that it's definitely going to see play with 2-3 copies because the card has next to no opportunity cost early game, since it's one and a half of Irida/Korrina.

Is it just me or is it hard to figure out what's going on in the SIR Bloodmoon Ursaluna ex? Is that a felled tree with lots of honey in it? Tree sap? Is it a lava flow that he's eating? The art is just so flat....

am i the weird guy to think of the potential of luna in hisuian zoroark vstar as a late game one-of jet energy tech?

am i the weird guy to think of the potential of luna in hisuian zoroark vstar as a late game one-of jet energy tech?
I think it fits basically any deck now that I think of it. Even if your opponent is two prize left, you only need one energy, boss's orders and KO for game a two prize Pokemon.

Is it just me or is it hard to figure out what's going on in the SIR Bloodmoon Ursaluna ex? Is that a felled tree with lots of honey in it? Tree sap? Is it a lava flow that he's eating? The art is just so flat....
The POV is so weird - I think it’s a cross section of a hole in the side of a tree and partly underground so we see inside the tree plus the roots in the dirt AND the outside of it …but it is just kinda bizarre.. but that doesn’t mean I don’t like the honey gobbler and the super smooshed teddi on the right hand side!

I think it fits basically any deck now that I think of it. Even if your opponent is two prize left, you only need one energy, boss's orders and KO for game a two prize Pokemon.
well actually honestly if you throw this down in a single prize deck when your opponent only has 1 prize then you can attack for free. also does this work with crisis punch?

well actually honestly if you throw this down in a single prize deck when your opponent only has 1 prize then you can attack for free. also does this work with crisis punch?
Didn't think of the TM, but reading the card, I don't think will work because the ability specifies the attack's name to reduce the energy cost.

Cheren's Care can even get some love here too.

There's literally no reason to debuff Ursaluna with DTE when Forretress exists.

Cherren only picks up ursaluna, penny can pick everything besides forretress.

Back