First ‘Omega Ruby’ and ‘Alpha Sapphire’ Footage This Saturday! [5/8]

I wonder if the Pokemon in OR/AS will be getting new animated sprites, can't wait till Sunday to find out.

I don't know about new models, but they'll probably be given new "movements" and "animations." I think all near-future games will probably use the same models and they'll just change the way they move.

It'll be really interesting to see how close the style will be to X / Y and what features they keep / add. I'm also curious how the protagonists will be restyled.

I think the style will be very close to X/Y. The Pokémon Battle Sprites will probably stay the same, but I would like to see new ones. However, I have tno idea how/if the overworld will be re-styled.
Can't wait to see what's new!

I hope they don't change the models too much. They look fantastic in XY.

Just hope to see a little bit of overworld footage, places that we recognize from Hoenn.

I too am interested to see how the protagonists will look but I would also like to see the new artwork for Hoenn (you know, those colored maps with the region) and also the new look for prof. Birch and our Mom. I'm not expecting much from this footage but at least an increase from what was the teaser and then more on E3.

My excitement is out of the roof right now! I really hope Hoenn looks amazing in a 3D world. But what I'm most excited to see is whether they'll shed some light on the Groudon and Kyogre seen on the boxart. Like at the end of the first X/Y trailer, when Yveltal and Xerneas first appeared. I hope these forms of Groudon and Kyogre are epic! 'Mega' Groudon breaking through the surface of a volcano and 'Mega' Kyogre leaping out of the sea! Please be mega evolutions!

The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon.
This practically confirms that the new Groudon and Kyogre are either new forms or mega evolutions, and not new Pokémon. I hate how Pokémon makes such misleading statements like this, saying one thing when it obviously means another.

Off topic, why does Pokémon Get TV always change their name? I mean, Pokémon Sunday was ok, but Pokémon Smash was a great name!

/\ I don't think anyone believed they were different Pokémon... But yeah, it's not nice to see official sources be like 'woooo, what's this new Pokémon that looks like Mewtwo?' and then two months later 'yeah, it was Mewtwo after all.'

Reggie McGigas said:
The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon.
This practically confirms that the new Groudon and Kyogre are either new forms or mega evolutions, and not new Pokémon. I hate how Pokémon makes such misleading statements like this, saying one thing when it obviously means another.

Off topic, why does Pokémon Get TV always change their name? I mean, Pokémon Sunday was ok, but Pokémon Smash was a great name!

Where did your quote come from?

I am quite excited to see what footage it will display. I'm hoping for the reveal of what Groudon and Kyogre's (possible) new forms are. I also want to see the overworld, and I'm curious if they'll reveal some of the features like the Underground base.

Does anyone know when this show will broadcast in Australia?

Totally psyched for tomorrow! Can't wait to see whatever footage they have to offer. Nintendo is giving me LIFE with these quick releases of the games we really want!

Brave Vesperia said:
Reggie McGigas said:

the site that shall not be named...cough celebi

Reggie McGigas said:
Brave Vesperia said:

the site that shall not be named...cough celebi

Why can't it be named? I wonder...
Anyways not expecting much from this "footage" but hopefully it will be enough to satisfy my curiosity for a while

I hope they improve on the old emerald contests, and avoid adding all the crap that was added to generation 4 contests. Also, seeing contests in 3D would be amazing.

I'm mostly hoping to see Littleroot Town tomorrow. Although I have to admit, I'm extremely curious as to how Fortree City will look now. Also, hearing some of the music would be nice too.

Back