Discussion Fire, Water or Grass...which will prevail?

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I find it fascinating how three of the main decks in the upcoming meta go back to the old adage of the three starters fire, water and grass. Volcanion, Lapras, and Decidueye or Lurantis decks all have a huge type advantage over one of the other.

I hink with aqua patch coming out the Lapras deck will prevail as it will be easier to accelerate attacks. Currently it has some success vs grass decks as well, and it is super favourable vs Volcanion. In addition with FoGP rotating out the accelerate grass evolution/item lock Bain of my existence will have a much harder time setting up (at least it won't be turn 1 or 2).

I think grass will be on top until FoGP rotates, then i'm not sure weather Water or Fire will be on top next. I'm leaning torwards Water because of Aqua Patch.

Water because of all the great water cards like Aqua Patch, Manaphy EX, Palkia EX and all those cards

Absolutely, other decks will still be top tier decks, including mewtwo, mrayquazza, yveltal etc. I was just thinking of the three starter types.
I agree with you, for sure decks such as turbodarkray Mray e Mewtwo will always be in top tiers....but thinking about grass, fire, water my opinion is

Grass will rule for some months thanks to the speed of item lock (vileplume) that the stadium gives to it,
also water seems very consistent with the lapras gx deck variants

regarding fire, sadly, I saw many volcanion loosing to deciplume and I don'tknow how much that oricorio (to set up) and the turtonator gx will help....

Back