• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Fire Water Deck (Blaziken/Feraligatr)

matmonster92

Aspiring Trainer
I need some help with this deck.
Pokemon Cards:
x2 Torchic 67/108
x2 Combusken 31/100
x1 Blaziken 1/17
x2 Chimchar 76/130
x2 Monferno 56/130
x1 Infernape 5/130
x2 Totodile 106/123
x2 Croconaw 44/123
x1 Feraligatr 8/123
x2 Piplup 93/130
x2 Prinplup 44/100
x1 Empoleon 4/130
x1 Goldeen 3/12
x1 Seaking 7/12
x2 Spheal 65/108
x2 Sealeo 37/108
x1 Walrein 39/123

Trainer Cards:
x4 Bebe's Search
x1 Roseanne's Research
x1 TV Reporter
x1 Lanette's Net Search
x1 Energy Search
x1 Felicity's Drawing
x1 Pokedex
x1 Celio's Network

Energy Cards:
x9 Fire Energy
x14 Water Energy

Well that's what I have for right now. Most of those cards are from the diamond and pearl decks that came out and from the diamond and pearl booster packs. I am getting x2 Typhlosion Prime soon. I was wondering what could I do to improve this deck? I mean like it is oblivous that I need newer cards, but like what cards should I get to use a water and fire deck successfully in a tournament? I am going to try and make a deck for the league tournaments that take place in San Diego, if anyone has some pointers for me that would be greatly appreciated, well thanks for your time. I am also am getting a blastoise, and it's evolutions do you think I should use them in this deck? I would like to be able to play in a big tournament like the regional tournaments they have, but I need some help getting my deck up to par and being a legal deck.

RE: Fire Water Deck

So what exactly do all these pokemon do for eachother? Also you're running 5 different stage 2 pokemon (Consistency issue) not only that but running 2-2-1 of every line does you no good. You need to streamline your deck and focus on 1 or maybe 2 pokemon (preferably of the same type) and build around them adding pokemon that support them.

Here's a small sample of what t/s/s some stage 2 decks run

3 Pokemon Collector
4 Bebe's Search
4 Rare Candy
2 pokemon Communication
1 Luxury Ball
1 Palmer's Contribution

It's mainly just search cards but one can never have too many search cards (to some extent)

Right now everything in your deck is illegal (except the energy, energy search and Bebe's Search) so don't expect to be bring this too any tournaments anytime soon (The current modified Format is Majestic Dawn - Onwards) Combining {R} and {W} just to make some random type deck will do you no good. The best thing you can do for yourself is to do some research on all the sets that are legal and look at the cards and look at some of the Articles and decks in the tournament deck section to uderstand how decks are built and what cards are used in them.

RE: Fire Water Deck

Okay I will do that, thanks for the help. I will have to read up on some articles to see what I will run

Back