• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fire Mill (BUS Included)

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
I am looking to make a deck that can do well against alot of the playable decks right now and looking into making a that has simalr quality of energy denial and win condition of deck out. This is first crack at making deck that Id like to play next format, assuming BKT-BUS.

Monsters: 11
2 Turtonator GX (SM)
2 Tapu Lele GX
2 Oricorio (Fire type)
2 Volcanion EX (STS)
1 Mew (FAC) for Garbador
2 Houndoom EX

Trainers 36
2 Field Blower
2 Crushing Hammer
2 Enhanced Hammer
3 Ultra Ball
4 Team Flare Grunt
2 Team Skull Grunt
2 Guzma
2 Team Rockets Handiwork
3 Mallow
1 Lillie
2 Judge
1 Professor Kukui
1 Kiawe
1 Fisherman
1 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Delinquent
3 Scorched Earth
2 Altar of Sunne- for water matchups

Energy-13
10 Fire
3 Burning

Again this is first attempt at this deck and appreciatte any comments,thanks!

Last edited:
I don't see this as a mill deck as much as an energy denial deck. I assume the strategy is to get 'zard up front and wall/attack as needed?

You have no way to get Lele other than top deck, which makes the 1-of supporters less helpful. It also makes it harder to get you evolution line going. It also lacks strong draw support.

I'm still pretty new at this too. What I have found helpful is to look at what works for other players and watch youtube videos. Then you get an idea of how to build the trainer core of the deck depending on the win conditions you are looking for. Yellowswellow and dark integral gaming are two of the best in my opinion. It may seem unoriginal to just copy most of another deck, but 1-its proven to work and 2-there is loads of creativity still available, especially with all the new sets TPCi has planned! An inconsistent deck is a loosing deck, and a loosing deck is a a one way ticket to burnout.

Stick with it, stay laser focused, and play online as often as you can!

Great thank you both for insight, I added some draw support and took out inconsistent charizard line for a simple 2 houndoom ex.

As Tony and Latte mentioned, you don't have a way to search out any of your Pokemon. Ultra Ball is a staple for just about any deck, this one included. The discards can be painful, but the ability to search for any Pokemon you have in the deck makes it worth using. All of your Pokemon are basics, so Nest Ball can work too. Remember that Lele's Wonder Tag won't activate if it's searched with Nest Ball, as you have to put it on the bench directly from your hand.

As Tony and Latte mentioned, you don't have a way to search out any of your Pokemon. Ultra Ball is a staple for just about any deck, this one included. The discards can be painful, but the ability to search for any Pokemon you have in the deck makes it worth using. All of your Pokemon are basics, so Nest Ball can work too. Remember that Lele's Wonder Tag won't activate if it's searched with Nest Ball, as you have to put it on the bench directly from your hand.
I can search for cards by using mallow and then scorched earth, i was trying to avoid adding too many items as way to counteract lot of garbadors that are at the tournaments i play.

I can search for cards by using mallow and then scorched earth, i was trying to avoid adding too many items as way to counteract lot of garbadors that are at the tournaments i play.
Field Blower can remove Scorched Earth. Ultra/Nest Ball can search out your Pokemon without the need of using up your turn's supporter or using a stadium. You may have Fan Club, but it's not enough given that you're not using Vs. Seekers and the fact that you need to draw into Lele to search for it in the first place. Even if you're paranoid of Garbodor, Ultra Balls are a necessity in every deck.

Field Blower can remove Scorched Earth. Ultra/Nest Ball can search out your Pokemon without the need of using up your turn's supporter or using a stadium. You may have Fan Club, but it's not enough given that you're not using Vs. Seekers and the fact that you need to draw into Lele to search for it in the first place. Even if you're paranoid of Garbodor, Ultra Balls are a necessity in every deck.
This deck is for post rotation, once VS Seeker is gone. its not paranoia as much as eveyrone is playing garbadors at my tournament. Taking out Puzzle of time for 3 ultra ball and 2nd enchanced hammer

Last edited:
I saw my mistake after I made the post, hence I deleted it straight after.
My bad, deleted it... i do think ultraballs do help it, i do feel mallow scorched earth is lil clunky but not sure what would be better option for helping me get enegry deneial consistently.

Its better to have the option to get them out when you need and just limit your item usage when you KNOW you are playing against garb than to not include items just in case you run into garb. One thing I do appreciate about garb is that it forces me to think about how and when I am going to play resources. plume just shuts them off and I hate that. It is always better to have the option than to get bricked when you need something and don't have a way to get it.

Its better to have the option to get them out when you need and just limit your item usage when you KNOW you are playing against garb than to not include items just in case you run into garb. One thing I do appreciate about garb is that it forces me to think about how and when I am going to play resources. plume just shuts them off and I hate that. It is always better to have the option than to get bricked when you need something and don't have a way to get it.
Rght i get that just do not want to have my deck too reliant on items and fact that most players at my tournament play it trying to make deck work toward that meta as well. But agree I should not aboid playing items all together. Just trying to figure out best engine to get energy denial consistently.

The hard part of energy denial in the garb matchup is that they only need to be able to attach one energy. it makes for a tough game.

Back