• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Fire Deck (M Charizard EX / Camerupt EX / Victini EX)

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
Alright, this is a deck that I made a while back but didn't really do much with. I'm more of a casual player, allowing slip-ins from past sets, so this is more Expanded, but there's one card that is in HGSS (which I guess I could replace with an Energy Retrieval, but since Fisherman retrieves more... :p).

Pokemon (16):

• 1 Charizard EX (FLF, 11/106)
  • 1 Charizard EX (FLF, 12/106)
  • 1 M Charizard EX (FLF, 13/106)
  • 1 Charizard EX (XY Promo, #17)
  • 1 Entei EX (Dark Explorers, 13/108)
  • 1 Blaziken EX (XY Promo, #54)
  • 2 Camerupt EX (PRC, 29/160)
  • 1 Heatran EX (PLF, 13/116)
  • 2 Victini EX (LTR, 24/113)
  • 1 Tornadus EX (PLF, 98/116)
  • 1 Reshiram EX (LTR, 29/113)
  • 1 Delphox EX (XY Promo, #19)
  • 2 Torkoal (FLF, 16/106)
Trainers (20):
  • 3 Blacksmith (FLF)
  • 1 Fisherman (HGSS, 92/123) (This will be replaced with the upcoming reprint when it's released)
  • 3 Pokemon Center Lady (FLF)
  • 3 Energy Retrieval (PRC) (This is the abbreviation for Primal Clash, right?)
  • 2 Hypnotoxic Laser (PLS) (Plasma Storm, right?)
  • 2 Pal Pad (FLF)
  • 2 Professor's Letter (XY)
  • 2 Protection Cube (FLF)
  • 2 Scorched Earth (PRC)
Energy (24):
  • 3 Plasma Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
  • 19 Fire Energy
Strategy:
Basically the strategy is to get your Camerupt EX out as quickly as possible and stuff it with Energy. Use your Victini EX to expedite this process. Then simply choose the amount of Energy to discard with Explosive Jet that you need to Knock Out your opponent's Active. Then you use Blacksmith to get some of that Energy back. Rinse, repeat.

I suppose this deck might benefit from a VS Seeker or two, which would replace the Pal Pad(s). It also might benefit from a Hoopa EX. Or removal of some of the EXes I don't usually use, like Reshiram, Heatran, Entei(dunno about this one), and one of the Charizards. What to replace them with baffles me. I suppose this is what I need input for.

(In case you've read http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/tcg-stories-thread.125043/#post-2733862 , this is the deck that beat my M-Ray variant)

P.S. I hope I wrote this correctly, since this is my first time doing this.

Fun fact, you can continue to use the HGSS fisherman card, no need for a new copy. That is, once it's rotated back in. At long as it's legal, you don't have to worry about which "version" of the card you're running unless the text is significantly different, or a couple notable exceptions (computer search being the big one).

As for suggestions, every fire deck benefits from Pyroar. He is a really good fire mon, even if he doesn't have the same stopping power he once did. And four blacksmiths gives you an even easier time powering up than three. I don't know every mon on your list off by heart, but what are the protection cubes for?

edit: it just occurred to me that you may already know that first part, in which case whoops I apologize :/

Last edited:
Fun fact, you can continue to use the HGSS fisherman card, no need for a new copy. That is, once it's rotated back in. At long as it's legal, you don't have to worry about which "version" of the card you're running unless the text is significantly different, or a couple notable exceptions (computer search being the big one).

As for suggestions, every fire deck benefits from Pyroar. He is a really good fire mon, even if he doesn't have the same stopping power he once did. And four blacksmiths gives you an even easier time powering up than three. I don't know every mon on your list off by heart, but what are the protection cubes for?

edit: it just occurred to me that you may already know that first part, in which case whoops I apologize :/

Oh, it's fine. I did know that first part, heh. (I had just forgotten)

I think I have a Pyroar lying around somewhere. I also think I have a fourth Blacksmith.

The protection cubes are for M Charizard EX. To stop its self-damage. Though now that I think about it, I don't really need 2 if I'm not gonna keep the Reshiram.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I'll see what those cards do for the deck.

Back