Figurines and Pins from Mega Charizard Collection / Mega Evolution Collector Pin 3-Pack [7/8]

Urgh, despite the fact these are inevitably going to be uber-expensive here, I really want that Mega 'zard Y pin. >.> The figurines don't look that good, though... They seem lesser quality than previous ones. Might be imagining it, though.

Those figures look amazing, especially Charizard X. Clear flames for the win :)

Though did you know that the pin sets have already been released in Canada?

I think the figurines look neat, it's too bad that the promos inside of the are just the same Charizard EX that came in the Charizard EX box. I don't really need two more of those card here. :(

Pins look cool, I might get these after all.

Yay... more cash-cow Charizard merchandise... (though I may still get the Y figure or pin set >_>)

Will the charizard X/Y collection be released in europe or will it be like last time and we will get a stupid box with jumbo card ?

I have a question, is the mega charizard x card inside the mega charizard box? and if there isn't where can I automatically get a mega charizard x card? is it available in one of the tins or boxes?

shadowF said:
I have a question, is the mega charizard x card inside the mega charizard box? and if there isn't where can I automatically get a mega charizard x card? is it available in one of the tins or boxes?

It appears it's going to be the same Charizard as the other boxes, promo card that has the mega ascension attack. Currently the only Mega's available are ones from the set which sell for about $30 on ebay on average.

ShadowMoses05 said:
shadowF said:

It appears it's going to be the same Charizard as the other boxes, promo card that has the mega ascension attack. Currently the only Mega's available are ones from the set which sell for about $30 on ebay on average.

aw man! I guess there is no reason for me to buy this box now. I wonder if they will release mega charizard x in a tin or a box. maybe for the holidays?

Pangoro#1999 said:
Will the charizard X/Y collection be released in europe or will it be like last time and we will get a stupid box with jumbo card ?
Here in Italy it will include the Mega Ascension Charizard-EX (translated in italian, of course) and the jumbo card of the Mega-EX.

Cool, more Charizard stuff to collect! Although, TPCi is starting to feel like Nike, where they drop hot release after hot release, back-to-back-to-back, and end up making your wallet beg for more money lol.

Sad to say I doubt they will ever release any of the two M. Charizard EX cards in a tin or easy to get release. In fact I doubt they'll do that with any Megas.

Pikachu6319 said:
Sad to say I doubt they will ever release any of the two M. Charizard EX cards in a tin or easy to get release. In fact I doubt they'll do that with any Megas.

It doesn't make sense from a business aspect to do that. Sure, tin sales (or boxes) would skyrocket if Megas were released as promos that way, but pack sales would probably go down. Since packs are random and based more on luck, people (kids?) would buy packs over and over with the hopes of obtaining those Megas. Handing them out easily would leave little interest in buying more packs for those sets, and most parents are alot more likely to buy packs rather than tins for their kids...

Yet, we can't say "never" with 100% certainty. Just like Primes, Lv. X's and Ex's have gotten tins, there's a chance some Megas are released in tins.

I'll probably get the Mega Charizard Collection boxes since they don't contain XY packs. Probably won't get the pins though since I don't really want pins.

Patriots Fan said:
Pikachu6319 said:

It doesn't make sense from a business aspect to do that. Sure, tin sales (or boxes) would skyrocket if Megas were released as promos that way, but pack sales would probably go down. Since packs are random and based more on luck, people (kids?) would buy packs over and over with the hopes of obtaining those Megas. Handing them out easily would leave little interest in buying more packs for those sets, and most parents are alot more likely to buy packs rather than tins for their kids...

Yet, we can't say "never" with 100% certainty. Just like Primes, Lv. X's and Ex's have gotten tins, there's a chance some Megas are released in tins.
They could release a mega pokemon in the set with way better art than the tin one, so kids would want the cool one more.

True there is no certainty, but I all but guarantee you no M. Charizard EX's will ever be easy to obtain. I know it would be bad for business, which is why I say sad to say, but just because I understand that perspective doesn't mean I like it.

I love when they have figures in the boxes! I love collecting them :D
Too bad each box is probably around $20 or so, so for both figures it'd be a good chunk of money :/
I'll probably just end up trying to buy the individual figures, since I switched to collecting Japanese TCG cards for XY.

darkanine87 said:
Patriots Fan said:

They could release a mega pokemon in the set with way better art than the tin one, so kids would want the cool one more.

Assuming that works.. most kids will pick a tin over a pack or two if given a choice. Some parents will cave in and buy the tin, while others will let their kids cry it out and not buy anything when the kid throws a fit...

Pikachu6319 said:
True there is no certainty, but I all but guarantee you no M. Charizard EX's will ever be easy to obtain. I know it would be bad for business, which is why I say sad to say, but just because I understand that perspective doesn't mean I like it.

You and me both lol.

It would be nice if TPCi decided to ease up and release a M Charizard tin/box, with an actual card instead of the Jumbos we'll get (npt saying I don't like the jumbos of course)

Speak for yourself, we'll get the figure boxes, not the jumbos ;). Not that I have a problem with the figures, I like them and have them all on my window sill. But I wish there was an easier way to get the jumbos than ordering them from the UK. I doubt TPCi will ease up, but it would be nice. Even better if the M. Charizard inside said tin/box was new. maybe less powerful than the Flashfire ones to 'make up' for the ease of getting it.

Back