• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fighting Fury

Ultra Lunala Prism

Aspiring Trainer
This is a non-GX or EX-deck.

Energy 20
x20 Fighting Energy

Trainers 26
x2 Rare Candy SM
x2 Switch SM
x2 N XYFC
x2 Fisherman XYBT
x1 Wide Lens XYRS
x1 Skyla XYBT
x1 Winona XYRS
x1 Hau SM
x3 Professors Letter Gen
x1 Town Map XYBT
x2 Energy Retrieval SM
x1 Max Revive Evo
x2 Pokeball SM
x2 Team Skull Grunt SM
x2 Pokemon Communication BW
x1 Focus Sash XYFF
Pokemon 14
x1 Snesal SMBS
x1 Weavile SMBS
x1 Dodou Evo
x1 Dodrio Gen
x1 Makuhita SM
x1 Hariyama SM
x1 Carbink XYFC
x1 Sandygast SM
x1 Palossand SM
x1 Gible XYBP
x1 Gabite XYBP
x1 Garchomp XYBP
x1 Roggenrola SM
x1 Boldore SM
x1 Gigalith SM

Any Suggestions?

It's honestly a very bad idea to only play 1-of Pokemon. It means you have no solid attackers or real strategy. So, because of that exact reason, there's really not much we can help with. Also, this deck is not standard. Some of your trainers have rotated, hence they are not standard legal. These include: Pokemon Communication, Focus Sash, Max Revive, Winona, and Wide Lens. It's also very excessive to play 20 Energy, since most decks get by on 13-14 max. Most competitive decks play 11 or 12 though. Is there any strategy other than to attach Energy from your hand to attack?

It's honestly a very bad idea to only play 1-of Pokemon. It means you have no solid attackers or real strategy. So, because of that exact reason, there's really not much we can help with. Also, this deck is not standard. Some of your trainers have rotated, hence they are not standard legal. These include: Pokemon Communication, Focus Sash, Max Revive, Winona, and Wide Lens. It's also very excessive to play 20 Energy, since most decks get by on 13-14 max. Most competitive decks play 11 or 12 though. Is there any strategy other than to attach Energy from your hand to attack?
I just use the trainers that I have in my supply and what will work.

I can stand here and throw all the standard information about how bad this deck is and give the uniform advice of "get good Pokémon," but I understand your situation in that your supplies are limited. First off, I would encourage getting 1-2 of the recent Garchomp theme decks. They're cheap ways to get 4 Cynthia, a very vital draw supporter in today's format, as well as a complete line of the very good Garchomp and some Lucarios to compliment them. Things to consider cutting would be the Hariyama line, Winona, Gigalith, and a chunk of that energy. Unfortunately that's standard information I can't refrain from providing. In regards to cuts, you may also want to just remove anything not in the Standard format (if you want to keep playing in it) at the cost of a huge load of your current Trainers. Tell me what you think and if there's anything else I can hopefully help you on =)

I can stand here and throw all the standard information about how bad this deck is and give the uniform advice of "get good Pokémon," but I understand your situation in that your supplies are limited. First off, I would encourage getting 1-2 of the recent Garchomp theme decks. They're cheap ways to get 4 Cynthia, a very vital draw supporter in today's format, as well as a complete line of the very good Garchomp and some Lucarios to compliment them. Things to consider cutting would be the Hariyama line, Winona, Gigalith, and a chunk of that energy. Unfortunately that's standard information I can't refrain from providing. In regards to cuts, you may also want to just remove anything not in the Standard format (if you want to keep playing in it) at the cost of a huge load of your current Trainers. Tell me what you think and if there's anything else I can hopefully help you on =)
The thing is is that I don't buy cards anymore I trade for them and almost nobody buys theme decks.

Most people don't buy theme decks because they're willing to buy all of the singles they need. Theme decks are a cheap way to provide an at least viable deck. Plus the Garchomp one that @ShuffleMcDeck mentioned is pretty snazzy.
May I emphasize that the Garchomp deck is to date the most competitive in existence and is worth the small price you pay for it. Seriously, its incredible for players who haven't yet built a solid base of staples. However, if you are bent on not spending money on specific single cards, allow me to share the backbone of every single deck: the Big Three. What is the big three you ask? Its simple. The discard draw, shuffle draw, and switch supporters. Specifically Professor Oak/Juniper/Sycamore for discard draw, N/Cynthia for shuffle draw, and Lysandre/Guzma for switch supporters. You mentioned that you only trade for your cards, so if you are, I would focus on these cards first and foremost. The Big Three is actually quite honestly the only reason rogue decks that lacked inherit consistency were able to work.

May I emphasize that the Garchomp deck is to date the most competitive in existence and is worth the small price you pay for it. Seriously, its incredible for players who haven't yet built a solid base of staples. However, if you are bent on not spending money on specific single cards, allow me to share the backbone of every single deck: the Big Three. What is the big three you ask? Its simple. The discard draw, shuffle draw, and switch supporters. Specifically Professor Oak/Juniper/Sycamore for discard draw, N/Cynthia for shuffle draw, and Lysandre/Guzma for switch supporters. You mentioned that you only trade for your cards, so if you are, I would focus on these cards first and foremost. The Big Three is actually quite honestly the only reason rogue decks that lacked inherit consistency were able to work.
thanks.

Back