Fifa World Cup - South Africa 2010 - Spain Are The Champions!

RE: Fifa World Cup - South Africa 2010

http://eyecandy.abzolute.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Cristiano-Ronaldo-Emporio-Armani-Underwear-3.jpg

THAT MAN^^ is the single reason why I'm even watching this event <'3

I can't believe France. Playing horrible. Who would have thought Uruguay would be in first and playing the way they are?

Argentina destroyed S. Korea in the second half. They are playing great ball.

Yeah Argentina is one of the favourites and for France i just cant believe that .

Wow, first spain, now france xD. England tommorow, Im predicting a win, we need one otherwise we are kicked out! :(

My predictions for US is they will do good against Slovenia (Slovakia? Serbia? I can't remember >_>) and crush Algeria like bugs.

any thoughts on chile v.s switzerland? i want chile to win but im not sure if they will win

kashmaster said:
Wow, first spain, now france xD. England tommorow, Im predicting a win, we need one otherwise we are kicked out! :(
Not neccasirly...
If you guys tie, we tie/lose, then you win and U.S.A. loses/tie you'll make it :)

I think the US will handle Slovenia. The win will give the US a leg up when they finish up group play against Algeria.

France are in big trouble now. At least Spain still look pretty likely to get through their group, and if results go their way they could still even end up first in the group. France, on the other hand, WILL be knocked out if Mexico vs. Uruguay is a draw. Even if it isn't, France will require a high-scoring win against South Africa to make up for the goal difference.

Argentina are really hitting top form now after a rather unconvincing qualifying campaign. At least they are picking their game up at the right time lol (unlike Spain who won ALL of their qualifying matches and then lost to Switzerland in their first match on the big stage...)

As for USA, I think Slovenia could give them quite a hard time. USA are rather inconsistent IMO (during the friendlies, for example, they lost 3-1 to Honduras) , and were extremely lucky to get the goal that earned them a draw with England (I honestly think I could have saved that). I wouldn't be at all surprised if Slovenia went through to the next round instead of USA.

EDIT: I was right about USA, lol. Slovenia leading 2-0 at half time. If Slovenia hold out for the win, I definitely wouldn't consider it an upset against an overrated side like USA.

EDIT 2: 2-2 draw. Credit to the USA for coming back, I suppose. They HAVE to win against Algeria now, and if England bet Algeria as expected, it will be especially hard for them since they will be playing under huge pressure while Algeria will be playing under close to no pressure since they would be already knocked out.

Incredible.. We come back and then get robbed from our 3rd goal. There was no foul. Everyone else was holding/pulling/hitting.

Rush said:
Incredible.. We come back and then get robbed from our 3rd goal. There was no foul. Everyone else was holding/pulling/hitting.

Yeah, I really don't know what the referee saw there.

How could anyone have known that thousands upon thousands of people would all of a sudden know Koman Caulibali's name tonight? And not in a good way.

Really, Edu was nowhere near the Slovenia's and kicked it in, a foul is really just moronic. If we miss making the cut by one or two points, we've been cheated out of the cup.

I'm not too surprised at what happened go France last night. They have been unconvincing under Raymond Domenech and they are only able to play at the World Cup because of a hand. ;)

I'm not sure how, but Algeria was able to shutdown England, which gives U.S a better chance.

All U.S needs to do is beat/tie Algeria and have England tie/lose to Slovenia. U.S has a great goal differential, which would put them into the next round if England and the US have the same record.

The US has a great chance at advancing to the next round especially with the big comeback today, but did anyone think that the US should've won today? I mean the disallowed goal had absolutely nothing wrong with it. At the end of the game the US coach was saying how all the coaches were wondering what the call was on the disallowed goal. I personally say the US earned that victory and it was stripped of them.

Back