• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Field Control (Absol Prime / Mew Prime / Aerodactyl MD)

Godzillian

Excellence does not come without effort.
-26 Pokemon / 2 Fossils-
4x Absol Prime
3x Mew Prime
1x Gliscor LV.X
1x Gengar LV.X
2-2 Aerodactyl MD (Old Amber)
2-1-2 Ampharos Prime
3x Unown Q
3x Unown Retire
3x Uxie
1x Azelf

-22 Trainers/Supporters-
3x Miasma Valley
3x Bebe's Search
3x Pokemon Collectors
3x Pokemon Communication
1x Luxury Ball
3x Energy Exchangers
3x Professor Oak's Visit
3x Professor Oak's New Theory

-10 Energies-
4x Special Dark
4x Rainbow Energy
2x Psychic Energy

Strategy:
1) Start off with Absol Prime and start charging it up with Energy
2) Lay down a Miasma Valley
3) Bench Old Amber, Evolve to Aerodactyl next turn
4) Bench Mareep, eventually Evolve to Ampharos Prime
5) Get some Lost Zone bait, preferably Gliscor LV.X and Gengar LV.X (Pokemon Communication is for these 2) and Bloody Claw away either of the 2 above, or any other Lost Zone bait like Unown Q and Unown Retire
6) Bench Mew, start charging it up with for either Gliscor LV.X's Night Slash or Gengar LV.X's Compound Pain
7) Attach Unown Q to Absol Prime, retreat for Mew Prime which can now either Night Slash or Compound Pain
8a) Night Slash and retreat for Absol Prime, to take advantage of Disaster Eye
8b) Compound Pain for a finisher / heavy spread

So basically, I want Absol Prime active, Aerodactyl MD and Ampharos Prime benched, and Miasma Valley active. Absol Prime puts 2 dmg counters on opponent's basics when he plays them from his hand, Aerodactyl MD puts 2 dmg counters on opponent's pokemon when they use a PkPwr, Ampharos Prime puts 1 dmg counter on opponent's pokemon whenever he attaches an Energy to them, and Miasma Valley puts 2 dmg counters on non-Psychic/non-Grass-type Pokemon. I can scare their Pixies away (I can put 4 dmg counters on them) or at least make them think twice.

Some problems I see with this deck:
Difficult to set up =\ Anything with Absol Prime is difficult to set up. It can get OHKO'd or Taken Out. Or I might not even have any Pokemon to Lost Zone with Bloody Claw.
Old Amber is unsearchable, unless by Chatot G which would take up a turn.
Vilegar destroys this deck, too many trainers.
Too many different energy types. Rainbow Energy takes care of that, but if I equip to either of Absol Prime or Mew Prime, it knocks down their HP from a miserable 80 HP / 60 HP to an even more miserable 70 HP / 50 HP.
Too many Pokemon - they'll clutter my hand. I can at least Bloody Claw though, but yeah. It's still an issue.

Some other strategies I thought with Field Control:
Don't start off with Absol Prime, instead, do:
2x Absol Prime
4x Mew Prime
Attach Unown Q to Absol Prime for free retreat, use Mew Prime's Read and Place a Gliscor X from the deck to Lost Zone. Then start doing Night Slash for 60 and retreating for Absol Prime to scare away weak basics.

This deck needs tons of help. :(

Back