• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Feedback on my Regi Deck

Alexander Forcione

Aspiring Trainer
I really want to make a regi deck using the new regi cards in crimson invasion.
It's partially for fun and partially for competitive (local tournaments not big events).
Aside from the leles, i want this to be as budget friendly as possible.
I don't have all the cards yet so i haven't been able to try it online yet

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Oranguru PR-SM SM13
* 2 Regigigas CIN 84
* 2 Type: Null CIN 89
* 2 Silvally-GX CIN 90
* 2 Regirock CIN 53
* 2 Registeel CIN 68
* 1 Registeel PR-SM SM75
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 2 Regice CIN 28

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Psychic Memory CIN 98
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Po Town BUS 121
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Gladion CIN 95

##Energy - 13

* 8 Metal Energy EVO 98
* 2 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 3 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The strategy:

The idea is to brigette first turn and and try to get registeel in the active to attack. silvally is for the energy acceleration and free retreat for my basics.
If against a fairy deck, i use steel and rock. for psychic decks i use steel to accelerate energy while building sivally, psychic memory is to one-shot espeon. for other decks i want steel out in active, a rock for extra damage, silvally as back-up/emergency attacker, while i build up regigigas. counter energy is for in case i need to attack with rock or ice.

My Suggestions:
-1 Oranguru You don't have enough room for this, unfortunately
-1 Bridgette You only need 1, trust
-1 Psychic Memory Same reason
-2 Metal Energy

+3 Water Energy
+2 Fighting Energy

Also, try to find a better attacker than Regigigas, it's actually terrible.

oranguru is for when i dont need all the regis out so i still have draw support, i dont want to put it but i need something to help me draw.
yes i only need 1 brigette but too many times it keeps getting prized, same for the memory, and in case i ended having to discard one, i still have another.
i want to use as little different energy as possible so i dont get stuck with registeel and end up having only water and fighting energy in my hand
i think regigigas is a great card. begin accelerating energy with steel and silvally, maybe get a hit with max elixir and use double colorless.

I don't think silvally is to useful just go straight regi box.

+3 Water Energy
+2 Fighting Energy

Also, try to find a better attacker than Regigigas, it's actually terrible.

Regice and Regirock are pretty awful attackers, regirock especially. Running energy just for them is kinda silly, especially if you won't make room for letters to actually get that energy in play quickly.

If you're not using Regigigas, then running rock and ice at all is kind of a waste, and you should just switch to a metal-box silvally type deck with registeel.

As far as the changes I would make to a deck that IS using Gigas: I'd cut gladion. There are very few cards in the deck you actually need to worry about prizing, and the low chance of actually prizing them plus the fact that prizing them isn't all that awful means gladion isn't really worth its slot.

I don't think silvally is to useful just go straight regi box.
But then my opponent just needs to guzma and I'm stuck. I can't get a guzma every turn and I can't just put float stones on every thing especially when they'll most likely get field blowered

Last edited:
Regice and Regirock are pretty awful attackers, regirock especially. Running energy just for them is kinda silly, especially if you won't make room for letters to actually get that energy in play quickly.

If you're not using Regigigas, then running rock and ice at all is kind of a waste, and you should just switch to a metal-box silvally type deck with registeel.

As far as the changes I would make to a deck that IS using Gigas: I'd cut gladion. There are very few cards in the deck you actually need to worry about prizing, and the low chance of actually prizing them plus the fact that prizing them isn't all that awful means gladion isn't really worth its slot.
Good point. I was thinking professors letter, so I can get energy and maybe discard some of I dont have in my discard

Back