Pokemon Favourite Pokémon Music

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
I've been playing Pokemon for a very long time (obviously), and I think the music of
games are very nice, some energetic, and none seem to be bad. Some of the music in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky sometimes made my cry, like Through the Sea of Time when I felt sorry for Grovyle, sacrificing itself into the paralyzed planet.

Those songs had a nice tune to them. Actually, I love ALL Pokemon music!

So, what is your favourite music in Pokemon Video Games? Or even Anime? Why do you like it?

RE: Favourite Pokemon Music

I LOVE the music that's during the last Lysandre battle :D
I generally like all the music from the XY-games, but the Pokemon Link/Trozei battle music & the Pokemon Conquest music ain't to bad either :)

I'm not really sure why I like the music, and there's a lot of different between the games' music, so I just like it, because it makes me happy :)

This is a VEEEERY tough one. Almost every main game that I've played has some musics that in my opinion are just great.
But if I had to pick one and since it's the one that comes right to my mind then it's the music from the National Park in Johto (HG/SS). This piece is great because of the Park and the scenery but even if we just hear the music, it's still is amazing. No doubt that it carries a lot of nostalgia with it and that is another reason why it makes me think of past quiet days and times.
Despite being my 2nd favorite, I have to mention the music that plays in Verdanturf Town in Hoenn. The reasons for liking it are the same as for the first one but despite being in Hoenn, my favorite region, it still stands in second because I just love parks and the romantic feeling I get from them.

Please make sure you explain why you like the music. Don't just say "I like this or that". Thank you.

Chaos Jackal said:
Please make sure you explain why you like the music. Don't just say "I like this or that". Thank you.

Are you talking to me?

It's quite hard for me to choose what my favorite is. With a few exceptions, I basically like all of it. Usually the ones I like most are remixed/re-done versions of older music, or have sick arrangements. I lost count how many times I got chills from the gym leader and e4 member themes in X.

Edit: Also the 8-bit songs from the older games I adore. I love 8-bit songs, and really couldn't ply my copy of HG until I got the GBSounds. For some unknown reason it didn't feel right not having the same tunes pumping through my earbuds that were on Crystal.

When I was a kid, my all time FAVORITE in-game music was the original Mount Moon Square song. I used to go there just to listen to it. I found it so relaxing and playful.

TrainerSivan said:
When I was a kid, my all time FAVORITE in-game music was the original Mount Moon Square song. I used to go there just to listen to it. I found it so relaxing and playful.

This. THIS! A million times this. One of the main reasons why I legitly cried for a few days after my crystal version stopped reading. Sad I can't find that song uploaded anywhere to listen to. Used to go to MM Square in my game just to listen to that song.

I was disappointed when they changed it in HG/SS! I am glad that you can get the item to play the retro songs though and that the new version plays during the Clefairy dance on Monday nights but its not the same. Mt. Moon Square music was the best!

Pokemon has very tame and safe soundtracks in general (especially compared to games with a well known, incredible OST) in my opinion. There is iconic stuff like Route 1 from Kanto but everything else sounds pretty stock to me. I don't think there is a single track in X/Y I like besides the remix of the Kanto battle theme.

That being said though I love the Champion/Red Theme from Gold/Silver and the Credits Track from Black/White. They just get me pumped and wanting to play more of the game.

Pallet Town, New Bark Town and Littleroot all have an incredible nostalgic feel to me. Since I never actually played the Sinnoh games until the time B/W came around the first three generations were all I had and I'd play them over and over again. I fell in love with HG/SS once I heard the remixed New Bark Town and I'm sure I'll fall in love with the Hoenn remakes if I hear a remix of Littleroot.

The Red HGSS battle, the Champion FRLG battle, and the Team Plasma/Flare grunt themes are my favorites. I enjoy energized mechanical beats that pump life into battles rather than peaceful stuff. I also wish Pokémon would implement more bass drops and crazy ideas into its themes, just to be bold and boisterous. The RSE Elite Four and Champion music when amplified sounds great too, nice quality trumpet-blares.

I don't really remember many of the tracks from XY since I completed the game December save the Flare grunt theme. What other tech themes are in these games?

Soko ni Sora ga Aru Kara, in English "Because the Sky is There". It's got a nice tune, and it's always a great song to listen to. I remember listening to it for the first time, and falling in love with it off the bat. The lyrics are nice, too. I tend to like the Japanese anime songs a lot x3

POKEMON CONQUEST!!!! Electric battle theme. Its the most energetic song I've ever heard. It's one of my favourite pokemon games (With Ruby and this Y generation), and in general all songs are awesome. But that was "the song". I can't wait for Pokemon conquest 2!!!

But if we don't talk about Alternativa games of pokemon, you know, Pinball, ranger or whatever) I just love the gym leader battle theme from pokemon X/Y: I think its so dynamic and make battle intensify.
From the original songs, we can't forget champion battle theme (Screw you, Gary Oak), you know: When it starts you know its gonna be hard at first time.
;D

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/LMZl3KDykq4[/video]

I actually really like a lot of the music from the original couple dubbed seasons. They were cheesy as hell, but that was part of the fun. And, of course, they get a bunch of nostalgia points now, too.

The current opening and ending themes to the Japanese XY series are also very good; I especially like the closing song since it had a nice sing-songy quality to it with the changing syllables in the lyrics.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/Qmaww4YpZsc[/video]

Blue's theme from the original Red as well as the Black/White 2 version of it takes the cake for me. I've never been a huge fan of Pokémon music in general, since I tend to have very specific tastes and I never found music to be one of the Pokémon series's strong points, but Blue's theme definitely has that epic feel that a final boss/champion should have. Surprisingly, I never liked the FR/LG version of it, even though I know most people tend to view that as the best of the three versions.

Second place would probably have to go the Plasma battle theme from BW2. It's surprisingly intense for a song that plays numerous times throughout the game.

I totally LOVE the original (RBY) Gym Leader/E4 battle music! The build up is amazing, and when I heard the music for the first time I got really pumped for the battle. Yes, even to this day I get excited simply listening to it!

A good runner up is Lysandre's final battle music, I really dig the ''distortion'' part in the opening!

Team Flare's standard grunt theme, because F to the L to the A to the R to the E. Who's got the flair? Team Flare!

I also liked Mt Pyre's inside and outside theme from R/S/E, since it sounds fitting for a spooky place.

I love the Pokémon 2.B.A. Master CD, I recently rediscovered it xD
Some movie OST are also very nice, like Oracion and some tracks from the Lucario movie. Some Japanese opening themes like the new XY one (also the ED!) and some older ones like 'Ok!' 'Saiko Everyday' and 'Be An Arrow' are also very nice. I think I like the Japanese openings better :p
As for the games, Sinnoh Champion battle theme! So epic ;.;

Augustine Sycamore's theme.
The 2BA Master CD is pretty rad though...elementary school nostalgia.

I always liked Bianca's theme in B/W and every track from Battle Revolution, especially the Gateway Colosseum song (if anyone remembers that.)
Not to mention Lance/Red's battle theme from HG/SS. I used to fight them for the sole reason of hearing it.

Back