XY Favourite Areas or Locations in the Games

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
Here you can talk about some of you favourite areas or locations in the video games and why you love them. Is it the music, the nostalgia factor, the people there, the Pokémon found there, or is it another reason entirely?

One of my personal favourite places is Pyrite Town from Pokémon Colosseum (and XD: Gale of Darkness). The shifty, shady music sets the scene for what is probably the town with the highest crime rate in the Pokémon Universe (not counting the underground metropolises owned by the evil teams). Colourful characters liven up the worn-down streets, where everything in sight aches in need of repair. Newcomers are greeted with suspicion, as an army of trainers with Shadow Pokémon are waiting for just the right moment to come in and challenge you to a battle. The aging, decrepit colosseum is manipulated by criminals, whose influence is far too great for Sherles, the chief police officer of the lonely desert town, and Johnson, his hopeless assistant, to handle on their own, leading to vast numbers of exploited Shadow Pokémon being freely distributed as a prize for winning the knock-out tournament at the colosseum. However, a small group of children are attempting to make Pyrite an honest town for the first time, with the help of Duking, the colosseum owner, and Silva, Duking's right-hand man. They need a spark to start their action, however, and that's where you, the player, comes in.

The atmosphere of Pyrite Town is something I'll never forget, just like the rest of Pokémon Colosseum, and it's one of the things that makes me want to go back to that game time and time again.

(Remember to flesh out your posts, everyone :))

My favorite city would have to be Ecruteak City from Johto! Everything about it screams legends and history. Battling each Kimono Girl with their Eeveelutions to receive the HM Surf is memorable to every person who ever played GS & HGSS. Making your way through the gym with no floor... battling ghost types no-less! (Back in GS, for me it was always one of the toughest gyms. Because if you weren't prepared for it... the Gengars and Haunters put up a challenge.) Exploring the Burnt Tower, to find three legendary beasts waiting at the bottom, ready to pounce as soon as you got to close. And hearing the legends of Ho-Oh, climbing the Bell Tower. I love everything about Ecruteak City which is why I'd have to say that it's my favorite Pokémon location of all time!

And in case you guys are having a hard time remembering what Ecruteak City was like.... here's a short walkthrough.
Credit to however made the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EXDYvAi6T4

As a Grass-type trainer, the forests always have a special place, because of the air of mystery. Viridian Forest had an amazing revamp in HG and lots of nostalgia with it, Ilex is my favorite one to relax because it's the one with the least people on it, Eterna really seems to be stopped in time and Pinwheel is always changing along with the seasons and I loved the introduction of empty logs. Unfortunately, Petalburg Woods doesn't have that much to stand out, not even the music.
On a very important note, I don't like gardens, except for the National Park, because of the awesomeness of the piano music and because in real life I just love those kinds of romantic parks.

If I want to relax and not in forests, aside from the National Park, there's also Verdanturf (in Emerald)...The quiet music, the grass, the town's size and coziness...all that's ruining it it's the Contest hall! -_-

Aside from that...it depends of my mood...if I'm feeling veeery nostalgic and with a sense of departure, there's nothing better than Pallet, Viridian City and Vermilion in HG, the first two because of the quietness and the memories of starting journeys and the last because of traveling to another regions/games.

To remember of Japan and the games' country of origin (more so after Isshu and Kalos :rolleyes: ), Ecruteak is the answer (and Violet Town to a lesser extent) mostly because of the music, towers and the trees that surround these. Oh yeah, the lanterns are also awesome.

Edit: N's Castle also deserves to be mentioned because it's simply amazing: the decrepit state, the history that took place there, the faked royalty of it...a place where Ideals were shattered and a glimpse of Truth was showned. The music also fits very well the mood.

A place that is cemented in my mind is Lilycove city from Gen 3.

The reason being that it reminds me of times when my dad used to take me to hi's job a he worked in a different town with a similar thing to lilycove, a town with a shopping center overlooking the ocean, that was situated right outside of a large forestall area.
Not to mention that that's basically where i spent a good chunk of my playtime in Emerald and ORAS doing the contests, and for that reason it's music is forever burned into my brain.

Back