Favorite Band and Song Thread!

TCGDeoxys

I'm made of DNA, just like you are!
Here we can express our feelings of songs and bands.

My favorite song is "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard
My favorite band is AC/DC

My favorite band is Mischief Brew, a lovely anarchist folk-punk act from Philadelphia. From the hard-left political material to the personal stuff to the songs that are just goofy, their lyrics have something for pretty much everyone, and their sound incorporates influences from all sorts of genres, from hardcore punk to swing to klezmer music and plenty of others in between. You can stream or download their discography here. My personal favorite among their albums is Smash the Windows, but they're all fantastic.
As for my favorite song... This one's a lot tougher. Probably "Roll Me Through the Gates of Hell" (Mischief Brew) at the moment, but it's got some strong competition, both from other Mischief Brew songs and from a couple of songs by the Dead Kennedys and Streetlight Manifesto.

Ohhh boy.... Can't pick one...

"Wake Up" or "The Suburbs" by Arcade Fire
"American Pie" by Don Mclean
"In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" by Neutral Milk Hotel

Favorite musicians would have to be Arcade Fire, or David Bowie.

As an extra for you guys. My favorite albums are in order:
1."In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" by Neutral Milk Hotel
2."The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust, and the Spiders from Mars" by David Bowie
3."Modern Vampires of the City" by Vampire Weekend

Ohhh boy.... Can't pick one...
For songs, maybe...

"Problem" and "One Last Time" by Ariana Grande
"I Wanna Dance With Somebody" By Whitney Houston
Pretty much every Taylor Swift song

I'm not huge on bands, but my favourite artist is Taylor Swift.

...And Justice for All is a classic; favorite song off of there has got to be To Live Is To Die, mainly for the intro.

Lateralus is another good album, but it seems that few others share my tastes. Their loss.

...And Justice for All is a classic; favorite song off of there has got to be To Live Is To Die, mainly for the intro.

Lateralus is another good album, but it seems that few others share my tastes. Their loss.
Justice is pretty underrated, to be sure. Somewhere between a third and half of my favorite Metallica songs come off that album. My personal favorite (and one of my top ten favorite songs of all time, actually) is "Blackened", but "To Live Is To Die" is definitely extremely solid as well. If James hadn't gone along with Lars' demands to minimize Jason's bass tracks (Lars claimed the bass was interfering with the drum sound he wanted, but it was undoubtedly just more hazing for the new kid), the album probably would have reached about the same level of quality as Master of Puppets, if the live recordings I've listened to from the Damaged Justice tour are any indicator.

It's been too long since I listened to Tool for me to even remember whether I liked Lateralus or not. I should rectify that.

Justice is pretty underrated, to be sure. Somewhere between a third and half of my favorite Metallica songs come off that album. My personal favorite (and one of my top ten favorite songs of all time, actually) is "Blackened", but "To Live Is To Die" is definitely extremely solid as well. If James hadn't gone along with Lars' demands to minimize Jason's bass tracks (Lars claimed the bass was interfering with the drum sound he wanted, but it was undoubtedly just more hazing for the new kid), the album probably would have reached about the same level of quality as Master of Puppets, if the live recordings I've listened to from the Damaged Justice tour are any indicator.

It's been too long since I listened to Tool for me to even remember whether I liked Lateralus or not. I should rectify that.

I used to (and still to) listen to Tool and Filter, I love rock/punk bands of the 90's they brought so much life back in the day. Don't get me wrong I love a lot of newer rock backs, but there was something with bands like Deaftones, Limp Bizkit, The Offspring that just made things so much better. I'd have to say one of my favorite bands would most definitely have to be Live. They were just such an amazing band back in the day. If I had to go harder rock I'd pick Evans Blue (still kind of soft) then Arch Enemy.

Metallica, Linkin Park, Relient K, pre-Oxygen Thousand Foot Krutch, pre-Made Hawk Nelson, Capital Kings, Andenix, pre-Rise Skillet, Green Day, Queen, Led Zeppelin, and Matthew Parker (the EDM artist, for clarification. There's a bazillion Matthew Parkers in music, so..)

Last edited:
right now nerding out on jonathan coulton
finding it hard to get re: your brains out of my head

When it comes to music, my favorite is defined by my mood. I am an equal opportunity listener with two caveats:
1) I like old country (eg. Johnny Cash), but not newer pop rock country
2) I like old school rap (eg. Run DMC, Beastie Boys), but not newer rap that is musically flat

Favorite band in general is Rush

I could fill a 1TB hard drive with favorite songs (I have). If I had to pick just one... probably the full version of Won't Get Fooled Again, by The Who.

When it comes to music, my favorite is defined by my mood. I am an equal opportunity listener with two caveats:
1) I like old country (eg. Johnny Cash), but not newer pop rock country
2) I like old school rap (eg. Run DMC, Beastie Boys), but not newer rap that is musically flat

Favorite band in general is Rush

I could fill a 1TB hard drive with favorite songs (I have). If I had to pick just one... probably the full version of Won't Get Fooled Again, by The Who.

oh wow... those ones are all in my playlist :D

Favorite band... Rise Against or The Exies.

As for favorite song, Ready to Fall by Rise Against is freaking phenomenal by my standards.

EDIT: HELP IS ON THE WAY IS A GREAT SONG BY RISE AGAINST TOO LISTEN TO THAT ONE ASAP

Back