• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fast Raid (M Latios EX / Dragonite)

porkchop

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon:
  • 3 M Latios EX - ROS
  • 3 Latios EX - ROS
  • 3 Dragonite - ROS 51
  • 2 Dragonair - ROS
  • 3 Dratini - ROS
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 2 Wally
  • 2 AZ
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 2 Super Scoop Up
  • 2 Tool Retriever
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 2 Latios Spirit Link
Energy:
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 3 Water Energy
Strategy:

I think this deck should go first. Start with a Latios EX active and Dratini on the bench if possible. First turn, attach a Psychic Energy or a Double Dragon Energy to Latios EX and use Fast Raid, doing 40 damage. Next turn, put a Latios Spirit Link on Latios EX, then evolve it into M Latios EX, and depending on what you attached the last turn, attach a basic energy or a Double Dragon Energy to it, then use Sonic Ace, discarding a Double Dragon Energy, all the while evolving up your Dratini, ready for the Dragonite to come into play and heal M Latios EX. Put Latios EX onto the bench whenever possible, and take 1-2 turns to set up your M Latios EX again and keep using Sonic Ace, picking and choosing your targets, doing 120 damage to it each turn, 2 shotting EXs and Mega Evolution Pokémon. Keep a ready supply of Dragonites in your hand, ready to heal M Latios EX just in case something whacky happens. Use your Energy Retrievals to scoop back energies from your discard pile, and use Tool Retriever to get rid of Jamming Nets and Head Ringers that are placed onto your M Latios EX. Use the AZs and Super Scoop Ups to scoop your Dragonites back into your hand, ready for the next cycle of healing for M Latios EX. I can see this deck having problems with fairy-type decks, but there isn't really much you can do about it. Hope for the best and keep cycling your Dragonites in that situation. Overall, I think this deck has potential in competitive play.

One major problem:

When discard 2 energy, it means 2 energy cards. This means that, if you use double dragon energy, you will be discarding all of your energy, and even without double dragon, you cannot possibly attack every turn, unless you add mega turbo, and if you do (you really should), you need to run 4. Also, 3 rare candy is too much.

One major problem:

When discard 2 energy, it means 2 energy cards. This means that, if you use double dragon energy, you will be discarding all of your energy, and even without double dragon, you cannot possibly attack every turn, unless you add mega turbo, and if you do (you really should), you need to run 4. Also, 3 rare candy is too much.

Actually if you discard the double dragon, that counts as "two energy". It's still true though that unless you consecutively draw double dragons or mega turbos you won't be able to attack every turn. Which hasn't proved hard for me while testing versions of this deck.

Also which Dragonite are you using? AT or normal?

Actually if you discard the double dragon, that counts as "two energy". It's still true though that unless you consecutively draw double dragons or mega turbos you won't be able to attack every turn. Which hasn't proved hard for me while testing versions of this deck.

Also which Dragonite are you using? AT or normal?
I am using the non-Ancient Trait Dragonite, the one with the Max Wind Ability. Also, thanks for the advise!

Back