Farigiraf, Picnics, and More Revealed from Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
In a fourteen-minute trailer, Pokemon recapped a handful of previously seen information about the upcoming Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet video games, then revealed a handful of new information about the games, which release on 18 November 2022.

Farigiraf is a regional evolution for Girafarig!

pokemon-farigiraf-200x200.webp

Pokemon_SV_Screenshot_2-200x113.jpg

Pokemon_SV_Screenshot_1-200x113.jpg

Meet Farigiraf!
As a result of its Evolution, the head of its main body and the head from its tail have become one. Both of Farigiraf’s brains are connected through thick nerves, increasing its psychic energy, and it can emit psychic waves from the antennae on its head. Farigiraf is always mindful of its surroundings, and while it can detect danger in an instant, there are times when its body...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Pokemon has needed a full-fledged food making mechanic for years and I am SO happy it's sandwiches lmfao

Anyone know a list of the Pokemons who havent received New Evolutions (In another game), Megas, Dynamaxes or Regional forms?

Gen 2 is one of the smallet Pokemon roster if Im not wrong, with only 100 and already a portion of that are already Evos and Prevolutions of Gen 1, feel like its receiving too much lately so I feel like is the closest region to have all their native Pokemons having some kind of alternative form

Would like to see which Pokemons are left, the ones I can remember are the 3 dogs, Lugia, Oh-Oh and Unown, Sunflora, Skiploom, Celebi, Noctowl, Furret, Ledyan, Meganium and Feraligator

Like most of these new regional forms and evolutions, Girafarig's misses the point of.. well, it misses the point of Girafarig.

the evolution of girafarig and the new mts system are good, I don't understand why the minigame of cooking mama

Like most of these new regional forms and evolutions, Girafarig's misses the point of.. well, it misses the point of Girafarig.
Does this one "miss the point" though? It keeps the silly palindrome in the name; sure, the heads aren't on opposite sides, but it's an "evolution," the ideas that the heads are now working together is neat. I don't think there was any real "point" to the original Girafarig.

Plus hoodie giraffe

That just looks like a Mega Girafarig design that they trashed. On par with Mega Sharpedo.
Also those screens make this game look like a Gamecube game.

I disagree. They took the back half of its body and shoved it on top of the front, then did the same exact thing to its name. It looks like a lazy inversion of the palindrome but it's a little more clever than that. I was expecting its name to fit the giraf part inside the name since the front part is now inside the back part, kinda like how Skarmory's name is the word armor inside the word sky. But Farigiraf is a solid name. My only gripe is the hard G sound in the middle; since it's related to Girafarig, you might think it's not.

Cud Chew has the potential to make Farigiraf a fun 'mon in competitive VGC. I also love the design, this was a great reveal today!

Anyone know a list of the Pokemons who havent received New Evolutions (In another game), Megas, Dynamaxes or Regional forms?

Gen 2 is one of the smallet Pokemon roster if Im not wrong, with only 100 and already a portion of that are already Evos and Prevolutions of Gen 1, feel like its receiving too much lately so I feel like is the closest region to have all their native Pokemons having some kind of alternative form

Would like to see which Pokemons are left, the ones I can remember are the 3 dogs, Lugia, Oh-Oh and Unown, Sunflora, Skiploom, Celebi, Noctowl, Furret, Ledyan, Meganium and Feraligator
Granbull, Smeargle, Miltank, Furret, Skarmory, Dunsparce, Delibird off the top of my head. I love that gen though so I welcome all of it. And if it seems like a lot well, it is the smallest gen I believe, and rightly so since GSC was all about "completing" what they set out to do with GRBY.
(some of the above are of course rumored to evolve in this game though not confirmed)

Does this one "miss the point" though? It keeps the silly palindrome in the name; sure, the heads aren't on opposite sides, but it's an "evolution," the ideas that the heads are now working together is neat. I don't think there was any real "point" to the original Girafarig.

Plus hoodie giraffe

I disagree. They took the back half of its body and shoved it on top of the front, then did the same exact thing to its name. It looks like a lazy inversion of the palindrome but it's a little more clever than that. I was expecting its name to fit the giraf part inside the name since the front part is now inside the back part, kinda like how Skarmory's name is the word armor inside the word sky. But Farigiraf is a solid name. My only gripe is the hard G sound in the middle; since it's related to Girafarig, you might think it's not.

Girafarig's name came after the design. The Pokémon was more than just a pun but this "evolution" proposes to reduce it to one ..this is exactly my point.

Back