Fall 2016 'Battle Heart' Tins!

To be fair though, I don't think we've had a Pikachu tin in a while (if ever?).
If anything, I would have expected to see a Gardevoir tin.
The reason a Pikachu hasn't been released in a while is because they have been trying to fit in new concepts into the game for example break evolution and Pikachu isn't capable of ti so it was temporarily cast aside.Before Break evolution was officially announced though they did release the Pikachu and Hoopa separate boxes which came with 4 other full arts which managed to keep most fans at bay. And since later that same year Pokemon decides to release two more Pikachu EX's and they aren't even apart of the same expansion. Releasing 3 Pikachus in 3 different expansion in 1 year is something that isn't normal for pokemon so If anything it shouldn't be surprising what so ever. Also Gardevoir -EX and Mega Gardevoir -EX were already both released earlier on so giving them a tin isn't necessary and even if its the champions pokemon they aren't going to make an exception for the way they release tins now are they.

It was announced when Mega evolution was first released that Pikachu wouldn't get one since it can still evolve or else it would lose the ability to mega evolve once it evolves. To make up for Pikachu being unable to evolve the release Ash-Greninja, which has lead to synchro evolution being a rumored possibility in sun and moon.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure M-Pikachu is going to be a thing.

It's attack is going to be:

Ability: Mascot - As often as you would like during your turn, search your deck for a Pokemon named Pikachu or Pikachu-EX and switch it with 1 of your Pokemon in play. (Any cards attached to that Pokemon, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on it are now on the new Pokemon.) Shuffle the first Pokemon into your deck. When you switch the Pokemon, you must yell "Pikachu!"

[C] Pika Pi - Knock out all Pokemon in play (both yours and your opponents) that are not named Pikachu, Pikachu-EX or M Pikachu-EX

Banj8Z3IMAAsN_F.png

It was announced when Mega evolution was first released that Pikachu wouldn't get one since it can still evolve or else it would lose the ability to mega evolve once it evolves. To make up for Pikachu being unable to evolve the release Ash-Greninja, which has lead to synchro evolution being a rumored possibility in sun and moon.

We were joking.

Don't forget the new Raichu card that will be in the Sun & Moon expansion!!

Raichu – Electric – HP120
Stage 1

Ability: Save the Mascot
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may move up to 5 damage counters from one of your Pokemon in play named Pikachu, Pikachu-EX or M Pikachu-EX to Raichu.

éééé Not As Popular: 20 damage. Discard all energies attached to Raichu. You may heal 50 damage from one of your Pokemon in play named Pikachu, Pikachu-EX or M Pikachu-EX.

Weakness: Pikachu
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

200px-Kay_Raichu.png

What about an Alakazam EX Tin???!?

*Shouts in a similar droning tone amongst the entirety of the Pokémon community to that of the thought provoking "Wheres The Lamb Sauuussssscccceee" Gordon Ramsay question.

Don't forget the new Raichu card that will be in the Sun & Moon expansion!!

Raichu – Electric – HP120
Stage 1

Ability: Save the Mascot
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may move up to 5 damage counters from one of your Pokemon in play named Pikachu, Pikachu-EX or M Pikachu-EX to Raichu.

éééé Not As Popular: 20 damage. Discard all energies attached to Raichu. You may heal 50 damage from one of your Pokemon in play named Pikachu, Pikachu-EX or M Pikachu-EX.

Weakness: Pikachu
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

200px-Kay_Raichu.png

The saltiness is real. Hehe. Easy to understand TPCi though. Pikachu products sell more than water in a desert.

Might be interesting, since I didn't see it mentioned at the article: instead of having 3 of each tin in the 9-tin case, it'll have 2 Volcanion, 2 Magearna and 5 Pikachu. They really are pushing the Pikachu tin, or making the other two artificially rare!

Just imagine, they finally give us the Shaymin tin. Everywhere is out of stock, fans wait excitedly. It arrives at your door, you rush to open it, and inside you find.. Next Destinies Shaymin-EX.

Which is probably what's gonna happen if there ever is a Shaymin-EX. If anything, they should put the Roaring Skies one in the tin. Seriously, it's adorable, and incredibly rare.

Just want to confirm... Although this Volcanion EX has new art, it will still have the same moves, stats, and ability as the Volcanion EX available in the Steam Siege boosters, yeah?

Just want to confirm... Although this Volcanion EX has new art, it will still have the same moves, stats, and ability as the Volcanion EX available in the Steam Siege boosters, yeah?
Yep! Same exact cards but with different artwork and promo numbering.

I'm kinda underwhelmed by these tin promos, but I'm glad that at the very least it's going to keep Volcanion's price down. Not that I'm expecting it to be a real top tier deck anytime soon (at least until Blacksmith gets a reprint or something to that effect), but hey it's nice to have.

Back