Fall 2014 Tins: Venusaur-EX, Charizard-EX, Blastoise-EX! [7/4]

Sigh, that's kind of disappointing. Love my Kanto starters but why not do Gen II, IV, or V for the starter EXs.

I'm calling that the next set of tins will be the Hoenn Starters as EXs, since ORAS will be out by then.

Pretty early for reprints. I want a Feraligatr ex so bad. I dont know when they could squeeze in Johto starters because of how bisy the tcg is right now though :/

Water Pokémon Master said:
That Blastoise artwork on the tins reminds me of 90s CGI.
Yeah, like the artworks on Expedition booster packs, I had the same feeling!! Why can't they create some decent 3D artworks for the Kanto starters? (Oh well, Venusaur-EX artwork from XY was so good). I really don't know. And look at this Venusaur card artwork... it's a sad Venusaur, its wife left him alone? Or is it drunk? Man, you don't have to drink. She will return.

I'll probably get Venusaur-EX with some birthday money I have left over. It may not be that good of a competitive card, but heck with it, Ivysaur was my gen. 1 starter.

Videoland said:
Wow, did we really need another Charizard EX card? xD Still buying all 3 thought..

At least the Charizard art is incredibly badass. Right up there with the FLF Combustion Blast one (though I wonder which version this one is?)

But hey, Mega Evolution tins would have been better.

Darthrai said:
Videoland said:
Wow, did we really need another Charizard EX card? xD Still buying all 3 thought..

At least the Charizard art is incredibly badass. Right up there with the FLF Combustion Blast one (though I wonder which version this one is?)

That's a good idea.

There are too many Mega's and they are only putting two in each set; I could totally see them putting some less anticipated ones in tin promos. Say M. Manectric, M. Houndoom, and M. Absol in tins? I would buy all three in an instant!

Water Pokémon Master said:
The Pokemon Co. is making a smart choice. They're taking advantage of the Charizard frenzy, and milking it as much as possible (keep in mind the Mega Charizard box and deck shield tin will also be released right before these tins). The other two probably got their own tins so fans of Venusaur and Blastoise wouldn't complain that only Charizard gets tins

That Charizard Ex card looks very cool. I'm going to get two, one to open and the other one to stock :)

Darthrai said:
Videoland said:

Imo, this tin version looks more badass. I agree, Mega Evo tins would've been sweet. I'm thinking since Gyarados has never had a tin made for it, it'd be cool if a M Gyarados tin was released.

That discussion has been had before, with me usually in it. If OR/AS doesn't introduce any Megas we don't already know about (ie Mega Sceptile for instance) and they only make one of each Mega (ignoring dual types, like Mega Ampharos having only one type made instead of the two types it should have, Electric and Dragon) it would take sixteen sets to get all the Megas out if they only release two at a time.

If that matters to them, to have them all out before the inevitable generation seven, if they don't increase the amount it would take special stuff to get them out, like tins or some special release like Dragon's Vault was. Keep in mind though that unless they break that tradition they have always released new EX's to go with those M. Pokemon (Venusaur, Blastoise, 3 Charizards, Kangaskhan, Heracross and Lucario so far) then they would either have to release the approrpriate EX's in either a set or the tins as well. Depending on what cards will be legal we have a few exceptions to this rule. Mewtwo EX from Next Destinies, Latias and Latios EX from...I forget the set, Garchomp EX from the box promo. These five respective M. Pokemon could be released specially (though with the popularity of Mewtwo and the Lati twins I doubt this is how it would be done) in the tin/box manner.

A Mega Vault set is more likely because EX Pokemon could be slipped into the set just as easily, but I imagine at some point this set would end up becoming very expensive, even without full arts.

That being said, there is also the possiblity it won't matter how they get released by Nintendo's standards and will just release them two at a time even when generation seven comes along.

The one good thing about these being repeat cards with new artwork is I only need it for the promo binder. I can't tell you how difficult it can be when I need a copy for each of the three binders I try to maintain, much like what will happen when the Krookodile EX box comes out. Granted it would have been the same if they had been M. Pokemon instead, but then what about Charizard? It has the X version and the Y version, so wouldn't it need two tins?

Although a Mega Vault would be cool, I don't think they'll make it that easy to obtain the Megas. Jumbos like they will release for the Mega Charizard will probably be as close as we'll get to Megas being released outside of packs, but I hope I'm wrong lol

More Charizards!! These are some great looking tins! I might have to buy multiples of the same ones just for the tin artwork. They sure know how to please Genwunners (sp?).

Though the interesting question would be...which Charizard ex are we getting? Combustion Blast? Stoke? ....Mega Acension?!

Charizard is my favorite Pokémon out of the three but seems to have the worst artwork...ironic. I don't know which one I'll buy. I hope they don't have god awful pull rates like the Kalos Starter Tins.

Edit: Why is the Blastoise Tin artwork that bad? 5ban graphics is one of the best artists, but how in the world was THAT made?

Reggie McGigas said:
Charizard is my favorite Pokémon out of the three but seems to have the worst artwork...ironic.

Thae artwork on the actual card looks pretty cool at least. And yeah hopefully they arent as bad as the Kalos tins because...yikes

Back