Fake Articuno Ex?

Ursus

Aspiring Trainer
I'm assuming that this is the incorrect forum to put this, and I apologize, but I don't know where else it should go.

I recently bought an Articuno ex on ebay (FireRed&LeafGreen), and I am a little suspicious of it. There is a type of very "waxy" film over it. If it is a fake, it is a very good one.

I compared it to the "broken foil" print of a Holo Rotom-F (Rising Rivals), and the Rotom is not like that. Below is a picture:

1YTJRyFWoAg8aKeGKev6MMh2YtWNae262.jpeg

Sorry for bad quality.

The texture of the card is strangely smooth and does not feel like any other full-foil card; specifically the Rotom-F. You can kind of see how light bounces off the surface of the foil. Can anyone else account for a card like this? Does anyone have any broken-foil ex card from the same set and describe it? I'm not sure what to believe but it has raised my suspicion.

It's fine. This holo pattern is actually really cool, and I love the birds for this reason. They're real, and they're rare!

I have all three of the birds, and all three of the Regi exs, and they have this pattern. They're legit.

An easy way to find out if a card is fake iis if you have good eye sight and you look at the edge of the card and there is a black line it is real. If you do not understand what I mean take a common or uncommon you hate and rip it, you will see a black line in the ripped area if it is real.

Trainerhan1 said:
An easy way to find out if a card is fake iis if you have good eye sight and you look at the edge of the card and there is a black line it is real. If you do not understand what I mean take a common or uncommon you hate and rip it, you will see a black line in the ripped area if it is real.
A magnifying glass would help with that, but to be honest it's really hard to see.

By the picture it looks real, but I would have to have it in my hands to truly tell. I would say you could tell my it's weight and how it feels, but this particular card has a different foil to it that only a handful of cards use it.(The Rotom foil is similar, but it's slightly different.) So unless you have one of the other Legendary birds or one of the Regi trio to compared, you can't really tell. If it's any consolation, these are really hard to fake to look real, so more than likely it's real. If you're stilll worried about it, you can always take it to a local card shop and see if they can tell.

The full arts that are from Black and White also feel the same way. I kind of like the feeling actually.

Back