• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Faith (Blaziken/Absol/Glaceon)

Pokemunkulys

Pokebeach Veteran
The strategy of the deck here is basically to replicate the Metagame counter feel of Hope (Ergo Faith). Dialga is countered by Blaziken, Gengar by Absol, and most other decks have enough Pokepowers in them to be considered countered by Glaceon. I may want to consider replacing Absol G LV. X with Absol Prime.

21 Pokemon:
2 - 2 Absol G LV. X SV
2 - 2 Blaziken FB LV. X RR
2 - 2 - 2 Glaceon LV. X MD
1 - 1 Jolteon RR
1 Unown (Dark) TM
1 Unown Q MD
2 Uxie LA
1 Mesprit LA

26 Trainers, Supporters, and Stadiums:
3 Bebe's Search
3 Cyrus' Conspiracy
2 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball
1 Palmer's Contribution
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Pokemon Contest Hall
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Seeker
1 Energy Gain
2 Poketurn
2 SP Radar

14 Energy:
4 Call Energy
2 Fire Energy
1 Lightning Energy
1 Basic Dark Energy
2 Special Dark Energy
4 Water Energy

The goal here is to use whichever Pokemon match the match-up best, sometimes spreading with Glaceon and locking powers, sometimes killing Steelix' and Dialgas with Blaziken, and sometimes killing Gengars with Absol. With this kind of variation, usually rogue decks will have something to fear; Glaceon can help against Donphan, Omastar helps (With circulators) against Gyarados, etc. Helix Fossil is also helpful against Lostgar Seekers.

EDIT: Glaceon's spread is not interrupted by Garchomp C LV. X (Healing breath is locked by Glaceon's Pokebody - it's a Pokepower) and if Glaceon's Pokebody is killed by Dialga, well, again, Blaziken FB LV. X.

EDIT 2, the return of the EDIT: Jolteon helps against Yanmega Prime decks as well.

Pokemunkulys said:
Deck building should be a discussion. What use is posting decks when all I'm planning on doing is either flatly ignoring or blindly following your advice? When I argue with your suggestions, it isn't because I disagree with them, but because the best way to optimize decks is to work together to find the best solutions we can find for the problem we have at hand. This is why the Forum model works so great for this type of thing.

I def would replace the 2-2 Absol Gl line up with 3 Primes. They dish out more damage and require less set up. It's a great counter to Gengar with it's dark weakness and one shots it with a Spec. Dark Energy. If you don't do that another good suggestion is to take out your basic Dark and Fire energy with SP Energies, that way no matter which one you draw you'll be ready to drop it on the Absol G or Blaziken FB (whichever one is helpful for your current match). other than that I actually like the line up pretty good. It's hard to make a deck that counters all the top tier decks and this one actually looks like it may work.

At the same time there is ALOT going on here. And you may find yourself cluttered and have a rough time getting out what you need. Sometimes when it comes to making deck counters, you just need to decide which decks give you the most trouble in your area, pick one or two of them and focus on them. But if this deck works for ya let me know. It's got me curious.

I had a deck with absol and blaziken (called it asken.).

Unlike godzilliab10 i suggest you keep the absol g line since it's sp and you already run the T/S/S for it. But i do suggest that you put in lucario gl and 1/2 special dark energy so you can 1 shot gengar prime/lv X.
The thing you should drop is omastar and circulator, i don't see how they help so much vs gyarados and it's only a thin line so not a big chance of getting it in time aether. To help vs gyarados you could expand your eeveelution line with another eevee and a jolteon (?) so you can hit hard on gyarados.

Take out -8
1-1-1 omastar md
3 circulator
2 pokemon contest hall (i don't think you need it)
1 dark energy (you only need 1 basic)

put in + 8
1 lucario gl (help to hit on weaknesses, to 1 hit)
1 unown dark (so you can get special dark easily when needed)
2 special dark energy (so absol can 1 hit any gengar, while lucario gl is play )
1-1 jolteon ? (don't know from which set you should go with but go with one that hits hard on gyarados when it had 2x weakness (from lucario gl))
1 poke turn (should run at least 2 of this)
1 mesprit la (to power lock when you don't have glaceon out yet)

Those should help your deck a bit. As for the energy for jolteon you can take out 2 call energy OR 1 pokemon collector and 1 water energy, for the 2 lightning energy.

godzillab10 said:
I def would replace the 2-2 Absol Gl line up with 3 Primes. They dish out more damage and require less set up. It's a great counter to Gengar with it's dark weakness and one shots it with a Spec. Dark Energy. If you don't do that another good suggestion is to take out your basic Dark and Fire energy with SP Energies, that way no matter which one you draw you'll be ready to drop it on the Absol G or Blaziken FB (whichever one is helpful for your current match). other than that I actually like the line up pretty good. It's hard to make a deck that counters all the top tier decks and this one actually looks like it may work.
The problem with Absol Prime is if the opposing Gengars get set up again, I will have problems if they drop a Lost World. In addition, I use the basic energies so I can grab them with Cyrus' Conspiracy. I will play one Rainbow Energy though. I will post this then respond to the other post by editing.

I wont quote you, since your post is right there and I don't want to waste space.
All Primes and all LV. X's save a few (Like Machamp LV. X) have x2 weakness, but Lucario GL is a less space-consuming way than Circulators and Omastar to kill Gyarados, so I'll include it. I'm a fan of Unown Dark; In my opinion it is underrated. I play Contest Hall because BTS isn't really that helpful in this deck, but Contest Hall can slow down opponents who play BTS, and has surprising speed in this deck. Now, as you can probably guess, I'm the first person to want to include Jolteon in this deck somehow. However, its purpose is meant to be to kill Gyarados, and 2 of the legal Jolteons' attacks that can OHKO Gyarados' with a Lucario GL out require two Lightning Energy, and the third can only do 50 damage max. One could argue that with an expert belt that still OHKO's the Gyarados, but what if the Gyarados also has an Expert Belt? So, I am going to include a Vaporeon from RR and Mesprit, as well as a few infrastructure improvements.

Changes:
-1 - 1 - 1 Omastar
-3 Pokemon Circulator
+1 Mesprit LA
+1 - 1 Vaporeon RR
+1 Seeker
-1 Basic Dark Energy
+2 Special Dark Energy
+1 Unown Dark

I'll update the OP list in a bit.

EDIT: After reconsidering your post, it seems you were aware of the energy problem with Jolteon. Do you honestly think it is worth it to include 2 lightning energies in a deck where Jolteon is only useful for one match-up, and the only Energy searching power I have is Cyrus' Conspiracy? (This I mean literally, not a pseudo-sarcastic way of saying 'No way! You must be crazy')

^ Well you do run cyrus's conspiracy to search the energy out (as you mentioned), and lightning energy is basic so you can get it.
Jolteon will be a counter for only 1 matchup but can help in others too. Also since you run palmer's contribution you can save a k.o ed jolteon and 2 lightning energy (and something else) and have it back up in a turn or two (so you should be able to 1 hit 2 gyarados(es) minimum). Just having a jolteon ready on the bench will make the gyarados player well aware if the risk of belting and attacking with gyarados. So you can keep using glaceon X or some other as the first attacker vs gyarados
(potentially k.o ing one/ two before you use jolteon ) and when it gets k.o ed (if the opponent has a undamaged maybe belted gyarados out) you just send out jolteon to take the revenge k.o.

.. yes? At least you can try it out and find the best jolteon for the job.

I can see that...I'll replace the Vaporeon with Jolteon. It is much less useful now that I have excluded the Omastar. Also, I have decided to use Jolteon RR, even though its attack does 50 damage. Why? because, with Lucario GL, I only need to use Glaceon LV. X's attack once on it before that is a one hit KO. Or spread with Glaceon twice. Or attach an Expert Belt, or some other simple combination. And since I do in fact play Lucario GL, it is a simple matter of removing a card for a Lightning Energy.

- 0 - 1 Vaporeon RR
+ 0 - 1 Jolteon RR

-1 Energy Gain
+1 Lightning Energy

Will update main list soon.

Also, what do you all think:
Should I include Premier Ball?
Call Energy or Rescue Energy?

I love the addition of the Jolteon. Considering all the LvXs you have 1 Premier Ball couldn't hurt. But if it forces you to take out anything you fear might disrupt the flow of things it's best not to until you can pinpoint what would be best.

Same with the rescue energy. Since Jolteon is your ideal hitter for a Gyarados match-up it would be nice to be able to quickly gain it back, and not be in a situation where Palmer's is your one saving grace.

maybe -1 Water or Call
+1 Rescue

Unfortunately, Rescue Energy isn't searchable, so really I was planning on either 4 Call or 4 Rescue. Since I play Eevee with Call for Family, I may be able to afford dropping the Call Energy, although of course that isn't my planned starter, just a bonus, and with such thin Pokemon lines, Rescue Energy seems like it would be very useful in this deck.

Well, you can try to switch call energy for rescue energy and try if it works better (i don't know). Also which eevee are you playing? call for family (md) or (UD)? Since you run 3 eevee i suggest that you run 2 ud and 1 md since the ud one can get other pokemon while the md one can only get eevee, but all of them if you want.

this deck is so original never something like this, my only change wouldbe dropping 1 seeker for uxie x seeing as u run an unown q

I see what you mean Yuki...Because if I get the MD one I can grab the UD one if I need to. So, the Glaceon ones are MD, and the Jolteon one is UD. For the record, I was planning on all UD.

Unfortunately El Senor, the Unown Q will most likely already be used. Please notice that each of the main attackers have 1 retreat cost. Uxie LV. X is not necessary or viable enough for this deck in my opinion.

Back