• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Fairybox

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Experience: Veteran

Pokemon: 16
  • 2 Xerneas XY
  • 2 Spritzee XY
  • 2 Aromatisse XY
  • 1 Swirlix XY
  • 1 Slurpuff XY
  • 2 Terrakion NVI
  • 1 Sigilyph LTR
  • 1 Reshiram-EX
  • 2 Mewtwo-EX
  • 1 Keldeo-EX
  • 1 Bouffalant DEX

Trainers: 32
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Colress
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Max Potion
  • 2 Super Potion(Low budget... TT.TT)
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Pokémon Catcher
    [-]1 Eviolite (Reshi/Bouff)
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 2 Fairy Garden

Energy: 12
  • 6 Fairy
  • 4 Prism
  • 2 Rainbow

Strategy
Well, my shot at Fairy, given I couldn't get any Xerneas-EX or Yveltal-EX. I do plan on getting one of the Tins, but until then, that's what I have.XD I explain every card separately:

Xerneas: Fairy Energy accelerator, MIGHT take out one of them.
Aromatisse: The main engine, transfering energy around at will.
Slurpuff: Lasers are really dominant in my area, so I like to have a "counter" to them.
The rest: Various attackers based on what the opponent plays.
Max Potion: Although the deck can really abuse it, I could only get one. :( So, if I ever get another one, I'll update the list immediately.

Any Suggestions? Just keep in mind that my budget is kind of limited to... I don't know, $4? Don't have money to really invest in it now, but if a change is possible for me, I'll do it. XD

The deck looks good, but honestly the whole fairy archtype doesn't have what it needs to be competitive yet, Aromatisse is really the only thing worthwhile that Fairies have to offer.

Here's a deck of mine I've been playing with a lot of success recently, abusing Aromatisse and her ability to move energy around. You can make with it what you like but it's a good base list to start from, if you want to use Fairy-type pokemon.

If you can't get the EX needed for the deck, no worries. Just replace them with cards you like or other same-typed pokemon (grass for grass, etc). The point of the deck is to try and attack for weakness as often as possible, so having a variety of different typed pokemon is needed :)

2 Spritzee
2 Aromatisse
2 Yveltal EX
2 Thundurus EX
2 Landorus EX
2 Genesect EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Darkrai EX
1 Verizion EX
1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)

Trainers

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Colress
1 Shadow Triad
4 Ultra Ball
3 Muscle Band
3 Max Potion
2 Level Ball
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Super Rod
1 G-Booster
2 Fairy Garden

Energy

4 Rainbow Energy
4 Prism Energy
4 Plasma Energy

Yeah, I saw your deck before, Takeso. However,I both dislike it and can't play it for 2 reasons, respectively:
-Terrible prize trade against non-EX decks, which are REALLY dominant in my Country,
-If I can't afford 2 more Max Potions, what makes you think I can pay for, to begin with, 2 Genesect-EX, being the most expensive EX Pokémon currently available? e.e I know what you're going to, anyhow, I also have a LTR Genesect, Baby Ray and Yveltal, and I can possibly trade for a Darkrai-EX if I get lucky, but since my metagame is flooded with Dark and Lightning Types, losing the Terrakions might hurt. The only changes I could see are:

-1-1 Slurpuff OR -1 Professor's Letter, -1 Xerneas=+1 Rayquaza, +1 Yveltal/Darkrai.

I'll test both changes, but which one do you think would be best?

Takezo_Kensei said:
The deck looks good, but honestly the whole fairy archtype doesn't have what it needs to be competitive yet, Aromatisse is really the only thing worthwhile that Fairies have to offer.

Here's a deck of mine I've been playing with a lot of success recently, abusing Aromatisse and her ability to move energy around. You can make with it what you like but it's a good base list to start from, if you want to use Fairy-type pokemon.

If you can't get the EX needed for the deck, no worries. Just replace them with cards you like or other same-typed pokemon (grass for grass, etc). The point of the deck is to try and attack for weakness as often as possible, so having a variety of different typed pokemon is needed :)

2 Spritzee
2 Aromatisse
2 Yveltal EX
2 Thundurus EX
2 Landorus EX
2 Genesect EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Darkrai EX
1 Verizion EX
1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)

Trainers

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Colress
1 Shadow Triad
4 Ultra Ball
3 Muscle Band
3 Max Potion
2 Level Ball
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Super Rod
1 G-Booster
2 Fairy Garden

Energy

4 Rainbow Energy
4 Prism Energy
4 Plasma Energy

What do you mean, doesn't have what it needs to be competitive yet?
Regular Xerneas, Darkrai, Shadow Circle, Aromatisse, Muscle band, Prism, Rainbow, Pretty much all you need.
The deck is extremely competitive if built and played correctly, it's difficult to play (because of the huge variety of them, and all the different ways to play and all the things you should or have to cover) and is also a challenge to play against(because it'll wreck you if you've not prepared your deck immensely for it)
As for your list, I see it being too difficult to play with if you start off with the wrong pokemon, and I also see the need to start off with certain pokemon. Then you have fairy garden that shouldn't be there, other cards such as Shadow circle + Darkrai covers it, but you're running 1 Darkrai, at which point would tear the deck apart if it's prized and you don't have a 2nd one.
The only deck that I find to be too fast for Fairies sometimes is Rayboar, and even that might get rekt by sigilyph/suicune/keldeo ex, maybe even a dragon type soon?
Maybe not, just have to wait and see what happens once M Charizard Y is out (x Sucks)

I'm sorry for attacking you about fairies, but I highly disagree and honestly my heart stopped when I read "doesn't have what it needs to be competitive yet."

Bobmcdoogal said:
I'd add a Latias EX to counter Pyroar since Pyroar can't touch Latias EX.
lol, I love your username... :p
But anyways, Dragons are somewhat dominant in Costa Rica, so, if that and Pyroar eventually come across together, I'll toss in a Rayquaza LTR, which OHKO's Pyroar with a Muscle Band, ignoring Intimidating Mane.

Luispipe8 said:
Bobmcdoogal said:
I'd add a Latias EX to counter Pyroar since Pyroar can't touch Latias EX.
lol, I love your username... :p
But anyways, Dragons are somewhat dominant in Costa Rica, so, if that and Pyroar eventually come across together, I'll toss in a Rayquaza LTR, which OHKO's Pyroar with a Muscle Band, ignoring Intimidating Mane.

True that can also work plus Pyroar can't OHKO Rayquaza with a Muscle Band and discarding a Fire.

Back