Fairy-Type Representation in the TCG

Fairy Energy Type

What do you think the Fairy Pokemon Card Energy Type would look like or be (if there is one)?

Will there be one?

Maybe it is the same as the Psychic Energy Design?

RE: Fairy Energy Type

I doubt they will even make Fairy-Type cards. They will probably just print the fairy types as Colorless cards.

It might not be immediately, but I would expect the same treatment Dragons got. It might lead to us getting new energy cards similar to blend, but with different combinations.

I think that if they will make fairy energy the color will be pink and the symbol will be fairish wings or something like that

I will love to see fairy as a brand new type in the tcg but because its the same thing I want for flying bug ghost ... ice ! Since that never happaned besides dragons which also dont have their own energy cards , I think fairy will be colorless with steel weakness and dragon resistance

Fairy-type pokemon to have energy symbol in XY.

Credit goes to serebii for reporting this.

The Pokémon Game Show is about to begin in Japan and promotional material from those there has already begun to reveal new information. First off, is TCG news. It appears that within the TCG later this year, it is confirmed that Fairy-type Pokémon are to have their own special Energy within the TCG, as symbolised by the image to the right. This follows on from the addition of the Dragon-type last year when it became the first new type in the TCG since 1999. We'll bring more details as they come

tcgxy.jpg

RE: Fairy-type pokemon to have energy symbol in XY.

Doesn't mean it's new energy, just that its a new type. Dragon types don't have their own energy. I'm pretty sure it's so you can have Fairy types be super effective against dragons or resistant or whatever. Fairies will use other energy, probably a mixture similar to Dragon.

Like I said in the Front Page News thread, it also states we'll be seeing Fairy in the TCG this year, so I reckon a Sylveon Box alongside our Starter Tins.

If Japan is getting it this year what does that mean for US and other countries? It seems to me as though we won't be getting a simultaneous release for the TCG.

RE: Fairy Type representation in the TCG

Well, the simultaneous release is possible, as it will happen with X&Y for the video games - they may be trying to sync everything up. Either way, we'll probably start seeing Fairy Types at the start of the X&Y series (after the next set to be released).

I'm just glad Dragon-types will be weak to something other than other Dragon-types.

I wonder if they'll give Fairy Pokemon an Ability to do more damage to Dragons, or just release new Dragons with Fairy Weakness? Or both.. :p

Sheriff_K said:
I wonder if they'll give Fairy Pokemon an Ability to do more damage to Dragons, or just release new Dragons with Fairy Weakness? Or both.. :p

They can't give an ability to everything. Haxorus from NVI is not weak to Dragon. New Dragons will have Fairy weakness.

But if Dragons are weak to Fairies, what would be weak against Dragons?

smeargleman said:
But if Dragons are weak to Fairies, what would be weak against Dragons?

Not a thing. Colorless has never super-hit anything except itself in Dragons, and VG Dragons only super-hit themselves.

What about cards with dual type Weaknesses, to counteract their op-ness? Like an op non-EX Dragon that has Weakness: 2x Dragon, 2x Fairy.

Maybe some dragons will be weak against other dragons while others are weak to fairy.

Ryan Sinclair said:
Like I said in the Front Page News thread, it also states we'll be seeing Fairy in the TCG this year, so I reckon a Sylveon Box alongside our Starter Tins.

Posted 17th August. Called it.

Ryan Sinclair said:
Ryan Sinclair said:

Posted 17th August. Called it.

but but but but but, we don't get starter tins. Maybe next year.

I wonder if XY will include older fairy retyped pokemon and how strong they will be in the TCG. I got pink plastics ready to go lol.

Back