• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fairy Box (Seismitoad EX / Aromatisse)

qwertyd

Aspiring Trainer
As soon as Breakpoint announced the inclusion of Max Potion and the new Fighting Fury Belt, I knew I wanted to try and rebuild Fairy Box, one of my favorite decks from the past. There are quite a few different builds (Giratina EX, M Mewtwo Ex, etc) but I've decided Seismitoad has potential to shine as a 220 HP monster with the new tool equipped and healing potential can be quite a threat. As with most Fairy builds, this has become clunky and slow, so I'm asking for advice to smoothen out my list. I'll explain some issues and rough matchups I've run into below:

Pokémon - 16
  • 2 Spritzee BKP
  • 2 Aromatisse XY
  • 1 Regirock PR-XY
  • 3 Seismitoad-EX FFI
  • 1 Lugia-EX AOR
  • 1 Malamar-EX PHF
  • 1 Xerneas-EX XY
  • 1 Trevenant-EX PRC
  • 1 Manectric-EX PHF
  • 1 Aegislash-EX PHF
  • 2 Shaymin-EX ROS
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums - 32
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 3 Fairy Garden
Energy - 12
  • 4 Fairy Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
Strategy:

Bench space seems to be the predominant issue. In Expanded you can just run Darkrai EX with Sky Field, but I've opted to use Fairy Garden as a 120 HP Manaphy EX without a decent attack seems really bad. I can test out that alternative if anyone has tested it to remote success. The Regirock promo is nice against potential Bunnelby/Durant or straight Toad shenanigans that discard energy, but hasn't been particularly pulling it's weight. I'd almost prefer Regirock AO to beat Manectric decks without relying on 3 Rainbows and a coin flip to kill a mega. Damage output is also lackluster. Muscle Band seems decent over FFB as 40 damage off a Quaking Punch is incredibly slow to take down huge EX's if I can't hit them for weakness with a tech attacker. I threw in a Giovanni's Scheme to alleviate this a little, but I don't think I've used it yet. A decent non-EX attacker would be welcome as well, as Regirock nor Aromatisse can deal with the likes of Regice efficiently. I've considered Xerneas XY, but without MB the math doesn't work out favorably and it seems dead in most scenarios as I don't have enough fairy energy in deck to consistently utilize Geomancy.

Apart from what's listed above, I haven't encountered too many issues with the list, but I'd like to seek some help with consistency and getting set up properly. Any constructive input/criticism is welcome! Thanks!

How about putting Regice in your deck as the non-EX attacker? With all the good healing options and the ability to put everything to sleep every now and then, you should be able to win a 1v1 against opposing Regice. Yes, it may not be perfect for that job specifically, but it may work. And it can really slow down the game against heavier Pokémon, which as you said, Seismitoad only hits for 40 damage.

4 DCE seems irrelevant I would replace them for 4 fairy energy.
But this is primarily a Toad deck...

How about putting Regice in your deck as the non-EX attacker? With all the good healing options and the ability to put everything to sleep every now and then, you should be able to win a 1v1 against opposing Regice. Yes, it may not be perfect for that job specifically, but it may work. And it can really slow down the game against heavier Pokémon, which as you said, Seismitoad only hits for 40 damage.
I considered Regice, but the typing doesn't synergize well with a primary water attacker and you don't necessarily beat opposing
Regice 1V1 (you need the first hit and/or a potion).

Last edited by a moderator:
I considered Regice, but the typing doesn't synergize well with a primary water attacker and you don't necessarily beat opposingRegice 1V1 (you need the first hit and/or a potion).

As I said, it may not be perfect for the job. But, you do run those 3 Max Potion and the AZ for a reason, right? Regice is most common in M-Manectric decks, and they usually don't run that many healing cards. And even if they do, they loose a turn Turbo Bolting up energy again. If all you need is type diversity and something that beats Regice, then use Heatran from Phantom Forces. It's perfect for that! But nothing else. That's where Regice is better. You see my point? :)

But, on a side note: One Pokémon you really are gonna struggle against, no matter which non-ex attacker you have, is Zoroark. It let's your opponent bypass Malamar's ability, and it hits these kind of decks really hard, as Fairy Box decks tend to fill their bench with stuff.

Anyway, good luck with your deck. I've used Fairy Box before, and it's a very fun deck to use. Every match is unique and different ^^

You could run the new baby Yveltal with Fright Night, and the new Raikou as Non Ex Attackers, both have great abilities and great attacks.

Oh, And since you're running all basics, I would also suggest throwing in Max Elixir to accelerate your energy, since you have no way to do that currently, besides just using your dces on toad.

Last edited by a moderator:
For aromatoad there is too many attackers, and the whole point of aroma toad is 4max potion 4 super scoop up.
4 max 4 SSU? I've never seen a list that could find room for 4 max let alone 4 SSU. Check out Kyle Haverland/Kolton Day's list from last year- that's more what I'm working off of here. They ran 2 Max with only 1 AZ. Granted they had Trump Card, but idk where you're getting your counts.

You could run the new baby Yveltal with Fright Night, and the new Raikou as Non Ex Attackers, both have great abilities and great attacks.

Oh, And since you're running all basics, I would also suggest throwing in Max Elixir to accelerate your energy, since you have no way to do that currently, besides just using your dces on toad.

Forgot about Raikou! And I was just thinking about Yveltal today actually. Not sure where I could fit in Elixirs (or if I'd have to change the entire energy structure as 4 fairy means I'll hit one like 20% of the time), but I'll definitely test out those non-EX's.

I ended up putting in a Xerneas BKT over the Yveltal simply because my league challenge is in the morning and I don't have one of those Yveltal on me. I'll definitely test it out on PTCGO though because 60+60 is solid damage and the ability is really strong.

Back