Ruling Extra Damage Question

abaxter94

Peach is staring into your soul
In this situation, what would happen?

Q.Salamence ex (df) attacks with dual stream. I have 2 xatu df in play, boosting his attacks by 20 damage. Salamence attacks with dual stream, and I decide to split the damage. It normaly does 80, but it is boosted to 100 with 2 xatu. Would it do as the card indicates, only 40 damage to the defending pokemon and 40 to a benched (igonring xatu), 50 and 50 to a benched (as it is splitted), or would it do 60 to the defending pokemon and 40 damage to a benched (since it would only do 40 but then does 20 more)?

Q.If Absol (lm) attacks with fient attack, doing 20 damage to a pokemon, and Absol has a dark energy attached to it, would it do 30 damage to a pokemon, or 10 damage to the defending pokemon and 20 to a benched?

Sorry if it is alittle confusing

Xatu's body stated that it only applied on defending pokemon. So, if you have two Xatu in play, salamance can either do 100dmg to the defending pokemon OR 60 to the defending and 40 to bench.

Same goes with Darkness energy, it only applied on the defending. Hence, Absol's Feint attack does 30 to the defending or 20 to bench.

I am trying not to get you confused but

Salamence does 60 damage to the Dpokemon and 40 damage to Bench.

Feint Attack: Say Nuzleaf (HL) has 2 darkness and 1 grass, it does 60 damage to the Dpokemon but only 40 damage to Bench.

Pro2go (Medicham ex and Delcatty ex lover)

Charizard said:
Xatu's body stated that it only applied on defending pokemon. So, if you have two Xatu in play, salamance can either do 100dmg to the defending pokemon OR 60 to the defending and 40 to bench.

Same goes with Darkness energy, it only applied on the defending. Hence, Absol's Feint attack does 30 to the defending or 20 to bench.

only main defenders are. key words in Salamences attack are "you may dp 40 damage-If you do choose a benched pokemon and do 40 to it.

Absol is not part of the pokemon but part of the energy used to attack.

Back