• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Exploding Eruption (Primal Groudon EX / Hawlucha EX / Landorus)

dsboy2003

Aspiring Trainer
Please feel free to leave a comment to help this deck!

Pokemon: 11

• 4x Landorus
    2x Hawlucha
    3x Groudon EX
    2x Primal Groudon EX
Trainers: 37

• 4x Professor Sycamore
    4x N
    2x Lysandre
    2x Korrina
    4x Muscle Band
    4x Ultra Ball
    3x Battle Compressor
    3x Robo Substitute
    2x VS Seeker
    2x Groudon Spirit Link
    1x Scramble Switch
    4x Fighting Stadium
    2x Scorched Earth
Energy: 12

• 8x Fighting Energy
    4x Strong Energy

Strategy:
Try to start off with Landerous and use battle compressors and ultra balls to discard fighting energy. Get Hawlucha and Groudon/Primal Groudon onto your bench, with Corrina and Ultra Ball, and power them up, preferably Groudon, with Landerous. Get one of them onto the active spot once they're fully powered up. If Landerous is knocked out but your Pokemon aren't fully powered up yet, use a Robo Substitute to buy yourself an extra turn. Use Primal Groudon's Gaia Volcano to discard your opponents stadium or, if necessary, your own. Attach a Strong Energy and a Muscle Band to Primal Groudon to do a massive 240 damage knocking out even megas! You can also use Fighting Stadium to do an additional 20 damage if you can't get the Strong Energy or the Muscle Bands out. If one of your Primal Groudon's are near to fainting, use Scramble Switch to power up a second Primal Groudon.

Hope you enjoy!

RE: Exploding Eruption Primal Groudon

Just a quick FYI, but you'll need to run Muscle Band over Silver Bangle as bangle can't be attached to EX pokemon and that, unfortunately, includes ol' Primal Groudon ( http://pokebeach.com/scans/plasma-blast/88-silver-bangle.jpg )

What is the point of Hawlucha EX? With Primal Groudon needing 4 manual energy attachments (or attachments plus several Shouts of Power), it seems to me the only way Groudon could ever work would be with a lot of 1-energy attackers. Hawlucha EX (which, just for reference, is an EX has as much HP as Donphan or the Outrage dragons) seems very counter intuitive to that strategy. Plus, even independent of Primal Groudon, it's just a bad card.

I think you should replace the 3 Hawlucha EX with 2 normal Hawlucha and 1 Landorus EX. Landorus EX is a decent starter and can provide some early game pressure which you're currently lacking. Hawlucha is just an amazing card all-around.

You also need to include probably 2 Weakness policy and 1-2 Tool Retriever to remove the Spirit Links and replace them with Weakness Policy. If you don't use Weakness Policy you have an autoloss to VirGen.

In my personal opinion, I don't think Primal Groudon decks will be any good unless the format slows down (to allow for several manual attachments to Groudon all while attacking with something else), but if you want to try it out I think you should address the things I outlined above. Good luck!

RE: Exploding Eruption Primal Groudon

oh thanks! I didn't know that I'll change it right away

NicoSpot said:
What is the point of Hawlucha EX? With Primal Groudon needing 4 manual energy attachments (or attachments plus several Shouts of Power), it seems to me the only way Groudon could ever work would be with a lot of 1-energy attackers. Hawlucha EX (which, just for reference, is an EX has as much HP as Donphan or the Outrage dragons) seems very counter intuitive to that strategy. Plus, even independent of Primal Groudon, it's just a bad card.

I think you should replace the 3 Hawlucha EX with 2 normal Hawlucha and 1 Landorus EX. Landorus EX is a decent starter and can provide some early game pressure which you're currently lacking. Hawlucha is just an amazing card all-around.

You also need to include probably 2 Weakness policy and 1-2 Tool Retriever to remove the Spirit Links and replace them with Weakness Policy. If you don't use Weakness Policy you have an autoloss to VirGen.

In my personal opinion, I don't think Primal Groudon decks will be any good unless the format slows down (to allow for several manual attachments to Groudon all while attacking with something else), but if you want to try it out I think you should address the things I outlined above. Good luck!

Thanks for the help! I know this deck might not be perfect but I'm just gonna try it anyway. I like your ideas to help this deck so I'll change it right away

Back