Ruling (Expanded) Giant Plant Forest and Devolution Spray

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
Giant Plant Forest:

"Each player’s [G] Pokemon can Evolve during the first turn and on the turn they were put into play."

Devolution Spray:

"Devolve 1 of your evolved Pokémon and put the highest stage Evolution card on it into your hand. (That Pokémon can't evolve this turn.)"

Question:

Should I use Devolution Spray on, lets say, a Shiftry from FLF, can I re-evolve him if Giant Plant Forest is in play? Also, if I use Shiftry's ability before I devolve it, and if I can re-evolve it, can I use its ability a second time for the turn?

Basically, it boils down to :

Is the text in parenthesis for devolution spray an additional effect to the card or is it just a reminder that the pokémon it targets cannot legally evolve because it technically just entered play, which Giant Plant Forest would overrule?

If clarification is needed let me know!

We'll need English scans of the cards so we can help give the most accurate answer possible.

Sorry this scan isn't Pokébeach (couldn't find one) But here is Forest of Giant Plants:
forest-of-giant-plants-74-98.1438707498.jpg

But here's pokebeach devolution spray:

Devolution-Spray-Dragons-Exalted-113.jpg

Thank you.

The parenthetical text is a reminder. If you have Forest in play and the devolved Pokémon is Grass, you may evolve it immediately. If the evolved Pokémon has a coming into play power, you may use it because as far as the game is concerned, it's an entirely new Pokémon.

Back