Help Expanded counters to Zoroark GX?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I need one desperately. I’m playing Trevenant BREAK, which has Weakness to the Pokémon in about 99.9% of all Expanded decks. Unfortunately, I can’t think of any. Regionals is only in a couple of days... HELP PLEEEEAAAASE!

Weakness policy is always a thing, though probably not the best choice. Maybe an Espeon EX to get rid of any Zoroarks that have taken two attacks from Trevenant BREAK? You'll only get one prize card for each one you get rid of, but it will get rid of them nonetheless.

Other than that all I can think of is the obvious answer: consistency. Just build a list consistent enough to be able to easily lock down a Zoroark Player. Unless I'm mistaken, Zoroark if often used in the speed decks a lot, and those decks play a lot of items, so Trevenant should hit those decks hard anyways (I assume you use the XY normal Trevenant).

I'm not going to the regionals, don't do much competitive stuff, and overall and probably not qualified to give you advice. I just thought I'd try and help, but keep in mind I could be wrong.

Weakness policy is always a thing, though probably not the best choice. Maybe an Espeon EX to get rid of any Zoroarks that have taken two attacks from Trevenant BREAK? You'll only get one prize card for each one you get rid of, but it will get rid of them nonetheless.

Other than that all I can think of is the obvious answer: consistency. Just build a list consistent enough to be able to easily lock down a Zoroark Player. Unless I'm mistaken, Zoroark if often used in the speed decks a lot, and those decks play a lot of items, so Trevenant should hit those decks hard anyways (I assume you use the XY normal Trevenant).

I'm not going to the regionals, don't do much competitive stuff, and overall and probably not qualified to give you advice. I just thought I'd try and help, but keep in mind I could be wrong.
I try to play the most consistent list I can, but I lack Rescue Scarf.
Espeon, I really can’t acquire easily, and only one more league day to trade for it.
About the speed decks:
The Zoroark GX I'm worried about is the one Andrew Mahone made a video about. If it can trade into a Guzma, I’m pretty much worse off than a Goomy against Alolan Ninetales.
Thanks for the help, though.

I'm trying out M Gengar and I'm running into the same problem. The easiest solution I have is to take out Zorua before it evolves. Obviously this is harder than it seems but other than that the thing to do would be play hex maniac with vs seeker continously to slow your opponent down and hopefully you can get at least one knockout.

Also just like Shfinx I'm no expert, but I hope this helped.

Dark Pokémon are the bane of Trevenant. Those match-ups are just not favorable for Trevenant deck players. However, a few techs to consider are:
  • Parallel City to try to minimize opponent's damage output,
  • Necrozma GX to drop lots of damage counters onto opponent's EX/GX Pokémon, and
  • Espeon EX to devolve opponent's Stage 1 and 2 Pokémon.
Best of luck to you.

Just off the top of my head, and admittedly dubious because it requires adding too many cards:
  • Double Colorless Energy
  • Marshadow-GX
  • Seismitoad-EX
If you can, however, you now only have to worry if Yveltal-EX rises again... or is it already showing up in Zoroark-GX decks?

Back