Discussion Expanded Cards to Keep

Bobohippo

Aspiring Trainer
I have no idea if this forum already exists or not but from what I can see is it doesn't. So I have a bunch of cards in my collection and I am going through them to get rid of them. I want to play in both expanded and standard tcg but I do not know which cards to keep and which cards to get rid of. I have been doing some research on the meta of expanded but I really want to know and maybe people can help so this benefits everyone, what Pokemon themselves commons, uncommons, and rares are good cards to keep?

I have no idea if this forum already exists or not but from what I can see is it doesn't. So I have a bunch of cards in my collection and I am going through them to get rid of them. I want to play in both expanded and standard tcg but I do not know which cards to keep and which cards to get rid of. I have been doing some research on the meta of expanded but I really want to know and maybe people can help so this benefits everyone, what Pokemon themselves commons, uncommons, and rares are good cards to keep?

As far as Expanded goes, you ALWAYS want an Ace Spec in your deck, so at the very least, have Computer Search and Dowsing Machine on hand. If you're into rogue, then Life Dew and Scramble Switch may not be bad options to have on hand as well.

4 Professor Juniper/Sycamore/Research
4 VS Seeker
N
Guzma
Shaymin-EX
Tapu Lele-GX
Dedenne-GX
Ditto Prism Star
Prism Energy
Blend Energy
Strong Energy
Mystery Energy

Those are the immediate staples off the top of my head, some of them more deck dependent than others. But there's A LOT available in Expanded. Outside of consistency staples, a lot depends on the deck, or the type of deck, you want to run. For example, there's many control variants, but it largely depends on if you want to run aggro-control, aggro-combo, or just straight up control.

Without seeing a list, it's fiddicult to tell. Since I've been playing in 2017, people have resurrected some crazy cards and concepts. So some cards may look useless now, but they are one card away from being a super cool anti-meta pick.

I hope this helps.

Back