• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Expanded ADPZ

TheTempest

Aspiring Trainer
Not to be that guy, but here's a deck that I've been toying with ever since Rusted Sword came out. Please let me know if I should change anything. Criticism is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 Arceus &Dialga &Palkia
3 Zacian V
1 Dedenne GX
1 Tapu Lele GX
1 Cobalion GX
------------------
4 Metal Saucer
4 Tag Call
2 Battle Compressor
2 Float stone
3 VS Seeker
4 Quick Ball
4 Trainer's Mail
3 Rusted Sword
4 Acro Bike
1 Target Whistle
4 Marnie
4 Lysandre
2 Guzma & Hala
--------------------
10 Metal Energy
2 Double Dragon Energy

Last edited:

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
Guzma and Hala and Tag Call are generally the cards to focus around for this kind of deck. Max out Tag Call with 4, and that will make your Turn 1 Altered Creation GX far more likely. Also, run 2 copies of Float Stone to help with pivoting. Battle Compressor's use for your deck is limited, I'd only run 2 if you're going to use it. But, even then, I'd just cut it entirely for Max Elixir/Ultra Ball. VS Seeker can be cut down to 3 copies, 1-2 Lysandre can be swapped for Guzma and 1 Zacian V can be cut, as well as 1 Rusted Sword.

TheTempest

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks! I'll update the list. I feel like the Quick Ball and the Tag Call would be enough Pokemon search, so I won't run Ultra Ball. But the rest seem quite sound!

Last edited:

ADP Big Rat

150/350
There are 0 cards that have 290 HP, so Rusted Sword is always going to be worse than Muscle Band/Choice Band since it's locked into Zacian.

Lysandre is also terrible in ADPZ and I have no clue why you'd ever play it over more Guzma.

Cut Marnie and play a Discard Draw 7 Supporter. You gun to take prizes as quickly as possible every single game and you should never be in a situation where disrupting your opponent's hand is better than drawing more cards. If you are, then play an N.

Compressor does absolutely nothing except discard Metals (which you can do anyway by digging) and those should 100% be Max Elixirs.

You should definitely be playing a thicker draw support mon line. 2 Dede and 1-2 Bat is almost a necessity.

You should be playing Swell so Beach decks and Lab decks don't body you. You always Guzma Hala turn one anyway, you might as well play it.

Needless to say you're looking into the future, but you should be running Aegislash V or Mawile GX. Your only out to beating Eggrow/Plume and Pyroar Stall is currently Target Whistle, which is played around by your opponent just not blasting all of their mons into the discard. That being said, if there's nothing in your opponent's discard to Target Whistle, it can be easily assumed that they have Pokemon in their hand if their hand is large. Mawile is definitely the better of the two here, but both are options.

I highly recommend that you play GRI Sudowoodo with the spike of people playing Snormax and Eternamax.

I'm curious as to why you don't run Great Catcher. It's basically a "take 3 prizes" item.

Oh yeah and run an Ace Spec. It is always better to run one than to not. Dowsing, Comp. Search, Master Ball or even Scoop Up Cyclone is better than not running any Ace Spec.

I also recommend that you check out the play.limitlesstcg site for their recent expanded events to see lists. And playing in those tournaments is a lot better than playing Expanded anywhere else if you want to see where your skill stands.

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
Lysandre is also terrible in ADPZ and I have no clue why you'd ever play it over more Guzma.
Hmm, I actually disagree on this front. Lysandre and Guzma each have their uses, I'd advocate for running a split between the two if possible, if not, then use Guzma. Lysandre doesn't require you to switch your Active Pokemon, which is actually quite handy when you don't have a way to pivot back into your Active Pokemon.

ADP Big Rat

150/350
Hmm, I actually disagree on this front. Lysandre and Guzma each have their uses, I'd advocate for running a split between the two if possible, if not, then use Guzma. Lysandre doesn't require you to switch your Active Pokemon, which is actually quite handy when you don't have a way to pivot back into your Active Pokemon.
That's an argument I would make in any other case except when dealing with an attacker that's required to be on the bench to accelerate to it and requires to be switched every time you attack. Both of those clauses apply to Zacian so that argument fails. Furthermore you should never ever not have Float in play when you're playing ADPZ since the T1 Altered Creation Combo almost always requires it to happen. Blower or not, ADPZ is a deck that does nothing but dig and can always have Float or another attacker available. Considering how heavily the deck is reliant on both gust and switching, it makes perfect sense as to why every list runs heavy Guzma and 0 Lysandre.