Ruling Exp. Share and Energy Pouch

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
If I have Energy Pouch on my active Pokémon and an Exp. Share on one of my benched Pokémon, what happens to my basic energy on my active Pokémon if it gets knocked out by damage? Does it matter if it has one or multiple energy? Or if I have more than one Pokémon on my bench with an Exp Share? Thanks in advance.

pokemon-single-card-xy-fates-collide-097-124-energy-pouch-p136077-151156_medium.jpg
XY5_EN_128.png

These effects take place together, because they are the result of a single action-- your Pokemon getting Kmocked Out. You can choose the order in which to perform these. You can choose to activate the EXP Share(s) first and move one Basic Energy to each of your Pokemon that has one. Or if you'd rather just return all the Basic Energy to your hand you can do Energy Pouch's effect first. The amount of Energy doesn't matter. It's also important to note that EXP Share's text includes "you may" meaning it is optional. If you had two Pokemon on your Bench with EXP Share, you could choose to use only one of them.

Back