Exclusive, Larger 'Chilling Reign' Elite Trainer Boxes Releasing at Pokemon Center!

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Well, this is unexpected! Too bad the scalper bots are still rampant, though. Other than that, this is a rather neat idea to incentivize utilizing the official website!

vexel

Aspiring Trainer
Managed to scoop up a pair! Seems like pokemoncenter site has gotten a lot better since the shining fates release.

Or maybe less scalpers?

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Managed to scoop up a pair! Seems like pokemoncenter site has gotten a lot better since the shining fates release.

Or maybe less scalpers?
I don't know if there's been any boosts to the site's security to better prevent and shut down scalper bots, but if people are able to secure these PC ETB's without hassle, then I'll take your word for it!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'd have preordered this if Pokémon Center didn't... Instantly block me because they thought I was a bot, or something. Like, okay, Fine, don't take my money.

EDIT:
aside from that, I managed to get a way to order them. Can confirm it was very painless and easy to order.

Last edited:

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know if there's been any boosts to the site's security to better prevent and shut down scalper bots, but if people are able to secure these PC ETB's without hassle, then I'll take your word for it!
It's true, I was able to just casually grab one.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I'd have preordered this if Pokémon Center didn't... Instantly block me because they thought I was a bot, or something. Like, okay, Fine, don't take my money.
EDIT:
aside from that, I managed to get a way to order them. Can confirm it was very painless and easy to order.
I think something similar happened to WPM when he was trying to order Hoenn sitting cuties plush for his display shelf. Might have been maintenance related, though.
Also, I take that to mean “yes they are taking precautions against scalper bots,” which is a good thing, although it appears there may be some wrinkles to sort out, as there almost always is when a website is updated (unless I’m mistaken).
Also, cool idea with the metal dice and coin! I’m perfectly satisfied with my Ultra Premium Collection die so I don’t think I’ll need these, but while that means I’m not in the market for any more metal dice, it also puts me in the position to adamantly recommend these dice as a fun, well-designed, quality gameplay accessory. I imagine the silver would also look great with the gold and black/black and gold Ultra Premium Collection dice. Actually, maybe I’m more interested in these dice than I thought I was...
Color-wise, thigh, my favorite of the three (or four, I can’t tell if the lettering on the metal dice is different between boxes) is the Glastrier Chilling Reign dice.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
i saw them available on the site about.... 6 hours ago? I was able to add 1 to my cart, when I tried adding the other it kept giving me an error and signing me out. i wasn't ready to compete with bots and honestly i'll wait until I come across one at Target or GS, I'm not gonna risk getting my account banned for constantly having to sign back into my account so I can check out.

Dawn Hero

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, I've been lurking for a few years now, just made an account. Thanks for everything Pokebeach.
Update on this, still able to place pre-orders. You can only pre-order one box at a time though. That's what those errors are about. I placed two orders for the pair without any hassle. Really happy to finally get something for once.

Jonn

Pokemon Collector
I got blocked from PokemonCenter.com while trying to add it to my cart. It says it thinks I'm a bot. Did I really click that fast? Lol

gengargibby

Aspiring Trainer
i saw them available on the site about.... 6 hours ago? I was able to add 1 to my cart, when I tried adding the other it kept giving me an error and signing me out. i wasn't ready to compete with bots and honestly i'll wait until I come across one at Target or GS, I'm not gonna risk getting my account banned for constantly having to sign back into my account so I can check out.

I encountered this too. I ordered the Ice Rider first and completed the pre-order (with free shipping!) and then did a second pre-order for the Shadow Rider. It gave me a message about not being able to have multiple pre-order items in my cart at once...weird but at least I didn't get locked out and was able to order both.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Metal or metallic coin that’s the question./:.
It says metal in the description, and they say metallic when its metallic, so my guess is metal.
And also the dice are metal, which would indicate that the coin is also metal.

SenorChinocano

Aspiring Trainer
Hi friends, retailer here, love you all for supporting the hobby and keeping it alive during this crisis.

I need to mention, that I highly recommend you pre-order this elite trainer box from Pokemoncenter.com as soon and as much as you can, because we as retailers received a <1% shipment on Chilling Reign, so this might be your only chance of getting Chilling Reign products at a fair MSRP rate.

Please don't wait. I love all my customers and I love all Pokemon fans, I'm trying to help you, because your local LGS and big-box will NOT have anything for you during release date.

For instance, we asked for 3000 build and battle boxes and we got assigned 1 box (not 1 case, 1 measly little box). PM me if you want to see proof of our order history and witness the humiliation.

This is going to be an awesome set please don't miss out.

Pastrygator

Aspiring Trainer
still fairy energy included? do they have 6 billion of those energy card shrink wraps in a warehouse somewhere and they're still going through them?

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I got a couple, no problem. Site was acting kinda weird during checkout though. Did the capcha thing in the middle of checking out and it broke my cart. I had to back out to just before the payment page to get the page to take my card info again.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
still fairy energy included? do they have 6 billion of those energy card shrink wraps in a warehouse somewhere and they're still going through them?
It uses the SSH energy art template so they definitely just have enough of those since SSH base was first printed out. Will last until Fairy type rotates out completely from standard.