News Exclusive Holo Promos in 'Cinnamon Toast Crunch' Cereal

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
yeah, i was just gonna say, this looked like this years mcdonalds set list. im betting we get the mcdonalds toys closer to USUMs release.
The promo explicitly states it's for Sun and Moon, so using it for Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon would look a little weird on their part.

I think it's safe to assume that there will be an Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon promotion next year though

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
I'd love something like this to hit UK - this Cereal is great lol, still live in hope mcdonald's Promos will eventually hit here too, thought it was quite strange getting English promo cards in 3 different none English speaking EU countries last year lol

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Depends on who you ask. Some in UK wish they would get the figures we get. I happen to wish we could get the jumbo cards they get. No question though that Japan gets the best stuff.

I want the Pikachu, too bad it's a one in four odds.

The UK's pretty lousy for some of the TCG stuff, we don't get any of these mystery packs or reprint things that Walmart or Target sell. Then again with the former, that's probably for the best, I've seen some of the unboxing videos for those.

There's always eBay for these cards. I know they said four, but you'd probably need to pick up say eight boxes to get them all if they're randomised.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Found a family size box of honey nut cheerios (of course that's more expensive than the $3 a box) that had the cards too so maybe it's a general mills promotional thing rather than just CTC?

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I think those cards are what I've exactly saw in McDonalds special set. Most exactly. Because that has no Grubbin

Pikachu6319

Scooby
The UK's pretty lousy for some of the TCG stuff, we don't get any of these mystery packs or reprint things that Walmart or Target sell. Then again with the former, that's probably for the best, I've seen some of the unboxing videos for those.

There's always eBay for these cards. I know they said four, but you'd probably need to pick up say eight boxes to get them all if they're randomised.

Yeah I don't do the mystery pack things, so I don't know. I very rarely do the reprint things either, so it's almost pointless to me anyway.

You may be right about the best way to get that Pikachu and it's not like I don't get enough stuff from there lol.

WaMike

Aspiring Trainer
I stopped by two stores and, though they both had CTC, neither had boxes with Pokemon Cards. Hopefully they'll get stocked soon

Sarakazi

Aspiring Trainer
This is my favorite cereal! I didn't see these when we went grocery shopping earlier this week.

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
I got the Pikachu out of a box today. Pretty nice card as a bonus just for getting cereal.

TheCharizardChan1

The Very Best Like No One Ever Was
7/12 of these cards are also in McDonald's collection 2017 (exact print) including the Pikachu. Does this potentially mean that won't be releasing in the US and this is kind of an attempt to make up for it?

I didn't know we were getting any Pokemon McDonald's Toys. I know that the Australian equivalent, Macca's, has it slated for this year, but we have not got news stating other regions will also get it. Maybe like Raven Zombie said, we may get news of it soon.

I can't really make out what cards are in the advertisement for Macca's besides Grubbin.
I hope we get both tho.

EDIT: Ok So I found an image of the Macca Pikachu card.
s-l500.jpg

So it also looks like it is a reprint of the blackstar Pikachu SM04. But for all the collectors to know, it is obvious that the foil is different. Looks like the Macca card had the confetti promo, and the CTC is the new foil.

Attachments

• Maccapokemon.jpg
    Maccapokemon.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Which store did you find it at? Walmart?
Smith's Food and Drug (one of the marketplace ones to be exact). I looked at a walmart and target before it, but to no avail. Smith's was the third store I checked and even though the CTC didn't have the cards, I look to the left and sure enough see like 3 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios Family Size left, specially marked and everything!

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
I didn't know we were getting any Pokemon McDonald's Toys. I know that the Australian equivalent, Macca's, has it slated for this year, but we have not got news stating other regions will also get it. Maybe like Raven Zombie said, we may get news of it soon.

I can't really make out what cards are in the advertisement for Macca's besides Grubbin.
I hope we get both tho.

EDIT: Ok So I found an image of the Macca Pikachu card.
s-l500.jpg

So it also looks like it is a reprint of the blackstar Pikachu SM04. But for all the collectors to know, it is obvious that the foil is different. Looks like the Macca card had the confetti promo, and the CTC is the new foil.
First, McDonalds is still McDonalds in Australia. Maccas is just Australian slang.

Second, I live in Australia and I have some of these cards too. They all have confetti foil. The set list is Rowlet, Grubbin, Litten, Popplio, Pikachu, Cosmog, Crabrawler, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Diglett, Cutiefly, Pikipek and Yungoos. The starters are alternates of the SM1 prints as opposed to the promos like the cereal, but the rest of the cards that match across both sets are reprints. All the McDonalds ones will have confetti foil.

And I am doubtful the US will receive this promotion at all, due to the fact that it's not slated for them within the next 2 months and they normally get things at the same time if not before we do. For collector's sake I hope it is tho. I just hope if it's done elsewhere the cards with the Rowlet and Litten toys have backing cardboard because they didn't here, and all the cards that came with those toys are severely bent and warped.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
also, for anyone that didnt know, KFC did pokemon this year too... sadly the US KFC doesnt do toys anymore :(
kfc1.jpg

imgres