Discussion Excadrill (Post-Guardians Rising)

Nyora

A Cat
For those who don't know what this card does:
Excadrill%2BPrimal%2BClash.jpg

Anyways, post-Guardians Rising, could Excadrill be good? It's Omega Barrage allows it to hit twice, and with Choice Band/Dhelmise, you can swing for 240 every turn almost consistently. I don't know if it'd be super bad, but it does have a poor Decidueye/Vileplume matchup, which will become more popular. I think being able to swing for 240 every turn, knocking off balloons with Field Blower, and also possibly going for 280 with Kukui can be very good. Thoughts?

i really want to play this as well. it looks really fun and the fact that exadrill is a one prize attacker makes it so much better.

If played with Eveelutions decidueye would be less of a problem this actually sounds pretty fun I had not thought of dhelmise with excadrill

Pokemon: 19
4 Drilbur PCR
4 Excadrill PCR 97
4 Dhelmise GUR
2 Eevee AOR
1 Flareon AOR
1 Vaporeon AOR
1 Tapu Lele GX
1 Tauros GX
1 Shaymin EX

Trainers: 31
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Professor Kukui

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
2 Nest Ball
2 Field Blower
2 Super Rod
2 Escape Rope
1 Eco Arm

3 Choice Band

2 Sky Field

Energy: 10
6 Metal
4 DCE

How about something like this?

I made a list with the exact same pokemon count. However I changed the Supporter line to include briggete and 2 kukuis as that's a pretty Integral card when it comes to omega barrage pokemon. I also put more escape ropes in and no nest balls

Yes! Yes! a card that transforms into an amazing card! I think that Solgeleo + Ninja Boy + Excadrill + Prof. Kukui + FFB/Silver Bangle = DOOM!! (all though the other strategies are better)

I like this idea a lot. Like @AuraJackle said, a Flareon AOR to turn into fire *really* helps to deal with that accursed owl. Vaporeon and Jolteon both give some very useful type advantages in the meta.

Oh my word this idea looks HILARIOUSLY fun!!! I am SO taking this and tinkering with it. Local tournaments wielding Excadrill will be fantastic so long as you can set up fast on Volcanion. I like the idea of Bridgette to lay down all the Dhelmise you need, meaning you could take out the Nest Balls potentially. With Tapu Lele, you can afford to do that, as well as running a Lillie or two for turn one drawing.

One thing to keep in mind for energy in regard to the DCEs, though. With Excadrill's first attack, you search out 2 "Energy cards" specifically. Wording is important. It says you HAVE TO seek out 2 cards, nothing like "up to 2" or anything. And since it's "Energy cards", that means you go find one DCE and another random energy, and attach to Exca. Using your CDEs here is useless since that second attack just takes 3 energy. It also makes you less vulnerable to EHammers and the like if you don't attach them to Exca. Save them for the Lele, Tauros, and Shaymin.

This deck looks amazing though. I'm so anxious to try it out. C'mon Guardians and get here already!

I'll correct a statement above you do not have to search out 2 energys from your deck with dredge you can choose one if you want as a deck is an unknown space

Last edited:
But how do you keep up pace when one Excadrill dies?
You also need quite a lot of resources to get going and keep going

But how do you keep up pace when one Excadrill dies?
You also need quite a lot of resources to get going and keep going
I dunno, I wouldn't say so. Since it can attack twice and the first nabs the energy it needs, it doesn't seem hard to get another going if you had it on the bench. I guess that's where the value of DCE comes in. Sky Field lets things sit on your bench better (but with Field Blower incoming I would for sure pump that number up to 3 or 4), so you can be charging the next one up rather fast in theory. Outside that it's just the Choice Band and having more Dhelmise on the bench, which you only need to do once.

If you want to be ridiculous, Wally might be a fun one-off for a fast Turn 2 Excadrill+KO. Rescue Stretcher over one of the Super Rods could also be cool for versatility. Throwing ideas out there. XD

I believe that this deck should not include dhelmise if eeveelutions ate played. U already can get the KO without dhelmise if you have choice band on. If you want dhelmise then don't use more than two.

So I have been tinkering with this online as best as I can before Guardians comes out, and it's soooooo fun. I think Energy being discarded after a Drill goes down might be a problem though. I'm thinking of tossing in a Brock's Grit over a super rod for more bang for my buck. Choice Band and Dhelmise are gunna be awesome once I can open these freaking packs I entered from the prerelease! 10 more days!

I believe that this deck should not include dhelmise if eeveelutions ate played. U already can get the KO without dhelmise if you have choice band on. If you want dhelmise then don't use more than two.
But the problem becomes you can't OHKO things then if you don't hit Weakness, and keep in mind Weakness Policy still exists.

Back