'EX Power-Up Collections' in May!

The collections are a joke, yes, but....

Let's say, that the Japanese Premium Champion set is another EX Battle Boost/Legendary Treasures.
Think about it-it seems to be a reprint set, right? If so, that could be our last XY set after the Volcanion one. We got the remaining stragglers of gen 6 coming in XY10 and XY11, so...It would make sense if we got a reprint set. Xy...Legendary...Treasure Pleasures, let's call it. If so...We may still get another chance at having Shaymin reprints. It could happen, and judging by Call Of Legends, EX Power Keepers, etc.

If so, then hopefully Shaymin becomes easier to pull/cheaper.

And that, kids, is what I waste my time doing. Theorizing about the future of Pokemon cards.

Ugh. Not even sure whether to be happy because it's real, or sad because it's fake. VERY off topic point, but can you play Japanese energy in an English deck? The grey border is so much nicer
Unfortunately not in tournament play, but in a league or casual play you can. (just make sure your sleeves aren't translucent or transparent)

Wait, so it was confirmed that this was fake, but does that include the whole premium champion set? Or is it just the 4 reprints listed?

<:'3c but every time I challenge your authority/call you on stuff you block out my post!

come on WPM

Appreciate me talking back to authority.

But seriously, unless there's viable proof of something, I doubt it. I was all for Sun & Moon and hilariously got called so many unspeakable things by people who have no logic on how these trademark leaks work, especially trustworthy ones. It's funny, I never hear a peep of an apology from people who act like fools because they fall for some seriously baseless stuff.

I was very certain this was fake because - Yes, The Pokemon Company is extremely stupid when it comes to the card game lately. They make terrible choices that break the game (Ironically, BREAKs did nothing of the sort.), they shove too many promos that could work as league promos or a new POP Series into overpriced product, and they clearly have no one to test the balance of this card game like many other TCGs do despite throwing out a call a few years back for people to help with that. What was it, 20 people? and they still managed to ruin the TCG?

However, I feel they've realized their mistake - sure there are obvious slip ups (Manectric -cough-) but they seem to (hopefully) be on the right track. Whether this is another one of those moments where they seem to be doing something right then immediately screw up afterwards remains to be seen.

tl;dr version: They're stupid, but not that level of stupid. Unless they reprint Seismitoad EX down the road then yes they are in fact - that stupid.

Man, stop messing with me. I really thought we were going to get another preconstructed style product.

tl;dr version: They're stupid, but not that level of stupid. Unless they reprint Seismitoad EX down the road then yes they are in fact - that stupid.

Just using this as an excuse to once again point out that as much as I dislike Seismitoad-EX, it is probably more the fault of all the cards that are used alongside it. At first that sounds backwards; if you take out one card and that gets rid of a problem deck, then that card is the main problem, right?

Nope. Seismitoad-EX not only counts on a format where heavy Item usage is a must, but takes advantage of Double Colorless Energy (and without that would risk other tricks like Max Elixir) so that it can attack ASAP. Super Scoop Up allows it ditch damage and since it slows so many decks down, you have time to try and do that. Relatively easy to play draw power (before Shaymin-EX it was Slurpuff) allow it to use Supporters for disruption instead of maintaining its own set-up. Crushing Hammer is an Item (play as many as you wish per turn if there isn't Item lock) that gets rid of an Energy card (usually play only one per turn): even as a "tails fails" card that is too good in a format with this much draw power.

The only reason I doubted the story was because of the timing. Was the site down solely to setup for this joke? XD

Was the site down solely to setup for this joke? XD
No, one of the plugins broke upon upgrading some software. Bad timing for an April Fools' joke because it made people think we turned off comments on purpose. :x

Me and some friends have a pool on the dumbest reprints that are gonna come out if they do do a "legendary treasures 2" type set. But this is a little optimistic.

EDIT: Heh I said do do.

I have to say I though it was real:D
This is a really cool idea for an actual product though.

If this isn't a joke then, I hope they give us the holo foil energy like they did with the Red Genesect Collection

So lemme get this straight... Japan is going to have every key EX in format while we rotate?

So lemme get this straight... Japan is going to have every key EX in format while we rotate?
We might get something announced in the future. It's a low probability anyway, since the Worlds and all that would get really confusing. Unless they're gonna have Worlds 2017 in Expanded. Which would be bad beacause Expanded is bad.

I thought this was real for a second... Only if... I would love to see an alternate art Toad or Shaymin though!

I knew it was fake when Shaymin Ex was getting a reprint as a promo, and if they did reprint Shaymin as a Promo , expect it being as rare as I normally is in Roaring Skies.

Shaymin-EX is getting reprinted in Japanese as part of the Premium Champion Set. There is currently no information on how this set will be released in English, if at all, so Shaymin-EX may or may not be getting an English language reprint. This information was revealed in a non-April-Fools article on March 31st which you can read here.

Shaymin-EX is getting reprinted in Japanese as part of the Premium Champion Set. There is currently no information on how this set will be released in English, if at all, so Shaymin-EX may or may not be getting an English language reprint. This information was revealed in a non-April-Fools article on March 31st which you can read here.
Have we ever not gotten such reprints in this manner, because i dont remember that happening.
That may have came off as rude, please don't see it that way.

Have we ever not gotten such reprints in this manner, because i dont remember that happening.
Call of Legends and Legendary Treasures were two reprint sets similiar in vein to the japanese Premium Champion Collection, but I have no idea when would they squeeze another similiar set in in the Outside World release schedule.

There are a number of Japanese cards, both reprint and non-reprint, that have not been released in English. There have also been many that have. Sometimes those releases come in different ways and manners. You can certainly guess and say "this will probably get reprinted in English" and people can choose to disagree or agree with that statement because it's speculation, but there is no factual confirmation of the card getting reprinted in English at this point and time. My post in response to your inquiry was purposefully meant to be factual, not speculatory.

But if you want speculation, here we go:

First of all, you can't really compare it to Call of Legends or Legendary Treasures, because even though both are reprint sets, they're very different from each other and also from the Premium Champion Set. Call of Legends was an English-exclusive release to have a TCG set in English to fill in the gaps before the release of Gen 5, so it had no Japanese equivalent set at all. Legendary Treasures did have a Japanese equivalent set called EX Battle Boost, but EBB was just a regularly scheduled set that happened to including some reprints; it fell right in the spot of 3 months after the last BW set and 3 months before XY1.

The Premium Champion Set is different from both of these because it's a "Concept Pack" (CP4), which makes it more akin to a mini-set like Shiny Collection. However, at 131 cards (not including secrets) it's certainly not "mini" by any stretch of the imagination, and much too large to be folded into a full-size English set, especially since English sets already collect a lot of extra non-set cards from Japanese decks and other promos. Something tells me they're not going to want to pull another Aquapolis on us.

TPCi could release it as a full set, either bumping back and being a set behind Japan temporarily, or simply adding another set release into the 2016 schedule to bump it up to 5 full sets instead of 4. However, they're already kinda sorta doing that with Generations, and I'm not sure they'd want to saturate the market with yet another set in a year already full to the brim with releases left and right (especially when it's just another rerelease set. On the other hand, with it being the 20th anniversary and all, they might welcome the idea of having even more merchandise to sell.

Personally, I do not think the Premium Champion Set will be getting an English release like it is in Japan. There's simply too many cards and too many reprints. What I think will happen instead is that the few new cards in the set will get folded into other English releases (perhaps Fates Collide in May, perhaps the English equivalent of XY11, perhaps both), and the important reprint cards will get rereleased in a different fashion, perhaps in tins or promo sets/boxes, perhaps has a special deck thing, perhaps something new.

And that exactly is the reason why so many people fell for WPM's April Fools Prank. The "EX Power-Up Collections" that he made up are a perfectly feasible product that TPCi could certainly release, especially as a way to release some of the reprint cards from the Premium Champion Set in English.

Back