Ex: Elemental Error

FireMeowth

filthy shipping trash
EX: Elemental Error

In the land of Tolqua, an experiment has gone wrong. Totally wrong. When the researchers of Qua City’s lab tried to create a giant dragon Pokémon – which they were to name Andesha - with the use of fossils, the many Pokémon around the region got affected by the beams of light coming from the laboratory. All Pokémon hit by the light changed type, and so did their attacks. Now it’s up to you to master the new type Pokémon and moves, and stop the disastrous beams...

This is a preview of my next set, EX: Elemental Error.
The set will include 92 cards, and over 40 of them are ¤ Elemental Species cards.
The set is, for now (mostly because of my suckish faking skills), only going to be in spoilers. When finished, I can try to do it myself, or get help from someone else.
Anyways...
The set will most likely be finished in the end of September, hopefully the 28th, to celebrate both the release of D/P in japan, and the release of my set. Yay.

Here is the first Elemental Species card in the set:

#2. Arcanine ¤ Elemental Species 90 HP ( L )

Stage 1 Pokémon (Evolves from Growlithe).

Poké-power: Elemental Disaster
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this power. Put 2 damage counters on all Pokémon with a ¤ on it’s card in play. Then, discard the top card of each player’s deck.

( W )( W )( C )Flamethrower 50
Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokémon is now Burned.

Weakness ( W )     Resistance (None)     Retreat Cost ( C )( C )Rarity: Holo Rare

Attack is not suitable.... I would suggest this:

Arcanine
90HP Lightning

Elemental Disaster

Once during your turn, you may discard each players top card of the deck, if its an Energy card, discard it, if its a Pokemon, you may put it on your bench, if its a trainer, shuffle it back to the deck. ( Effect is up to you, can be cumalative or not)

(C)(C) Body Slam 30

Flip a coin, if heads the defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

(L)(L)(C) Thunderbolt 70

Discard All (L) Energy attached to Arcanine or this attack does nothing.

Weakness: Water
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost:1

But the attacks are not to be changed, just types change.
Arcanine's Flamethrower has changed type to Water, and therefore needs Water Energy instead of Fire. I will change the retreat cost, but to 2, not 1. That's what you call to go too far.

I like the original one. It's different... completely different to what we would normally see. A Lightning type, which has a Fire types weakness that uses Water energy to attack which can burn. Interesting combination. I think Elemental Disaster should place 2 counters and not 3... 3 is a bit too much I think.

Nice work.

10/10 for originality and balance.

Thank you for your advice, I thought that it should place 2 damage counters in the first place, but I chose 3 until I got advice from you guys. (Cool avatar, by the way(Petey Piranha rules!!))

FireMeowth said:
(Cool avatar, by the way(Petey Piranha rules!!))
Thanks. It's actually not Petey (well it is). I reworked the colours in Paint (yes... Paint) and did a little bit of changes and I call him Patey, lol. I refer to him a Petey's cousin, the good piranha plant. The character isnt real, just a little bit of fun for role playing.

RE:   Ex: Elemental Error

Abhorsen said:
FireMeowth said:
(Cool avatar, by the way(Petey Piranha rules!!))
Thanks. It's actually not Petey (well it is). I reworked the colours in Paint (yes... Paint) and did a little bit of changes and I call him Patey, lol. I refer to him a Petey's cousin, the good piranha plant. The character isnt real, just a little bit of fun for role playing.
(Umm... Cool avatar, by the wat(Patey Piranha rules!!)) :p

Back