'Evolving Skies' Build & Battle Stadium Box Revealed -- Plus the Prerelease Promos!

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
That's gonna be the most expensive Flaaffy ever. And baby birds huh? Hope they're good. Eternatus needs a new free retreater, and Shadow Rider needs a non-V attacker.

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
12 boosters, essential supplies, two prerelease promos, and everything in between? Sign me up!

Porigon

Aspiring Trainer
How is this so exciting? Isn't 3 Build and Battle boxes better than this? For the same price you are getting dice and markets over an extra promo card and Evolution pack ‍♂️

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I'd like to point out this is selling Build & Battle boxes to consumers after prerelease, which before were limited to just stock left over after the Prerelease is over. We'll have to wait to actually see how numerous these will be in stock, but they might potentially tank the long-term value of B&B boxes and promos. Imagine if they sold Jirachi or Charizard B&B boxes after release date - they wouldn't be nearly as chased.
Is this good? I'm not sure - part of the Prerelease hype was getting a unique card, which is not going to be the case anymore. While some B&B were chased (especially with prereleases gone), they couldn't legally be sold separately before release date, meaning you were guaranteed to get some by just attending a prerelease, putting more players at the tables at their LGSes.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Best product since the Trainers Toolkit.
A two player prerelease? What a genius idea! And if it makes prerelease promos more affordable, then all the better!
It also shows that TPCI is willing to invest in upgrading their drafting format and the line of products supporting it. You know how sometimes the first step towards any goal is sometimes one of the hardest? Well, now they’ve made that first step!

Also, when’s the last time that evolving Pokémon have appeared as modern prerelease promos?
Emphasis on modern; anything that didn’t have a stamp and a different piece of artwork and three siblings doesn’t count. (In other words, BreakThrough onward.). The answer, to the best of my knowledge, is never. Well, they couldn’t have picked a better time to break tradition!
Also, when’s the last time that all three members of a legendary trio have appeared in a single prerelease promo set... let alone with an evolving stage 1? Wait, does THAT mean...
(Adding Flaaffy to the list of pseudo-legendaries along with Ultra Beasts, Arcanine, and every Stage 2 Pokémon with a base stat total of 600.
P.S. I would like to say that Ultra Beast are legendary Pokémon proper, but I can’t think of any official content that has confirmed that to be the case. If anyone thinks of any, please let me know.
P.S.S. I know that these footnotes are becoming progressively less relevant and more off-topic, but does anyone have any idea what Water Pokémon Master’s dream meant?

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
121 energy seems odd since there are only 9 basic energy types, so since 121 is 11², so some of those cards are probably gonna be Special Energy Cards.

I'd like to point out this is selling Build & Battle boxes to consumers after prerelease, which before were limited to just stock left over after the Prerelease is over. We'll have to wait to actually see how numerous these will be in stock, but they might potentially tank the long-term value of B&B boxes and promos. Imagine if they sold Jirachi or Charizard B&B boxes after release date - they wouldn't be nearly as chased.
Is this good? I'm not sure - part of the Prerelease hype was getting a unique card, which is not going to be the case anymore. While some B&B were chased (especially with prereleases gone), they couldn't legally be sold separately before release date, meaning you were guaranteed to get some by just attending a prerelease, putting more players at the tables at their LGSes.
As a collector with a very tight budget I’m probably biased, but in my opinion it’s always better to make a card less of a collectors item rather than more, because then more people can get that card. I would also like to remind you that part of the hype is the DRAFTING experience, which now can be experienced by more people who can buy this box after the event is over and play it with a friend or family member... or three, or five, or seven, or more, depending on how many boxes you get and whether or not you have more than one real-life friend. The third hype factor is being able to see and use these cards before anyone else (ignore the fact that most of the cards have been revealed on Pokébeach by then, most people won’t be following Pokébeach.) and being able to USE those cards for the first time, and I can’t see that this disrupts that hype factor.