'Evolving Skies,' August's English TCG Set!

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
So the real question is, which Rayquaza will it be? We've only really seen 2 Big Basic Ray concepts used since BW, so will it be....

(insert drum roll here)

#1: Stack 2 different types of Energy (and maybe discard them) to do big damage Rayquaza

ooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#2: Make a big bench to do big damage because TPC already forgot Eternatus VMAX exists and does the same thing Rayquaza

My guess is on #1.

You guys are forgetting Rayquaza will most definitely be a Rapid Strike card, and those types of big attacks with OHKO potential are more akin to the Single Strike side of things, so it will probably be something different for it this time, hopefully something interesting. I love Rayquaza.

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
Please tell me by the name "evolving skies" they make single prize evolution decks good again

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Please tell me by the name "evolving skies" they make single prize evolution decks good again
images

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
Makes sense everyone would be so excited for the Duraludon cards in this set. Won't be overshadowed by any other Pokemon, nope.

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
They really should be slowing down new expansions until things are better under control on the scalping front.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
gengar and inteleon will be released in the same deck plus box style as venusaur and blastoise

15 vmax - 8 eevees, plus 3 sky stream 3 towering perfection is 14, plus dracozolt is 15

18 Vs - 15 previously mentioned Vmax Vs plus 3 of 7 potential Vs (3 non-vmax Vs in each set plus arctovish. i imagine it'll be arctovish plus 2 of the remaining 6 Vs, i presume dragonite and noivern as they wont get vmaxes)
edit: dragonite and noivern confirmed in the set description whoops. from here on in if any V doesnt have a VMAX in the upcoming japanese sets we won't get it in english for a while

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Rip no Dragon Special Energy, says only one special energy and that's Dream Energy. :(

Well it does say "new" Special Energy rather than one. It could be that TPC plans to simply reprint DDE rather than give Dragon a whole new Energy card, we will see soon enough.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Rip no Dragon Special Energy, says only one special energy and that's Dream Energy. :(

You mean Treasure Energy? It's Dream Ball and Treasure Energy, perfectly understandable mix-up lol. I for one was not particularly keen on the prospect of a new Dragon Energy, probably because I feel like there's a ludicrous amount of special energies in standard already, also, the most recent ones, Spiral and Impact haven't been particularly interesting. And dragons not having weaknesses is already good enough that the least they should have to do is work to fulfil their silly attack costs. Double Dragon reprint would be the silliest and most lazy outcome of all, thankfully I'm almost 100% positive it won't happen.

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
It’s very likely The July sets have more than 1 VMAX in them. These divided sets have had 2 or 3 each in the past, so let’s assume 2 for now just cause the numbers work. If that’s so then we have the 8 Eeveloutions + 4 SS/TP VMAX + Gengar/Inteleon VMAX from the Japanese decks + the cut Dracozolt VMAX = 15 VMAX Pokemon. This likely means that Rillaboom VMAX and Cinderace VMAX will be saved for the 25th anniversary set, November set or Promo Cards.

As for Pokemon V, you can likely bet that there will be at least a couple more non evolving V’s coming in SS/TP. Unfortunately that likely means they will all be saved for November as the 15 VMAX mentioned above will all need their V’s. Dragonite V and Noivern V are confirmed, throw in the cut Arctovish V and that makes 18.

As for the set itself 134 (SS/TP) + 69 (Eevee Heroes) + 4 (Eevee VMAXs not in EH) + 7 (Gengar, Inteleon, Dracozolt VMAX lines and Arctovish V) = 214 Cards. Which honestly makes me feel like a few of these cards will be cut or the announcement would have said over 210 cards instead of over 200. That being said 214 is still over 200 and maybe TPCi just wanted to use the number 200 cause it packs a punch. Who knows?

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Double Dragon reprint would be the silliest and most lazy outcome of all, thankfully I'm almost 100% positive it won't happen.

DDE would honestly be disgusting in Standard if it got the reprint. While Ray doesn't have a use for it Noivern V gets to use it to hit 180 for 1 and the requirement to match hand sizes is easily attained. Dragonite V does 250 for 2 attachments (including DDE), which is the same amount as Ice Rider but without discards or the burden of evolution and it combos neatly with Drampa. Duraludon Vmax hits similar numbers but has a useful ability and the backing of Houndoom. The Apples would love DDE as well for easy access to their second attack.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
It’s very likely The July sets have more than 1 VMAX in them. These divided sets have had 2 or 3 each in the past, so let’s assume 2 for now just cause the numbers work. If that’s so then we have the 8 Eeveloutions + 4 SS/TP VMAX + Gengar/Inteleon VMAX from the Japanese decks + the cut Dracozolt VMAX = 15 VMAX Pokemon. This likely means that Rillaboom VMAX and Cinderace VMAX will be saved for the 25th anniversary set, November set or Promo Cards.

As for Pokemon V, you can likely bet that there will be at least a couple more non evolving V’s coming in SS/TP. Unfortunately that likely means they will all be saved for November as the 15 VMAX mentioned above will all need their V’s. Dragonite V and Noivern V are confirmed, throw in the cut Arctovish V and that makes 18.

As for the set itself 134 (SS/TP) + 69 (Eevee Heroes) + 4 (Eevee VMAXs not in EH) + 7 (Gengar, Inteleon, Dracozolt VMAX lines and Arctovish V) = 214 Cards. Which honestly makes me feel like a few of these cards will be cut or the announcement would have said over 210 cards instead of over 200. That being said 214 is still over 200 and maybe TPCi just wanted to use the number 200 cause it packs a punch. Who knows?
It's 3 VMAX per set. Only exception is Eevee heroes with 4. Matchless Fighters had 3, Jet-black Spirit and Silver Lance had 3 each, Single Strike and Rapid Strike Master had 3 each. Unless they cut 2 VMAX for Gengar and Inteleon it's not happening, but the rumour is that they'll end up like the Venusaur and Blastoise VMAX anyway. as for their alt arts, probably tacked onto our November set