'Evolving Skies,' August's English TCG Set!

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Damn, I'm actually really scared for the 25th anniversary set. At the rate the scalping and hype are going, the scramble to snatch up that set could prove to be FATAL. I'm not liking where this is going...

In the meantime, I'm with UrGardevoir here. They've been KILLING it with the graphic design and logos lately! I'm eagerly awaiting the full set lists to see if the cards live up to the hype of the logo!

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
This is gonna be a hybrid of Eevee Heroes and the Rayquaza and Duraludon sets.
Should have known it earlier, there’s even an Eevee card with Rayquaza on it. Just because a Hoothoot with Zapdos Articuno and Moltres on it in the same JAPANESE set as the Tag Team GX of that name didn’t make it into that GXs ENGLISH set doesn’t discount the possibility that an Eevee featuring a flagship Pokémon from an upcoming set indicates that Eevee’s set and the referenced sets will be combined for English release.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
So the real question is, which Rayquaza will it be? We've only really seen 2 Big Basic Ray concepts used since BW, so will it be....

(insert drum roll here)

#1: Stack 2 different types of Energy (and maybe discard them) to do big damage Rayquaza

ooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#2: Make a big bench to do big damage because TPC already forgot Eternatus VMAX exists and does the same thing Rayquaza

My guess is on #1.

ELTRENDY BEAST

Aspiring Trainer
So the real question is, which Rayquaza will it be? We've only really seen 2 Big Basic Ray concepts used since BW, so will it be....

(insert drum roll here)

#1: Stack 2 different types of Energy (and maybe discard them) to do big damage Rayquaza

ooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#2: Make a big bench to do big damage because TPC already forgot Eternatus VMAX exists and does the same thing Rayquaza

My guess is on #1.
Or does damage for each energy in play.

Macke

Master of deckbuilding
Prediction: A set with evolving in its name will make no effort to promote evolving decks

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Prediction: A set with evolving in its name will make no effort to promote evolving decks

TPC: "But..... But.... VMAX's are evolved Pokemon, we definitely support them! Oh wait, you mean the non-rule box ones? Yeah, they aren't flashy and in your face enough and don't have BIG #'s, so we pretend they don't exist."

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I'm going to feel so stupid at my local store saying "yes I would like 4 E V O L V I N G S K I E S booster packs please"

that name is just a bit too cheesy and forced for me, yeah the eeveelutions and Rayquaza are in the set we get it TPCi

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
If this is the Eeveelution set, I'd be pretty disappointed. Yeah, it's fun to get these cards faster, but the Japanese side of things finally gives their set some flavor and it's a shame the International version has to play second fiddle to that.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
I hope the Shaymin from Peerless Fighters is one of the cards cut from Chilling Reign to be put into Evolving Skies.

Aladdinisking

Aspiring Trainer
Damn, I'm actually really scared for the 25th anniversary set. At the rate the scalping and hype are going, the scramble to snatch up that set could prove to be FATAL. I'm not liking where this is going...

In the meantime, I'm with UrGardevoir here. They've been KILLING it with the graphic design and logos lately! I'm eagerly awaiting the full set lists to see if the cards live up to the hype of the logo!

I don’t see a reason to be afraid. Even if scalping is bad, Pokemon will print the set for years (quite literally). Up until fall of 2020, people were still complaining that evolution packs were being put in US boxes.