News Evolved Starter Pokemon and More Revealed for 'Sun' and 'Moon'!

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I'm agreeing with everyone else about the leaks, I'll probably go with Litten on my main game and Rowlet on my secondary.

Also, did anyone else notice the kneading animation done for Torracat? You gotta love it when GF adds some real-life behavior to Pokemon.

LiftoffLizard

Hoenn Nerd
Go away, Ash-Greninja. Noone likes you anyway.
*gives standing ovation
*Simply stares at the emo owl

Also, now we can use z-move with overpowered megas to one shot anything :p. Not to mention that they have ruined the poppolio line by making a horrible looking stage 1. I will choose poppolio and keep it from evolving most likely.

Mudkipfan12

Mudbray!
And Brionne...wow. It's so PRECIOUS! And frilly! And aquamarine! And happy!
Exactly!!!!!! I loved popplio so much before, and I love it even more now!!

Actually, not to be nitpicky or anything, but it's "dart" and "Strix", the genus name for certain species of owls.
also, what do you think torra means? I thought terra at first and was getting my hopes up for fire / rock or ground, but now I think it means terror.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Exactly!!!!!! I loved popplio so much before, and I love it even more now!!

also, what do you think torra means? I thought terra at first and was getting my hopes up for fire / rock or ground, but now I think it means terror.
Torrar which is Spanish for Roast

Xemik

Trash battler
However, why the 87.5% chance of it being male? Why not an 87.5 percent of her being female, because look at her! Pigtails, a dress, and she's the kriffing Pop Star Pokémon! I don't get life! (Also, I hate pop music and all things related to it, but Brionne's final evo is amazing.)

I completely agree, and hate when they do that! It makes me have to reset my game a billion times just to get a female

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
So you can't use mega evolution anymore for WC anymore. Why was this done? No reason at all for it to be removed. Guess I'm not playing VGC anymore. They need to stop this crap.
Megas in VGC was the biggest mistake ever made by GF. Megas created a toxic environment that really ruined the VGC for the past three years. I stopped playing when Mega Kang started its uprising, but now that theyre gone, ill come back. Megas are cool if they werent so god damn over powered. Like WTF is up with being to attack twice. They took feedback from competitive players and most of us didnt want them back. They didnt create any diversity, because there was 3 good megas and the rest stood in their shadows. One person made it into top 8 at the world finals with a mega that wasnt kang, salamance or ray. That person was running manectric, but he was also running both primals which is a argument upon itself. Im thankful that megas arent gonna cancer up the scene and we can finally see some change in the meta

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Megas in VGC was the biggest mistake ever made by GF. Megas created a toxic environment that really ruined the VGC for the past three years. I stopped playing when Mega Kang started its uprising, but now that theyre gone, ill come back. Megas are cool if they werent so god damn over powered. Like WTF is up with being to attack twice. They took feedback from competitive players and most of us didnt want them back. They didnt create any diversity, because there was 3 good megas and the rest stood in their shadows. One person made it into top 8 at the world finals with a mega that wasnt kang, salamance or ray. That person was running manectric, but he was also running both primals which is a argument upon itself. Im thankful that megas arent gonna cancer up the scene and we can finally see some change in the meta

Again, that isn't a problem with Mega Evolution. The issue was with balance. They allowed the use of Pokemon with 670+ blase stats that could gain an additional 100 if people chose to use them (and they did) and people chose to use the best megas around, which is no different than people using the best Pokemon around so we should just ban all the Pokemon right? Guess that means there's no VGC this year since no Pokemon are allowed to be used. The other issue is they refuse to do anything modern game developers do and patch the game for balance post release and in ANY OTHER game if a character or weapon was too good and created balance issue, they would have been patched out long ago.

Mega Pidgeot wasn't the issue with VGC. Vaporeon and Zangoose weren't the issue with VGC. The issue with VGC was poorly designed rules ran by a company that has no respect for Pokemon (refusing to actually balance within the same game), the players (allowing timer stalling despite what the rules say) or what it means to be competitive (a mixture of the last two).

The simple solution here is to just ban those mega stones and ban the use of "uber" legendary Pokemon and make hot patches to the game and Pokemon when something is out of balance.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY EVALUTAIONS:
  • New Pokemon:
  1. Dartrix - Kinda cool. The design reminds me of Justin Bieber before he gets matured. The bio is impressive. The dart part kinda gives me a hint on the Chinese leaks. (Hopefully, it is not true.)
  2. Torracat - Also cool. Emits fire in his bell makes me "Awwgh!". I highly doubted that this will be ANOTHER FIRE-FIGHTING Pokemon due to its bio.
  3. Brionne - I keep pronouncing "Bra-yo-nee" than "Bree-yon". It's unique. Anyways, I like the category that it is a Pop Star Pokemon. The bio fits in it.
  • Stuffs:
  1. Festival Plaza - Cool. Fastest way to earn coins to customize ourselves.
  2. Poke Pelago - Also cool! Coolest way to look after the Pokemons in your PC. I wonder if it is applied to the .... "Hugh!" anime.
  3. Mega Evos - MEGAS ARE BACK! WHOHOO! Oh well. They're aren't allowed to the championships.
  4. Ash-Greninja - I'm glad that we can see him in games, and my conlcusion to my hypothesis is Ash-Greninja is not a Mega. It is a new form of Greninja.
  5. Why this special demo version is set on my birthday??!!

TheRealBro..

Or, maybe, they could just change the ratios to 50/50, and let people be able to have a female starter, on top of letting them choose between a feminine-looking starter, a masculine-looking starter or a neutral-looking starter? Everybody wins.

Because, I don't know about you, but things like charizard, blastoise, venusaur, feraligatr, typhlosion, blaziken, sceptile, swampert, infernape, empoleon, torterra, emboar, samurott and chesnaught don't exactly scream "gender neutral" to me. They're fairly masculine and aggressive-looking, if you ask me. More animal-like than human-like, yes, but still masculine; masculinity is more than just muscles and beards.
But, wait a minute, if those are all masculine, aren't those... almost all the starters so far? Hm. It's almost like starters are specifically oriented towards male-related characteristics in their design. But no, I'm sure it's not on purpose, they can all be females after a... oh, right, on a 12.5% chance. 1 in 10.

I guess you are right as far as the percentages go (only 12,5 percent female) which indeed is weird if you think about it. I think they did this simply to make breeding harder. I remember having to breed for hours because getting the female was so hard.. Still, I don't think this is the case as far as looks go because a female venusaur/blastoise/charizard would not be awkward at all. I get your point, but they seem a lot more neutral to me then those Fire/Fighting types and now the seel with skirt. Three neutral Pokemon (with 50/50 chances of being either male or female) would be ideal. You want to pick between three starters, not one or two because the other one is to manly/girlish (just my opinion).

Drokas

Who cares?
It's about time we have our first feminine-looking water starter, it was the only type lacking (Fire - Delphox line; Grass - Meganium line and maybeee Serperior to an extent).
I believe it's safe to say that the majority of the Pokémon community prefer them more masculine or at least gender-neutral, but it's nice to see them trying to please the other percentage of the fans.

I'm not necessarily feeling ̶B̶r̶i̶e̶n̶n̶e̶ Brionne overall design but that last siren/selkie evolution makes it up for me (still going with the Robin Archer xP).

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Since I don't think anyone answered this yet:

Did they mention if the demo was gonna be available to everyone this time around, or was it gonna be like ORAS where select people got to play it.

It'll be available for everyone. You can just download it from the eShop like any other demo.

Turquoise

Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
Guys...if the leaks are any indication, Litten's final form is supposed to be Fire/Dark, not Fighting. So far, the Chinese leaks have been accurate (minus the Alolan Alakazam and Arcanine) so I'm still keeping up hope!

But the Chinese leaks didn't mention anything about Alolan Alakazam or Arcanine.

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
So the starters. Liking the look Dartrix and Torracat... not so much Brionne (the name reminds me a little too much of GoT? And I don't like the design). Having only just now looked at the "leaks" of the final evolutions, I'm liking the look of Grass more than Fire for one reason... The Fire one looks like it could be Fire/Fighting, in which case I'll scream! Fire/Dark I could definitely live with, and Fire/Steel even more so! It does look cool, though. But the Grass one is an owl archer?? Very Disney's Robin Hood meets Arrow! Loving it if that's even vaguely accurate. Any road, I'm getting both versions so I'll likely do Grass in one and Fire in another.

Festival Plaza: I may use it, I may not. Don't have much else to say on it at this point. I didn't use Join Avenue, though.

Poké Pelago: Seems pretty neat, especially if they can find Evolution stones and other stuff you actually might need.

Megas: I used megas in XY and ORAS because I could, but I'm not crazy on them, so it wouldn't bother me if we didn't get any new ones. And I don't play competitively, so I don't have any strong opinions regarding them in that respect, either.

Ash-Greninja: So I don't watch the anime, and I wondered what on earth Ash-Greninja was all about when it was released as a TCG promo a while back - glad to have an explanation now haha! As for it being in the game, I think it looks kinda cool and I'll definitely be playing the demo to get it (and anything else cool the demo may offer up). I love Greninja.

As I've said I don't play VG competitively, purely for fun and obsession of catching them all, so I can't comment on the GL updates.

Global missions: Not a lot of info to go on really, sounds like an interesting concept, though.

Sashlyr

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, now I really want to se if the starters have another evolution like rockruff.
But if they end up with the evos of the leak, I can live with that. I'll pet my Dartrix every day and take care of his hair-leaf to raise a wanderful owl archer :D

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
I liked these reveals:

Dartrix: A funny bird that has grown on me a bit now.

Torracat: Really nice Pokémon. I probably will pick Litten at my first walkthrough, like I decided quite some time ago.

Brionne: I like it. This will probably be my 2nd choice. Wonder what the name's origin? Brine and (what?).

Maybe each of these will have different evolution/looks depending on the gender? Something like Meowstic/Pyroar?

Ash-Greninja: Yeah, this I really like! Really looking forward to it. :D Thaty demo I will surely get!

Festival Plaza: The new PSS? It's really cool. I will probably be there a lot, trading and shopping. I battle rarely.

Poké Pelago: Yes, this is cool, too. It reminds me a bit of Pokémon Box, or whatever it's called, on GameCube. GA lot of mini games, it seems.

Updated Global Link: I like Global Missions in it. But, hopefully it will last for some time (maybe more than one day) every time something like that occurs, since I probably won't be able to be on PGL all the time. It would be a pity if I miss them, just because I can't be there at the exact time it's released.

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
I liked these reveals:

Dartrix: A funny bird that has grown on me a bit now.

Torracat: Really nice Pokémon. I probably will pick Litten at my first walkthrough, like I decided quite some time ago.

Brionne: I like it. This will probably be my 2nd choice. Wonder what the name's origin? Brine and (what?).

Maybe each of these will have different evolution/looks depending on the gender? Something like Meowstic/Pyroar?

Ash-Greninja: Yeah, this I really like! Really looking forward to it. :D Thaty demo I will surely get!

Festival Plaza: The new PSS? It's really cool. I will probably be there a lot, trading and shopping. I battle rarely.

Poké Pelago: Yes, this is cool, too. It reminds me a bit of Pokémon Box, or whatever it's called, on GameCube. GA lot of mini games, it seems.

Updated Global Link: I like Global Missions in it. But, hopefully it will last for some time (maybe more than one day) every time something like that occurs, since I probably won't be able to be on PGL all the time. It would be a pity if I miss them, just because I can't be there at the exact time it's released.
According to info released a while back, Rockruff and the starters "shared a secret". As Lyranroc has version exclusive forms, I'm afraid that the starter evos are version exclusive.

Last edited:

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
According to info released a while back, Rockruff and the starters "shared a secret". As Lyranroc has version exclusive forms, I'm afraid that the starter egos are version exclusive.
The secret could also be that they serve a larger role in the overarching plot, but that's just my speculation :confused:

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
According to info released a while back, Rockruff and the starters "shared a secret". As Lyranroc has version exclusive forms, I'm afraid that the starter egos are version exclusive.

Apparently that quote was misinterpreted and meant to say something about Rockruff having its own secret whilst the three starters share one between them. Although it would be interesting to see version exclusive starter evolutions (or version exclusive forms for the evolutions).