News Evolved Starter Pokemon and More Revealed for 'Sun' and 'Moon'!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Precisely, hence why I was hoping we could transform any Greninja (like the one I bred with good IVs) but yeah, I noticed now Battle Bond is an ability. And speaking of that: Why the hell are they making all the new forms be Ability and in-battle dependent??? Can't they just create Key Items like the Reveal Glass or the DNA Splicers? Being battle-only is already a bummer, but being ability-dependent compromises the viability of Perfect Zygarde and Ash-Greninja...
I agree although it kind of makes sense because in the anime Ash doesn't use an item to synchro evolve or whatever they call it

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
So you can't use mega evolution anymore for WC anymore. Why was this done? No reason at all for it to be removed. Guess I'm not playing VGC anymore. They need to stop this crap.

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey
While disappointed that Litten does become the big wrestler, I'm over the moon happy about the "No mega Stones allowed" clause of VGC2017. *waves the Team Rowlet flag*

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
Popplio... you... you... just... stole my heart. The leaks were true. I am getting a siren seal. Festival Plaza is so awesome. Playing with other players, not just by battling? Pokémon Pelago is a reason they need more boxes and TMs. Megas are back. And ASH-GRENINJA? THE PSYDUCK? No... nonononono. They could've had potential, like trainer based Pokémon, but just Ash-Greninja. Do I look like a 10 year old boy to you, Nintendo? But Rental Teams will finally give me a chance to play competitive Pokémon without Showdown! October 14th, here I come!

EDIT: Wait, no Mega Stones in VGC? Aww.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Precisely, hence why I was hoping we could transform any Greninja (like the one I bred with good IVs) but yeah, I noticed now Battle Bond is an ability. And speaking of that: Why the hell are they making all the new forms be Ability and in-battle dependent??? Can't they just create Key Items like the Reveal Glass or the DNA Splicers? Being battle-only is already a bummer, but being ability-dependent compromises the viability of Perfect Zygarde and Ash-Greninja...
Isn't there a way to raise IVs this upcoming Gen? Yes my curiosity got the better of me:
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-au/max-out-your-pokemon-with-hyper-training/
So IV Breeding won't be as bad and getting some good IVs will help the Bottle Caps will be useful to make it not as painful. Unless those are painful to get.

It's unorthodox to have the transformation abilities they are odd choices.

So you can't use mega evolution anymore for WC anymore. Why was this done? No reason at all for it to be removed. Guess I'm not playing VGC anymore. They need to stop this crap.

They don't want to give reasons for forbidding certain Megas and not others so they rather just sweep it under the rug for this year by banning all of them. It's like how they keep having ways to get Soul Dew despite how bonkers it is. Most also pushing Z Moves as well so we can preform our best Ginyu Force poses.

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey

I find it much better this way. Now we won't see the same Pokemon 99% of the time and have to deal with hundreds of Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Gengar. And yes, there was a reason. Mega Pokemon broke the competitive scene. If you were using one of the three mentioned Megas, you weren't going to do as well as someone who did.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
The Greninja that "evolves" into Ash-Greninja has a new Ability !!! *mind blown*

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I find it much better this way. Now we won't see the same Pokemon 99% of the time and have to deal with hundreds of Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Gengar. And yes, there was a reason. Mega Pokemon broke the competitive scene. If you were using one of the three mentioned Megas, you weren't going to do as well as someone who did.

I feel like GF is learning from their perceived mistake with Mega Stones and created Z-Stones to be the somewhat nerfed compromise.

Kind of like how they got rid of all the type gems from Gen V and only left us with the Normal Gem.

Unyubaby

Birb of Prey
I feel like GF is learning from their perceived mistake with Mega Stones and created Z-Stones to be the somewhat nerfed compromise.

Kind of like how they got rid of all the type gems from Gen V and only left us with the Normal Gem.

I agree. The Z-Moves feel like a more balanced mechanic. Sure it's probably close to a 1HKO, but it's only once per battle unlike a Mega that can 1HKO every turn.

TheRealBro..

If littens final evolution is a fire- fighting type to fit with the "wrestling cat" persona, I may quit Pokemon. Forever

I know exactly what you mean.. Can not beleave it either. I like Pokemon too much to let it go but I'm crying deep inside. Emboar was a complete let down after Blaziken and Infernape and now they do it again? They could have done so many interesting things with Litten's design (Fire/Dark panther?) but they go the path of the muscular, probably weird looking, fire/fighting mon .. Sigh

I'm also a little annoyed with the girly water starter.. I miss the first generations starters where these ''manly/girly'' Pokemon were absent. For example, you get a male Poplio and it evolves in to Brionne.. Kind of weird, no? Well, it is what it is.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Did they mention if the demo was gonna be available to everyone this time around, or was it gonna be like ORAS where select people got to play it.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Oh come on, if this doesn't confirm the starter leaks to people I don't know what will.

-Brionne is literally the in between form for Popplio and the final. It looks like it, and it's even feminine.

-Torracat's little bell thing looks to change into the belt it has, not to mention the color schemes match up now.

-Dartrix also helped a lot. It's name. Dart tricks. Rowlet's final uses its leaves as darts.

While not officially. Starter leaks confirmed. Come on, it is at this point. And I was in the 5% of people who believed it could be real from the start (or at least hoped so).

-Yay! The demo is October 18th! I'm hyping for that right now like there's no tomorrow! And Ash-Greninja being in the game is the perfect way to remind us all of the best season of the anime TO DATE (this coming from a Hoenn fan, and Serena hater)!

-Mega Evolution stopping is fine. I liked it, but honestly Alolan Forms are 10 times cooler.

-The Poke-peligo looks really awesome! My PC Pokemon can do stuff now, so they're not living in computer code for months on end, making the PC seem more like a transfer system, simply sending it to a different location. I like it! :D

-The plaza thing seems cool. It actually looks like a Join Avenue from B2W2 return, and that was perhaps my favorite thing about those games.

This coming from a person who's always held Generation 3 at their heart, I honestly think Generation 7 will take the cake of becoming my favorite Pokemon generation. So many new things like no gyms, night day cycle differs, etc. (there's just so much of it)! I've never ever considered Generations 4, 5, or 6 to ever take the number 1 spot, but I really think Sun and Moon is going to start off the best generation to ever be put out by Pokemon.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I know exactly what you mean.. Can not beleave it either. I like Pokemon too much to let it go but I'm crying deep inside. Emboar was a complete let down after Blaziken and Infernape and now they do it again? They could have done so many interesting things with Litten's design (Fire/Dark panther?) but they go the path of the muscular, probably weird looking, fire/fighting mon .. Sigh

I agree with you. Litten's final evolution has practically been confirmed at this point, and I agree. It's a let down, but Pokemon is too much of a necessity in my life to ever let it go, at least for a long while. I just have one thing to say here. Litten's evo is Fire/Dark. Sure, it looks Fire/Fighting, but just by looking at the colors of those big letters, you know the typings are obviously Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fairy (probably designed around the goal of having the advantage against the Generation 6 finals).

TheRealBro..

I agree with you. Litten's final evolution has practically been confirmed at this point, and I agree. It's a let down, but Pokemon is too much of a necessity in my life to ever let it go, at least for a long while. I just have one thing to say here. Litten's evo is Fire/Dark. Sure, it looks Fire/Fighting, but just by looking at the colors of those big letters, you know the typings are obviously Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fairy (probably designed around the goal of having the advantage against the Generation 6 finals).

Makes sense. I hope you are right, that would at least make it's typing interesting since it would be the first physical Fire/Dark type. Anyway, it's the same with me. I love that the franchise is still going strong after so many years, and there's still enough to like about these upcoming games! In recent generations, I usually dump my starter Pokemon pretty soon anyway.. Good old days when your Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur was your everything, all the way to lvl. 100.

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Random Litten/Torracat Speculation time!

I was just looking up some stuff for Torracat, until I came across something called "Iron Shirt", and I was thinking about Litten3's leaked evo which depicts having a gray torso. Looking closer, its as if it was wearing a sleeveless shirt made of iron fur or something. If so, it just so happens that "Iron Shirt" is a chinese martial arts form, namely this:

From Wikipedia:
Iron Shirt is a form of hard style martial art exercise for protecting the human body from impacts in a fight. This is one of the 72 arts of the Shaolin Temple. Some martial arts are based on the idea that a correctly trained body can withstand more damage than one that is untrained. Iron Shirt is said to be a series of exercises using many post stances, herbs, qigong and body movements to cause the body's natural energy (qi) to reinforce its structural strength. Practitioners believe that directing energy to parts of the body can reinforce these parts of the body to take blows against them. In the Shaolin version of Iron Shirt, the practitioner would do things such as lying on a stump or supporting tablets of granite on the chest with the goal of toughening the body.

What is more interesting, is that one of its variations is named Hǔ Xiào Jīn Zhōng Zhào, which translates to "Tiger Shouting Golden Bell Exercise". Sound familiar no? Indeed, Torracat is a adolescent tiger cub who happens to depict a golden bell, otherwise its flame sac. Maybe its just me, but I think this fits nicely with the Wrestler theme and if true, makes the evolution more sense wise. Perhaps....Litten3's Evo is a...Fire/Steel Heel wrestler, instead of the commonly guessed Fire/Dark type?

I also heard that wrestlers wearing iron vests is considered illegal too. If so, that would be another plus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_shirt

RedT

Aspiring Trainer
Dartrix is vile, that was my one hope among the starters until now.

Guess I'm releasing it and transferring in an Eevee starter again.

NinjaBem

Aspiring Trainer
Dartrix is an Emo worried teenager. . .LOL Dartrix is OK so far as design goes. Torracat is really cool and Brionne is well, uh, a very unique design. Is surprised me definitely but I do like them all. Remember people, if those leaks are real (which they probably are) about the starter final evolutions, they're not the final designs.