News Evolved Starter Pokemon and More Revealed for 'Sun' and 'Moon'!

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
I really like all of the starter evos, especially Littens!

Festival Plaza and Poke Pelago are pretty cool as well! I really like all of these random new features we're getting.

Mega Evolution is nice, but I don't think we're getting any new megas.

Yay, a demo! I'm excited to finally get Ash-Greninja.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Well, popplio it is, then; who would have thought I'd end up picking not just the "clown", but the "pop star pokemon"? I don't like her eyes a lot, though, nor the ponytail-like appendages but, I love the little dress, and I've seen the likely third stage already.

The other two are... weird; decent, but weird; dartrix seems to take the dandy aspect to heart a little too much, perhaps; it's so creepy when it opens its eyes in Amie.
And the cat, meh, it's a burly housecat; obviously its bell will become a belt later on (oh, god, please tell me that's not because of the pun).

Sentret_C

Aspiring Trainer
A team skull member runs a shop in Festival Plaza. Guess it means they become good guys finally.

Attachments

• team skull.png
    team skull.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Also, yay to the "Your Time" sistem for battles. 60 seconds per turn, and when you end your 10 minutes you lose. No more against-the-rules-but-not-sanctioned-anyway timer stalling (like at Worlds).

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I really hope the Chinese final starter Pokémon leaks Will not become reality!!
Sorry, but the leaks you mentioned are nearly guaranteed to be (at best one of the two) final evolutions. While they are vaguely connected to the basic starters, the stage 1s introduce motifs and patters that are too similar to the leaked finals to be coincidental, namely the dress on Poplio, the fire bell that shares colors with the belt, the projectile weapon detail from the description.

Instead, hope that the secret they share with Rockruff being multiple final evos.

Purrloin

So happy Torracat remained a quadruped. If it's true that its final form will be bipedal with Fighting, I'll probably just go the unevolved-with-Eviolite route again... for the second gen in a row.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry, but the leaks you mentioned are nearly guaranteed to be (at best one of the two) final evolutions. While they are vaguely connected to the basic starters, the stage 1s introduce motifs and patters that are too similar to the leaked finals to be coincidental, namely the dress on Poplio, the fire bell that shares colors with the belt, the projectile weapon detail from the description.

Instead, hope that the secret they share with Rockruff being multiple final evos.
Then why does the mane on litten grows bigger in its first evolution and shrinks in the final one?
I seriously hate the leaks. Especially the fire wrestler!

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Then why does the mane on litten grows bigger in its first evolution and shrinks in the final one?
I seriously hate the leaks. Especially the fire wrestler!
Since its concept art, I wouldn't focus too closely on one detail, but rather how nicely these work as a stepping-stone to the broad concept of "owl archer," "cat wrestler," "seal diva."

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Yup, Final stage leaks definitely confirmed. I'm seriously considering boxing my starter for the first time ever. I've always used at least one starter in every Pokémon game. I couldn't care less about any of these, they're the worst set of starters ever... The only one I can see myself using is Rowlet's final evo, but only if its official art and game model show it to look better than it looks in the reference art.
Besides, if they're like the Gen 6 starters, they'll probably have hidden abilities that are better than Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent, so I'll just breed those ones instead.
It's bringing back memories of fennekin and braixen. I LOVED both of their designs and then comes delphox. I just didn't get it!
Exactly. Before the leaks, I was going to choose Litten. Litten is just like Fennekin. First stage is the best for me of the 3 starters, and it's the fire-type, which is a plus for me. The second stage is even better. Torracat looks awesome compared to the other 2. But then, we the reach final stage and it's a complete disaster. The difference is Delphox can actually look good after a while. Litten's final stage will always look awful. Get your stuff together GF.

Why did they have to add Ash-Greninja, I hate it so much
Go away, Ash-Greninja. Noone likes you anyway.
There should be a dislike button here...

Anyway,
Yay, Ash-Greninja is confirmed... and NO! It's only available through the demo. I honestly hope not, but it kinda looks like that Greninja from the demo is the only capable of transforming into Ash-Greninja... which is f-in' lame! Seriously, I just restarted my X game to create the team I had planned for a supposed Z game. The team includes Greninja, as its the only Kalos starter I haven't used in a playthrough. I've just bred a near-flawless Protean Greninja to, after completing the playthrough, transfer it with all my other pokémon to the new gen, so that I can use it to transform into Ash-Greninja (as I was hopeful they would include it in S/M). I even named my in-game trainer character "Z", as a reference to the anime... And now GF is basically telling me I just wasted my time on all that. Like, base Greninja is cool and all, but Ash-Greninja's design is, imo, clearly superior. Meh, maybe there's hope and any Greninja can transform... I'm still hopeful that in the case of Zygarde, I can transfer one from XY and use an ability capsule on it so that it can have Power Construct instead of Aura Break...

About Mega Evolution, it's a shame they're abandoning the concept after only one Gen, just to hype those ridiculous Z-Moves, but it was expected. At least, the old ones are still in the game, so in the end, I'm okay with it.

As for the rest, meh, don't care about Global Link, don't care much about Festival Plaza other than what it seemed to be something that allowed us to increase EVs like the Join Avenue shop in B2W2 and Poké Pelago seems like a Day Care on steroids (minus the breeding part, apparently), and might be useful for finding items like the evolutionary stones and such...

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Yay, Ash-Greninja is confirmed... and NO! It's only available through the demo. I honestly hope not, but it kinda looks like that Greninja from the demo is the only capable of transforming into Ash-Greninja... which is f-in' lame! Seriously, I just restarted my X game to create the team I had planned for a supposed Z game. The team includes Greninja, as its the only Kalos starter I haven't used in a playthrough. I've just bred a near-flawless Protean Greninja to, after completing the playthrough, transfer it with all my other pokémon to the new gen, so that I can use it to transform into Ash-Greninja (as I was hopeful they would include it in S/M). I even named my in-game trainer character "Z", as a reference to the anime... And now GF is basically telling me I just wasted my time on all that. Like, base Greninja is cool and all, but Ash-Greninja's design is, imo, clearly superior. Meh, maybe there's hope and any Greninja can transform... I'm still hopeful that in the case of Zygarde, I can transfer one from XY and use an ability capsule on it so that it can have Power Construct instead of Aura Break...
To be honest Protean Greninja is most likely better than Ash-Greninja, obviously Ash-Greninja will have better stats, but I don't think they would be good enough to be a better pick than Protean Greninja, also I assume that this is the only way to get Ash-Greninja Making it hard to get good IVs on it regardless

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
Dartrix: YES YES YES YES. It has such a slick design with the brown "hood" of feathers around its head and chest, combined with the leaf bowtie that I'm glad it kept from the Rowlet stage. The way it flicks its hair back in the trailer is a hilariously fantastic touch, solidifying what its flavor text says about it being kind of a snob. I've been an adamant member of Team Rowlet since the beginning, and Dartrix only further solidifies my decision.

Torracat: Really, really cool design here. Torracat looks just as awesome as Litten and is even more intimidating. Plus its name is badass. I like how its stance gives it the impression that it's always ready to pounce.

Brionne: Ugh. "Pop Star Pokemon"? No. Just no.

So far, my opinions on the Starters have not changed. The Rowlet line is still adorable and awesome, the Litten line is still badass, and the Popplio line is still "I-hate-it-now-but-it'll-probably-grow-on-me-someday".

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
So we have a ballerina with pigtails and it's 87.5% male. Ok, Gamefreak.

Doesn't mean it still can't be fabulous as a boy.

This is one of the funny cases when it comes to starters and their gender ratio; you can get a case like Brionne.

spoopsterr

Aspiring Trainer
Hey check out the end of each dex entry, for dartrix we see 'If this Pokemon is with a Trainer who helps it through, its strength will grow hugely!' For Torracat ' And yet it sometimes behaves like spoiled child in front of Trainers or Pokemon with whom it has built a relationship of trust.' And finally for Brionne 'It’s said that Brionne will only reveal a sad expression to a Pokemon or Trainer to whom it has opened its heart completely.'

What could this mean! Could our final evos get ash greninja style in battle changes? Or as i think could be the answer, when we bond enough with the middle evo they could get a sons special evolution instead of the normal ones that we will be getting seeing as leaks said that rock ruff and the starters will have a special evolution and it proved true at first soooo?!?!

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
To be honest Protean Greninja is most likely better than Ash-Greninja, obviously Ash-Greninja will have better stats, but I don't think they would be good enough to be a better pick than Protean Greninja, also I assume that this is the only way to get Ash-Greninja Making it hard to get good IVs on it regardless
Precisely, hence why I was hoping we could transform any Greninja (like the one I bred with good IVs) but yeah, I noticed now Battle Bond is an ability. And speaking of that: Why the hell are they making all the new forms be Ability and in-battle dependent??? Can't they just create Key Items like the Reveal Glass or the DNA Splicers? Being battle-only is already a bummer, but being ability-dependent compromises the viability of Perfect Zygarde and Ash-Greninja...