BW/BW2 Evolution Ideas For The Fifth Generation

J

jeb91

I think these would be some good ones...Let's see how many I get right when the pokemon are announced!!!!
Evolutions for:
sandslash
electrode(bigger, random ball)
mr. mime
jynx
pinsir
eevee-any of the ten remaining types not used
sudowoodo(some big full grown tree)
chatot(toucan or something)

Prevolutions for:
doduo(with only one head... emu or ostrich)
tauros(baby bull)
miltank(baby cow)
carnivine(baby weed looking thing)

MS Eeveelution said:
Much better if Prevo of Tauros and miltank is the same

Why? Personaly I don't see why everybody craves a prevo between them they arn't evan slightly related. Atleast the Hitmon's could pass for a shared prevo.

Jhawley said:
Why? Personaly I don't see why everybody craves a prevo between them they arn't evan slightly related. Atleast the Hitmon's could pass for a shared prevo.

They are more related than you think. It's mainly along the line of genders. They do need a prevo, which should resemble a calf.

A male Calf becomes a bull (Tauros), and a female become a cow (Miltank), so, with that in mind, they are related, there is just no link to get some people to know that.

Jhawley said:

lol. How are a bull and a cow not related? Tauros & Miltank are counterparts of each other... they sould have a shared pre-evo... same with Pinsir & Heracross...

tyking16 said:
Jhawley said:

They are more related than you think. It's mainly along the line of genders. They do need a prevo, which should resemble a calf.

A male Calf becomes a bull (Tauros), and a female become a cow (Miltank), so, with that in mind, they are related, there is just no link to get some people to know that.

They are less related than you claim.

They have no physical resemblance, they have completely different move pools, their pokedex entries and numbers have no relationship, they have barely any relationship outside of that one is a bull the other a cow.
Going by that logic meowth and skitty have to have a prevo because they're both cats.

I can't stress enough how every pokemon doesn't have to be related.

So I'm going to take this topic a slightly different way because I'm curious what you all think.

On the topic of evolution ideas, it was stated that we might see a new way of evolution in the next pokemon movie with Zoroark and Zorua. Source: http://pokebeach.com/2010/02/new-pokemon-revealed-zorua-zoroark

Now we already have an exhausted list of ways to evolve a pokemon - what possible new ways could they introduce?

I have a couple of ideas in mind, one of which I only thought of until just recently.

Ability-Based Evolution:
Depending on the pokemon's ability they can evolve into different pokemon. Nearly all of the new pokemon that was shown to us in the last Coro Coro have 2 abilities and the one that caught my eye to lead me to this was Gear. Its abilities are Plus OR Minus.

Well this doesn't make sense. Why should the same pokemon have an ability that is solely meant for double battles? Plusle and Minun could get away with this because although they were very similar, they were 2 different pokemon, with 2 different stats and move pools. One was better at defense and the other offense. I'm sure GameFreak knows enough about how we use pokemon to know that no one would use 2 Gears in a double battle - Since A: It's actually against official VGC rules and B: It's just dumb.

So depending on if your Gear has a Plus or Minus ability, it might evolve in to a different pokemon all together. What if this is true for other pokemon too? Heck, this might even be how they explain new evolutions to pre-existing pokemon.

Trainer-Choices Evolution:
This is more speculation (and some wishful thinking) of an idea. I sure as shoot wasn't the first one to hope for and assume a "morality" based story and system in Pokemon B/W. The name and overall shift to more mature trainers really suggests to some that the player will have more say in their choices within the game. What if your choices also effect which pokemon you get and what they evolve into?

I'm not talking about Happiness or Frustration here. Personally, I hate that concept with such a passion. Also I'm not suggesting that "This will make your pokemon evil." Case in point - Team Rocket's pokemon. I remember an early episode to the show in which TR and Ash's pokemon are stuck together. Ekans, Koffing, and Meowth are clearly not evil even though their trainers make poor choices. They simply obey them because they want them to be happy.

Now let's look at Zorua. Its classification is "Evil Fox Pokemon." EVIL fox pokemon. That's a VERY bold statement for GameFreak to make since in all the various pokemon that have been characterized as being aggressive or vicious, none of them have been EVIL before. So what if one's decisions will cause Zorua to evolve into Zoroark or a completely different pokemon? Maybe this is why both Zoroak and Zorua are event pokemon?

If you think about it, this goes above and beyond the normal "version exclusives" Pokemon has been known for. It really pushes players to trade with other people (the very vision of pokemon as a game itself) because some pokemon you simply COULD NOT GET yourself. While others might feel very limited by this, I think it would be an amazing transition because it really does make the game so much more social.

What do you think? What new ways of evolution do you think they could employ?

Jhawley said:

They are less related than you claim.

They have no physical resemblance, they have completely different move pools, their pokedex entries and numbers have no relationship, they have barely any relationship outside of that one is a bull the other a cow.
Going by that logic meowth and skitty have to have a prevo because they're both cats.

I can't stress enough how every pokemon doesn't have to be related.
[/quote]

Johto's Regional Dex has Miltank & Tauros next to each other... and they are found in the same route... I don't think that's a coincidence...

No I don't think it's a coincidence, like I said befor they are related in that they are both cattle. But in no other way and their national dex numbers have no correlation.
I feel as though people are grasping at straws to find a link that isn't there just to justify to them selfs a belief that gamefreak can read their minds and will make a prevo that they want to keep them happy.

I agree with JHawley. Tauros and Miltank have similarities, but not visible ones. They're just too different to have the same pre-evo.

I actually can't think of any pokémon that need evo's or pre-evo's.

I personaly wouldn't mind an evolution for sudowoodo to boost it's stats a little. And I wouldn't mind an volution for torkoal as I'd like to see a fire/water type pokemon with a steam theme which I think could work well there but hey just my opinion.

I like the idea of Weezing evolving into Choking but then Arbok would need to evolve... perhaps Nohtyp (python) or Tnepres (serpent) or something more clever. I also think it would be pretty cool if Zangoose and Seviper Evolved just because they are pretty awesome already. Jynx for sure. (less annoying call tho) Mr. Mime to Mime Sr. or Elder Mime. I like the Tauros idea of evolving into a Minotaur. Pinsir could evolve and get more play. I want Golduck to evolve and get its Psychic type. I like the idea of Farfetch'd evolving into Propos'trus (i really think that it was a clever fakemon) Kangeskhan needs to have a baby form really bad! we have seen it already but it just needs to happen.... lol I would like to see Houndoom evolve too. :-D Banette needs an evo. Dusclops got one so Banette should. its fair. (i know its not about fair, but i liked banette better.) Another eeveelution for kicks. and finally i think that Carnivine needs a Roselia makeover. give it a pre-vo and an evo. :-D

I really would like tauros to evolve. Minotauros would be cool. I like the idea of Mime Sr., because I've loved the Mime pokemon! Maybe instead of Female Mr. Mimes, Mime Jr could evolve in Mrs. Mime if Female and become Mime Elder. A syther pre evo would be Awesome! Go for it Gamefreak!

jeb91 said:
I think these would be some good ones...Let's see how many I get right when the pokemon are announced!!!!
Evolutions for:
sandslash
electrode(bigger, random ball)
mr. mime
jynx
pinsir
eevee-any of the ten remaining types not used
sudowoodo(some big full grown tree)
chatot(toucan or something)

Prevolutions for:
doduo(with only one head... emu or ostrich)
tauros(baby bull)
miltank(baby cow)
carnivine(baby weed looking thing)

i think that tauros should share a prevolution with miltank

so i agree with everybody

i think an evolution of steelix and golbat (besides crobat) would be nice

and mr.mime's evelution can be called mimeSR.

TheAmazingGrass/SteelUser said:
i think that tauros should share a prevolution with miltank

so i agree with everybody

Not me.

TheAmazingGrass/SteelUser said:
i think an evolution of steelix and golbat (besides crobat) would be nice

and mr.mime's evelution can be called mimeSR.

Steelix has high enough stats so more than likely won't evolve.
I am willing to bet my left arm that goldbat won't recieve a split evo.
Also for the most awesome Mr. Mime fan art check it out.
http://www.pokegraph.com/galeries/displayimage.php?album=9&pos=15

I replied to one of your posts in a forum I didn't mean to offend you, just voicing my personal opinion. Sorry dude.

Oh I see what you mean from a different thread didn't evan see it was you again dude, once again just havign my say wasn't personal against you.

Back