Ruling Erratas

cappuccino

Aspiring Trainer
Most of my friends don't go online to check on erratas so they don't believe the new rules. I used to be like that too till I registered on Pokebeach. So my questions are

1} The erratas are made by who and is registered under who's authority?
2} How would you differentiate between real erratas and fake ones?
3} How would you convince my friends about the new rules?

Thou Shall Sleep said:
Most of my friends don't go online to check on erratas so they don't believe the new rules.

I have friends like that. I tell them they're stupid.

Thou Shall Sleep said:
1} The erratas are made by who and is registered under who's authority?

The errata are issued by Pokemon USA. There is no higher authority.

Thou Shall Sleep said:
2} How would you differentiate between real erratas and fake ones?

Official errata are listed in the Organized Play section of go-pokemon.com. They are also listed in the Compendium, which is (or should be) regarded as a reliable source of official information.

The Compendium, while not an "official" PUI publication, is a compilation of rulings as handed down by the global Organized Play coordinators at PUI. Anything there should be regarded as if it came from PUI itself -- because it did.

Typically the Compendium gets the errata first, as it takes a few days for stuff to work through red tape at PUI before it gets posted on go-pokemon.

Thou Shall Sleep said:
3} How would you convince my friends about the new rules?

Direct them to one of the two aforementioned sources.

The most recent round of errata can be found here:
http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/news/articles/24.html

They are also in the new Compendium LvX:
http://compendium.pokegym.net/compendium-lvx.html#c3

Also, any competent judge over a Tier 2 tournament will have an errata list handy. Or better yet, have them memorized. That's how I spent my weekend.

Then nice weekends...
So the compendium is trustable, right?
My friend don't even go online checking stuff like these. They only use the Internet for card scans.

Thou Shall Sleep said:
So the compendium is trustable, right?

Yes. Everything in the Compendium is directly from PUI (notice there's a date and a source after everything). The Compendium team just keeps it all organized.

Back