Errata Announced for ‘Brilliant Stars’ Garchomp Due to Text Error

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon.com has announced an errata for Garchomp from Brilliant Stars due to an error in the card text.
The card contains an error in its Sonic Slip Ability that allows Garchomp to avoid being hurt by all attacks:

When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may prevent all damage from and effects of attacks done to this Pokémon until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

However, the card should only allow Garchomp to evade your opponent‘s attacks. This is the corrected text from Pokemon:

When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may prevent all damage from and effects of attacks from your opponent’s Pokémon done to this Pokémon until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

Like all erratas, players are supposed to treat the card as if...

Continue reading...

I misunderstood, thought it was defending pokemon and the opposing player could just switch out. Seems that's not the case. Ignore me
This errata makes the card completely unplayable now due to the fact my dugtrio will now damage it while it’s on my bench. Very sad!

Back