English-Exclusive Klara Promo Featured in March’s Premium Tournament Collections!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The packaging for the Cyrus and Klara Premium Tournament Collections were revealed a few weeks ago — and now TPCi has revealed Klara’s promo card will feature exclusive artwork!

Klara-Premium-Tournament-Collection-109x200.jpg

SWSHP_EN_SWSH302-143x200.png

Cyrus-Premium-Tournament-Collection-108x200.jpg

Cyrus-Full-Art-Promo-143x200.jpg

Lately we’ve been seeing a trend where international markets are receiving exclusive cards. For example, we received a few Celebrations promos that Japan never released, the...

Continue reading...

Amazing. Love this. Hope we get more English exclusives. Japan has had so many exclusives for so many different eras. Let us English collectors have our special cards more often

There have been a few other international-only cards over the years. Raikou GX did not have a JP print, nor did Tornadus GX or Thundurus GX. There are a few others slipping my mind, including some Gen V cards (one of the Kyurems, forget which), but generally when it occurs it doesn't seem to have been noticed, because things are so hectic in terms of tracking which cards came from where to start with.

Actually, a few of the build-and-battle and/or prerelease promos have featured international-only artwork.

It's been some time and I could be wrong but I believe Crystal Guardians was an English exclusive set. Japanese cards where printed but needed to be ordered

I wonder if pokemon recovery is going to come at a premium this next format with the elevation of Klara in this box and Miriam getting printed right off the rip. Maybe we have no rod/stretcher at all for SV block.

I wonder if pokemon recovery is going to come at a premium this next format with the elevation of Klara in this box and Miriam getting printed right off the rip. Maybe we have no rod/stretcher at all for SV block.
I’m not sure how I feel about that. It would certainly make for a change of pace. On the one hand, you generally want to use item cards over supporters when you can. On the other hand, a format where you are given greater incentive to use a variety of different supporter cards for a variety of different Supporter cards for a variety of different purposes, especially a post-Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX, post Single Strike package format, could turn out to be a very fun format, because it could turn out to be a very slow and skillful format. After all, one of the redeeming qualities of the broken XY block format, according to Jason Klaczynski in the “ranking the formats” section of his blog, was the wide variety of supporter cards you could choose from. Drawing Supporter cards, searching Supporter cards, gusting supporter cards, scooping supporter cards, game-breaking supporter cards, and more! It’s also one reason why I enjoy playing @Justinbasil’s Regigigas VSTAR/Inteleon deck I’m casual play… it’s not the most competitive Inteleon deck, but it’s one of the most skillful, because the games drag out longer, you’re less reliant on VSTAR powers and acceleration, and you have to plan out your use of the Inteleon package more carefully. I’m planning to find the most fun Lost Box variant to pair with it… again, for casual play.
P.S. A card like Miriam might encourage a turbo deck that aims to thin the deck out with items, recycling Pokémon with Miriam as the get discarded as well as they get knocked out as well as when they get discarded, and giving you a higher chance of drawing into them.

Last edited:
Back