Energies in BW

Jelze

Aspiring Trainer
Something I just noticed, none of the BW cards released so far have been basic energy cards as would be the norm for base sets. Not having energy cards in the base sets means there is no newly designed energy cards to collect and put in decks when they are rereleased in theme decks. Does anyone else see a problem with this?

While it is strange, it should not effect theme decks at all. Remember, when the HGSS theme decks came out, I think all of the theme decks did not use the new kinds of Energy (the ones with silhouettes on them). They used some other type of Energy.

But with the HGSS theme decks they had the gen 4 DP energies to base them off, as the HGSS energies were really only relevant to the base set as they were based around specific pokemon, but with BW we have nothing.

It's entirely possible that the English set could have exclusive Energy cards similar to HGSS. I wouldn't at all be surprised with Energy cards in an English set since it's the common practice since the game's English inception (IIRC).

I also think Call of Legends will have foil Energy like Power Keepers did, but we'll wait and see on both those theories.

That's true, I hadn't noticed that.
Call of Legends could very well have foil energy, but the point still remains that "Base" sets typically have energy. That said, English and Japanese sets are often very different, so it could change between the two languages.

i hope that there are energies in the american release. also i hope they 1-up themselves on the hgss ones because those ones were amazing.

Castelia City lends itself to landscape energy cards so nicely too. Let's see Castelia City backdrop on a Dark energy with Zorua in the bottom left corner ^_^

Back